PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
What is this "film" of which you speak? :rofl:
I can't remember the last time I had a film canister.
Great idea, though.
jay-roger.jpg

admiral

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2017
If I am off to an evening out or similar - I use the plastic containers from a Kinder Egg :oops:

Contains enough for at least two bowls and closes neatly.
For longer trips I use a common bagpack :)

sumusfumus

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2017
New York City
What do I carry my pipe tobacco in?......
A small, (approx. 3" X 5") heavy duty, zip-lock....the size that will fit into a shirt/jacket pocket. I can fit tobacco, spiraled pipe cleaners, and a wooden pipe-nail/tamper in with enough tobacco, and still have a small, not bulky, flat package... that can be easily stowed in a shirt, jacket, suit, back pocket. The plastic zip-lock bags can also flex and bend/blend to conform to the body shape. My pipe (a smaller-size pipe) goes into another pocket, usually my shirt pocket... with bowl down, stem up. I like to travel light if I must bring a pipe along with me. If, and only if, I needed to pack a few pipes, and larger amounts of tobaccos, etc....all would go into a stiff leather, mountain man-type, "possibles" bag....and I'd probably make that bag myself. Never had the need to make one, yet. BTW, these leather bags can be easily bought or made. A good vegetable-tanned leather bag will last a lifetime. They can also be waxed and made waterproof/water-resistant...and over-the-shoulder carry, leaves your two hands free.
For me, most of the various alternatives shown above, are too bulky, a PITA to carry, or honestly, look like a woman's clutch bag. I'll also pass on the scrotum-pouches, unless I want to start a conversation and garner some laughs.
For a quick, easy, and temporary carry, I can't beat the cheap, plastic zip-lock bag.
Frank

NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.