PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
Bourbon marinated chicken? Please describe.
It’s a pretty loose recipe, no measuring but I like to let the chicken soak up some bourbon for a day or two, along with whatever ingredients I have on hand that jive. You pretty much always want bbq sauce but I don’t always have it so I might throw tomatoes and hot peppers in the ninja and let that be the paste. Dashes of spices round it out. Mustard powder, chocolate habenero pepper, worchestire sauce, whatever feels right in the moment.

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
Poured myself a Heaven Hill Mellow Corn. My goodness this stuff is awesome. It's a simple drink, but its popcorn sweetness is overwhelming. It’s his beverage doesn’t get enough attention not a drink to pick out complex and subtle notes from, however you could easily smash through a bottle of this in a night without realising. Dangerous stuff indeed.
View attachment 240852
T
Poured myself a Heaven Hill Mellow Corn. My goodness this stuff is awesome. It's a simple drink, but it's popcorn sweetness is overwhelming. Its not a drink to pick out complex and subtle notes from, however you could easily smash through a bottle of this in a night without realising. Dangerous stuff indeed.
View attachment 240852
i didn’t know HH produces this. It’s really amazing neat. Add dashes of plum or peach bitters if you need to jazz it up after a few. This is an underrated and under-respected beverage. The branding is excellent too.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Now, before lunch, I'm having a few shots of Búfalo Trace, I find it a good classic bourbon, decent, and grateful. But that's my feeling, I'm a novice in these matters, although my palate gives me good sensations. It is sad that just like tobacco, which is being taken over by Asia, I fear that distillates are going the same way. Here in Spain, alcoholic beverages are going up every year, and they want to lower the alcoholic content, turning a good distillate into a lollipop for children. It is a personal opinion. I appreciate the opinion of my colleagues here. Thank you.IMG_6332[9357].jpg