*** What Are You Smoking? *** (October, 2019)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRasta

Lifer
Sep 26, 2019
Monterey, CA
Smoking UncleRasta's Rando Mix in an MM Legend. (Uncle Rasta's Rando Mix is a bunch of Lane 1Q I got tired of smoking by itself, plus what was left of my Proper English, and random bits of 3 Nuns and other burley). I throw it all into a jar, mix it up, and add to it occasionally. Quite interesting. It can throw up quite a variety of smoking experiences.

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
Smoking UncleRasta's Rando Mix in an MM Legend. (Uncle Rasta's Rando Mix is a bunch of Lane 1Q I got tired of smoking by itself, plus what was left of my Proper English, and random bits of 3 Nuns and other burley). I throw it all into a jar, mix it up, and add to it occasionally. Quite interesting. It can throw up quite a variety of smoking experiences.
Man, that’s awesome! Every time I pull something like that, I light it and then throw up in my mouth a little lol. Have to toss it out

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finishing this bowl of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
SP was out of Dark Flake U/S when I placed my order, so I decided to try Dark Birds Eye instead, and that's what I'm having with my coffee. It is quite good, but I don't like it as much as DF. The shag-like cut is both feature and bug. Burns so easily, but also pretty quickly.
I had this same experience the first time I tried DBE. I learned after a little trial and error that packing it REALLY tight, like jamming the shit down in there, made a huge difference as long as I tested the airway before lighting. It can be smoked slow and cool, and when it does, it is an amazing tobacco. My sav 315KS (a relatively small bowled prince) can last a good hour or more.

It is also great to pack a little looser when a quick smoke is needed though. I also like using it to top off other VA based blends at times to get a good ember going. It blends well with damn near anything.

I like DFU better overall as well, but DBE is a great tobacco. My buddy ran out of cigarettes this year at Moose Camp and ended up rolling some cigs with it as well and absolutely loved it. Fucker burned through my camp stash in a hurry though. Goddamn fiend.

Status
Not open for further replies.