PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like unsweetened iced tea. Or ice water. Many beverages will do, but if they have too much of their own flavor and complexity, they begin to compete. Still, I enjoy many different ones, from beers to hot coffee to colas and fruit juice.

okiebrad

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 13, 2016
I was wondering what is the best companion to the tobacco, Scotch, whiskey, brandy or beer

Well since this post has surfaced again I will proudly say here in Oklahoma the answer is YES.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
Lately I've been accompanying my summer-porch-sit pipes with iced green tea with ginseng... just the infamous jug stuff with the cute geishas on the label by Arizona. Secondly, iced coffee latte... which has gone GREAT with stronger blends. And finally I found a weird, bizarre, carbonated water very lightly flavored with lime and mint... seems like it is miraculously transformed into gin and tonic in the presences of VAPer blends. Gerolsteiner mineral water was great with pipes when I could still get it.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Water. Booze has been shown to kill the microflora that protect your mouth from developing lesions that lead to cancer. People that drink while smoking have a 40% increased rate of developing the above. So, yeah...water #1.

jabo

Can't Leave
Jan 26, 2016
Coffee, ice tea, or ice cold beer. I'm over the hill and choose beer and will take my chances.'

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Bigpond, I wonder how long it will take before research will contradict that data. Factor in the fact that the cancer cells are already with the subject. Wouldn't be surprised, some day, it will be said that alcohol helps deterr cancer cells.

Jun 27, 2016
Anything palate-cleansing works for me. Coke (non-diet), water, tea all work for me. I like swishing a little Coke around on my tongue to let the carbonation "clean" it off. Since OP was most likely asking about alcohol, I can't say that I've had alcohol with a pipe recently. Thinking something like a cold Kirin Ichiban or possibly a very cold Yuengling Black & Tan would work well.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Bigpond, I wonder how long it will take before research will contradict that data. Factor in the fact that the cancer cells are already with the subject. Wouldn't be surprised, some day, it will be said that alcohol helps deterr cancer cells.
Who knows? I'll take a guess and say when the klingons come.
Cancer is not already in a cancer free person. Your body is constantly remaking itself from the atomic level on up. Cancer is result of a mutation that causes a cell or cells to make a replication error.
Genetic testing only shows that certain individuals may have markers that are frequently associated with later cancer development. Such test are absolutely fallible. Recent studies of epigenetics in twins has proven environment has significant impact on development of cancer.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Hmmm, I thought cancer was caused from low ATP levels caused by microbes inside cancer cells we already have. Learn something new everyday. Thanks BigPond.

hextor

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 20, 2015
i will drink some wine or some Mississippi mud beer. but i find tea to be the best companion.

drunkblowhard

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2015
As a professional drinker I feel compelled to weigh in here.
Lots of the above mentioned options are delicious, but in my opinion the best option is Spanish Brandy. This stuff was built to accompany tobacco.
For about 30 bucks you can pick up a bottle of Cardinal Mendoza Spanish Brandy. And from then on, it's game over. That stuff is beyond words tasty, and embarassingly cheap when you weigh the quality of the spirit against it's price tag in spirits market.
It's a little sweet, a little spicy, a little toasty, a little nutty...
Get involved!
Cheers!

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
I don't drink when I smoke. Lately I have started with a shot of milk and when I am done with a bowl, I always want to drink a cup of coffee. I don't ever drink milk except a small amount lately right before I light up.

ember

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2014
Penzance and Dr pepper

or Not your father's Vanilla Cream with a vanilla tobacco

travelergypsy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 15, 2016
Rooibos tea (African Red Tea) goes exceptionally well with PS LTF, as well as any English blend.

fafnir

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 21, 2016
I tend to enjoy either earl grey or chamomile tea after smoking a bowl.

tmb152

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2016
I agree that a good coffee is nice after, I prefer to blend my own mix of beans, fresh grind them, then with a little light cream, but I like a good bourbon as well, but since some of you were concerned about alcohol being a cancer risk with tobacco (and presumably tobacco is one already), you might want to try getting some good quality organic bitter, raw apricot seeds--- they are very high in B17--- you eat about 6 a day ideally, never more than two at a time, B17 seems to have a pretty well documented anti-cancer effect and someone I know who researched it greatly as a cancer survivor who uses them swears by them. And they are pretty tasty. I buy the Apricot Power brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.