PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cranseiron

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2013
McHenry, MS
And for my 100th post-- drum roll, please......... Tobacco Culture: The Mentality of the Great Tidewater Planters on the Eve of Revolution.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
I picked up 2 books over the weekend..

"Death of a Rebel" a Phil Ochs bio..
And while I'm not a voracious consumer of fiction, I do enjoy short stories here and there..
"No One Belongs Here More than You" Stories by Miranda July

indianafrank

Oct 15, 2014
Rereading "Civil Disobedience" by Thoreau
Rereading "The Road To Serfdom" by F.A. Hayek
Just started to read, "The Crowd: Study of the Popular Mind " by Gustave LeBon
"Gold Warriors" by Sterling & Peggy Seagrave,

darthcider

Jan 24, 2014
Wales
Started reading Girl on the Train, on the recommendation of wifey, soon stopped, so boring.
Gone back to The Complete H P Lovecraft, much happier.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Finishing my umpteenth reread of the Aubrey-Maturin series by Patrick O'Brian - Blue at the Mizzen

Reading The Ancestor's Tale by Dawkins

About to start my third run through the Malazan Books of the Dead, Deadhouse Gates by Steven Erikson

And about halfway through Tortilla Flat by Steinbeck

josephcross

Dec 30, 2015
Not reading much of anything, but I am writing a comparitive essay on Robert Frosts "Neither Out Far Nor In Deep", and Roo Borsons "Waterfront". What I would like to re-read is:

4441f585c9e185267776785441a15409.jpg

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Joseph Cross, the Malazan books are must reads for anyone that likes fantasy. The characters are possibly my favorite in all of fiction. They blow the doors off the "winter is coming" books. and if you are a military fan, ... Just a bit of everything from religion to magic to tribal traditions. And nothing is sacred. Cannot remember if there are any pipe smokers.

addamsruspipe

Dec 4, 2016
Albuquerque, NM
What I'm reading is not high literature but it's really enjoyable light reading and the author comes out with a new book about every other month or so. The Kurtherian Gambit(The Queen Bitch series). It's an extremely light/fun/fast series if you are into SciFi/Fantasy.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
The Lovecraft Code, by Peter Levenda...his first attempt at fiction. Sort of like the Da Vinci code but based around Lovecraft's writings. Not very far into it yet, but pretty good so far. I've read other Levenda books and I think he's a good writer who knows his way around this type of material, so it promises to be intriguing.

bonanzadriver

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2016
Started a re-read of Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged about a week or so ago.
Don't know what it is, but every time I've read this book it seems like the first 80 pages or so are a whuppin. But then things start clickin and next thing you know you're 600 pages in and don't want it to end.

Status
Not open for further replies.