sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
Or just coffee is good, too.

ehrlich-600x448.jpg

jruthledge

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2015
I was just thinking about caffeine/nicotine pairings the other day. In my mind it goes like this; cigarettes and coffee, cigars and espresso, pipes and tea, vapes and energy drinks.

giripai

Lurker
Mar 25, 2015
I am still new to pipe smoking. However, I do prefer drinking something cool. Most of the time, Iced water. If I have more time, I prefer Iced Tea.

Carbonated Drinks cause me more tingling sensation on my tongue. I guess its because I may still be a hot smoker.

foolwiththefez

Can't Leave
Sep 22, 2015
Sunny FL
I was just thinking about caffeine/nicotine pairings the other day. In my mind it goes like this; cigarettes and coffee, cigars and espresso, pipes and tea, vapes and energy drinks.
Cigarettes and Coffee. God yes. I'm glad I quit smoking (cigarettes), but every time I go to waffle house and have a slice of their coffee I want a cig sooooooo much. Better coffee doesn't provoke that Pavlovian response, but cheap cowboy coffee always does.

hextor

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 20, 2015
I had this really bold coffee imported from el Salvador and it was so delicious especially with a English tobacco like mountain camp, both complimented each other with the bold and complex chocolate like flavor , and the marshmallow smell that comes out the pipe, mmmmm

elmafudd2

Lurker
Nov 16, 2015
I agree with foolwiththefez, studies show that there is an increase of risk when smoking and drinking alcohol. Plain old water or tea sounds good!

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
I usually steer clear from carbonated stuff as it tends to increase the burning sensation in my mouth. Usually coffee, tea or water.

firehosen

Lurker
Dec 12, 2015
If you are in the U.S., Dales Pale Ale and Northwoods is my personal favorite pipe and beer combo. Otherwise, Early Morning Pipe and coffee (cream and sugar is how I do mine) is just a match made in Heaven. The flavors of each almost seem to cleanse the palate in between sips of the other. A day off started this way is a good day.

hextor

Sep 20, 2015
Wow!!! I have never thought about all the drink pairings that can be done with pipe tobacco, I am excited to try some of these ideas, I feel inspired, also never tought that there were a lot of tea drinkers out there , it is good to know

cynicismandsugar

Nov 17, 2015
Springfield, Mo
Okay, this is what you do: Get yourself an over-the-counter aromatic (the choice of aromatic is where you can really let your inner culinarian run free). Smoke it fast, so you get a good amount of condensation; don't run a pipe cleaner as you smoke, because, you're going to need that black Virginia Tea.
When you've finished your pipe, drain the elixir into a mason jar, and save. Repeat this step until you've finished off your sacrificial pouch.
Now, you should have enough precious sludge for the next step. Make up some simple syrup: Equal parts sugar (if you're feeling exotic, try demerara sugar) and water, slowly heated in a pan until the all the sugar granules dissolve.
Let the syrup cool completely.
Once cooled, mix the simple syrup and Virginia Tea together in the mason jar.
Finally, when you decide to enjoy your next pipe, mix 1 to 1 ½ oz of Virginia Syrup with 8 to 12 oz of sparkling water. Garnish with a lemon wedge and mint spring; or substitute the sparkling water with 2 oz of Evan Williams, or other bottom shelf booze (garnished with cigar ash).
Ahhhhh, refreshing.
*Please, don't try this at home... I'm drunk posting again.

sw0snuff3r

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2014
I'm smoking some Germain's Plum Cake and drinking some honeybush tea and it's a really nice pairing. I drink black tea for most of the day and I find it a great accompaniment to pipe tobacco. I'll occasionally have Lapsang Souchong with an English blend, another great combo as others have mentioned.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Hear in West Texas I always have a Iced Tea so naturally thats what I have when smoking, however some evenings after work I enjoy 3 fingers Bourbon with a good Dark Fired Kentucky such as War Horse Ready-Cut or H&H Marquee Cerberus and El Nino

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
No Nate, just saying that I always have a big glass of Iced Tea, take a 1gal cooler full of T to work, has nothing to do with location so much as the fact that IT'S FRIGGING HOT, just glad Im not in Phoenix

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Pagen, anytime I see the weather map I wonder why humans have chosen to live in phoenix. Hell im in Alabama and I HATE it profoundly. I can dress for cold weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.