PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
All depends on what you're smoking. I find whisky goes the best with virginia's. But water is the best drink with tobacco.

fyfol

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2015
I usually drink tea. It's one of the upsides of Turkey, endless options and it's dirt cheap. Occasionally though, I get me some smoky, full-bodied Scotch to go with the pipe.

randelli

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 21, 2015
I posted that I buy Twinnings tea, I meant to type Whittard, sorry. Twinnings is good; but I really like the offerings at Whittard - especially their sticky toffee pudding loose leaf. I have a tin that is at least 20 years old that keep refilling.
Their lapsang is really good too. I bought a loose bag - no tin - pretty inexpensively. You open the bag and campfire wafts throughout the kitchen. Brewed strong it has a nice peaty flavor that goes well with FM Cellars.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
The beer I like is "It's Not Your Grandfather's Root Beer". Actually it's an Ale. Tastes great with an aromatic blend like 1Q and the like. It also sweetens up an English blend. My choice for a non-alcoholic drink is sweet black coffee.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Harney & Sons tea. Usually an Oolong. I prefer Li Shan, Ti Quan Yin and Fenghuang Shuixian.

demetrakopoulos

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2015
Chicago, Illinois
I've never thought of drinking tea with a pipe before. I usually just smoked it on its own, or I've had black coffee (that's more coincidental because I'm pretty much always drinking black coffee).
I think I'll have to try that tonight. Thanks!

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
I haven't had a drink of booze since '89 myself so what I like is Expresso Coffee best. Nicotine/Caffeine great combo, one offsets the other. Both work on the head and mood. I aslo like Mountain Dew, but the diabetes limits usage of that. Ive not tried tea that much, I should. Good question.

stanlaurel

Jan 31, 2015
I had never heard of Whittard tea. I will have to try it.
I do need to put in a good word for Twinnings Lapsang though. I have been drinking it since the 80's.
I gave up alcohol in 1987. I have to make do with tea.

markus

Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
Coffee in the morning, Guinness in the evening... or a good amber, red or an IPA is also good. Oh hell... who am I kidding, any beer is good with a smoke as long as it's cold.

I do prefer a dark beer with an English tobacco though.

nelsongruber

Might Stick Around
Aug 11, 2015
Caracas, Venezuela
Here in Venezuela we have a nice selection of rhum (one of the best in the world) and it goes wonderfully with any of the tobaccos I´ve smoked.
Beer is also nice, as is a nice cold glass of water. Scotch goes perfect with it too.
I´m also a tea lover, but I´ve never tried that combo, maybe tonight I´ll try some.

sthbkr77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 17, 2015
MD
I quit drinking alcohol 9 months ago and realized that I burned through quite a bit of tobacco with skewed tastes. Now it's tea, coffee, or water. My new "vice" is seltzer water. While delicious, they can enhance any bite you may find get so be careful if you like to pretend to be a choo-choo.

pipefish

Can't Leave
Aug 25, 2013
Since moving to Europe my British friends have turned me on to this stuff.....
yorkshire-tea-150x121.jpg

Greatest tea ever

Status
Not open for further replies.