PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Good Wives,Nasty Wenches, and Anxious Patriarchs: Gender, Race, and Power in Colonial Virginia, by Kathleen M. Brown. Also The Underground Man by Ross Macdonald.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
"I'm Your Man" biography of Leonard Cohen by Sylvie Simmons. Extensive, over five hundred pages, and a good read that pulls you along. The man was a well-published novelist and poet before he ever took to song or the stage. He enjoyed and suffered from an adolescent restlessness for nearly all of his life. Not much of a husband but a dutiful and devoted dad in his middle-age. He was alternately a ladies man and a loner. Sweet natured and sometimes shouldered around in the studio (by Phil Spector for example) but sometimes a risky rabble rouser on stage, and for years a Buddhist monk who maintained his Jewish religion. He life makes quite a tale, if that's not too glib.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Norwegian Wood: Chopping, Stacking, and Drying Wood the Scandinavian Way by Lars Wytting. Very interesting read.

yaddy306

Lifer
Aug 7, 2013
Regina, Canada
dan-simmons-hyperion.jpg

sw0snuff3r

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2014
I'm on the second last book of the Sharpe series by Bernard Cornwell. I've really enjoyed the books as an easy bedtime read. I think I'll watch the TV series soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.