PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
I'm getting to be a cheapskate about this. I gave up on the pouches and just keep "carryin'" tobacco in old rectangular tins. The pipe ... I cut the back pockets out of a pair of pants I was about to throw away. A pipe and a few cleaners roll up in these nice and compact, and into a coat pocket they go.
I'm another advocate of DGT-ing for a hike. :puffy:

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
since most always in old movies I've seen nothing but Roll pouches in use and me as traditionalist do prefer using them when need be.Yet I suspect these Roll pouches are far more popular in England than in any other country,nevertheless as far as I'm aware of those combined zipper-pouches are gaining popularity lately..

Reactions: Severus

eaglebleyes

Might Stick Around
Jan 23, 2017
Mars
Numerous containers depending on the days activities. From leather pouches to re purposed Skoal cans to :puffpipe: Tupperware.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Tin, lighter and tamper fit into my rectum; pipe and pipe cleaners go into suit pocket. Works every time, even if the tobaccos (usually Mixture 79) taste more "Lakeland" this way.

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
Germain's Special Latakia Flake tins. Compact & durable.

They are also the perfect size for my bushcraft knife sheath & seal better than Altoid tins. Works well for steel & flint, & char cloth.

kane

Can't Leave
Dec 2, 2014
In Australia they sell tanned kangaroo scrotums as tobacco pouches
.....I think I'll pass. Guess I'm just a one scrotum man.
Went out last night, put tobacco in a Dunhill tin, my pipe in a small Crown Royal bag, threw that with the tin, lighter, matches, and a couple of pipe cleaners in a large Crown Royal bag, and put it all in my Mountain Smith lumbar pack. Good to go! And what says, "You've arrived!", more than a bunch of old Crown Royal bags? Plus, those bags make great polishing rags for cleaning up the pipe after a smoke.

addamsruspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2016
Albuquerque, NM
I have had good luck with Judd's man made reptile tobacco pouches off ebay. They are nice looking and only start at $10.95. Occasionally there are even 3-4 up as a lot for auction and they usually go for about $15 which lets you dedicate a pouch to different types of tobacco.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
$10 can't beat it.
Jobey_Small_Zipper_Plastic_Lining_1005_Front_WM__78217.1356032883.1280.1280.jpg

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
When I go out I always bring my Martin Wess 4 pipe bag. It holds all I need for a night out of smoking. If I am going on vacation I bring my Sheffield pipe brief case. It holds 7 pipes, tons of tobacco and my lap top. I got this thing a long time ago from smokingpipes.

4pipecs-443x600.jpg

bfc2-600x337.jpg

theloniousmonkfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2017
Check Goodwill. Got an old zippered lap top bag that fits a seven pipe case, 3-5 tins, several pouches/bags of tobacco and a copper dish. It's lined with pockets stuffed with extra matches, tampers, cleaners, q tips, knife and flat piece of wood for plugs, and a bag for garbage. The front pocket holds 2-5 pipes in various padded pouches or cases and the back has a slim pocket for more crap like extra pouches and a book.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I second the thrift store approach. I picked up this old vinyl Case Logic CD player bag for 2 or 3 bucks.
It easily holds 2 pipes, 2 tins, 2 lighters,, pipe cleaners, tampers and a Kindle sized device. Perfect for the coffee house jaunt or day travel. With some work, a third pipe and/or tin will go in for longer journeys. It has a shoulder strap and belt loops.
case-1-600x337.jpg

case-2-600x337.jpg

case-3-600x337.jpg

jay-roger.jpg

Reactions: Severus
If I am just running an errand, I may just toss the tin or jar in the seat next to me, or carry a square tin in my jacket pocket. But, for a day out and about, I may use the pipe roll that my wife had made for me by our local saddle maker, who does show saddles for horses. She died the leather and used some armadillo belly from armadillos that no longer dig up my garden. I made the sterling silver and amethyst emblem that she embroidered onto the leather.

piperoll1.jpg

piperoll2.jpg

If I am headed to a pipe show, or a pipe club meeting, where I want as many as twelve pipes or a lot of tins to share with friends, I will use a camera bag that I have converted for such use.

pipebag2.jpg

pipebag1.jpg

headhunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2013
Kinda hard to find now, 35mm film canisters work very well for me. If you press the baccy tight you can get enough in for 3 pipe fills. I carry 2 or 3 in my front pocket or jacket pocket. I have used chew tins and packet tight it lasts me all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.