*** What Are You Smoking? *** (October, 2019)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
I've been casting glances at these Nording Compass pipes online (came across them while searching Falcon Pipes) and wondering whether I might like them. Simultaneously intrigued and somewhat hesitant due to the untraditional/modernist look of them.
I have one for driving. It’s a pretty small chamber but will smoke just as long as one of your beloved cobs with less tobacco, kind of a magic pipe if you will ! Very light weight but I find for me that the plastic bit is not as comfortable. Super easy to clean, stem comes out of bowl and bit from stem. The whole pipe is press fit. Recommend sir??

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
Just finished a tasty bowl of C&D Pegasus in my favorite pipe, a Briarworks Apple with tortoiseshell saddle stem. Nice accompaniment to my walk into the office.
View attachment 5909
Hap, what’s your opinion of those briar works pipes? You said that one is your fav, do you have others from briar works? Been eyeing them for about a year but haven’t pulled the trigger

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
That's a nice one, yeah. I love Savs, just about any kind. serviceable, reasonably priced, seldom any driling problems (that I've ever experienced myself at any rate), good fit/finish -- I just like 'em period, esp the 614 & similar. Dentures here, so a light jawhanger is a must if my hands are going to be full.

Status
Not open for further replies.