Welcome New Members. Introduce Yourself. (2)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkkaumanua

Lurker
Oct 16, 2010
Hello Everyone,
My name is Joe and I’ve been an occasional pipe smoker for the last 27 years. However, this year I started smoking a pipe on a daily basis and though it would be a good idea to join this site. I look forward to getting some advice from the experts, and maybe offering a little of my own thoughts as well.
Anyway, I just joined today and I’m looking forward to joining in the discussions.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome, Joe. Hope to see a lot of posts and pics. Jump right in with them and any questions you may have. We're a freindly bunch here.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome aboard Jkkaumaunua,

Is Kaumaunua a Kanaka name?

We're glad to have you.

I look forward to your posts and pictures.

Just dive right in.

Ian Anderson is my favorite pipe smoking musician.

shakey53

Lurker
Oct 16, 2010
Lowell Tebbetts,From The St Louis Pipe Club.Wife sells tobacco for Steve Monjure at some of the shows.

jship079

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2010
Hey guys I JUSTstarted smokeing a pipe and I am new to here is there any links advice you can give me And I know someone will say practice

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Welcome Jship!
You are correct when you say that there is a lot of practice involved with pipe smoking. With that being said; check out my column here on PipesMagazine.com for quite a few articles and videos that are targeted for helping out beginners.
My column: With Pipe and Pen
Here are a few that should be especially helpful to you:
Tobacco Pipe Packing Methods - Part 1
Tobacco Pipe Packing Methods - Part 2 (With Videos)
Pipe Smoking Tips
There are a lot more articles and videos on the site. Spend some time perusing the site and reading. It should help you out a lot. Just don't get discouraged if it is not working out for you at first. It does take time, practice, and patience to learn how to properly enjoy pipe smoking. It is well worth the time and effort.
If you have any questions or need some help, just post in the forums and everyone here will try and help you out.
Welcome to the enjoyment of pipe smoking!

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Welcome Jship!
You are correct when you say that there is a lot of practice involved with pipe smoking. With that being said; check out my column here on PipesMagazine.com for quite a few articles and videos that are targeted for helping out beginners.
My column: With Pipe and Pen
Here are a few that should be especially helpful to you:
Tobacco Pipe Packing Methods - Part 1
Tobacco Pipe Packing Methods - Part 2 (With Videos)
Pipe Smoking Tips
There are a lot more articles and videos on the site. Spend some time perusing the site and reading. It should help you out a lot. Just don't get discouraged if it is not working out for you at first. It does take time, practice, and patience to learn how to properly enjoy pipe smoking. It is well worth the time and effort.
If you have any questions or need some help, just post in the forums and everyone here will try and help you out.
Welcome to the enjoyment of pipe smoking!

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Glad to have you Jship!
I know someone will say practice
How do you get to Carnegie Hall?

Practice... Practice.... Practice.

:)

Welcome to the fraternity.

We all look forward to you posts and pictures.

I definitely want to see your first pipe...

They are special....
Don't forget to accept those friendship requests.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome jship. As you see, we are a friendly bunch with lota of info for the new and old puffer. Jump in with any posts or pics or any other question you may have.

eagleten1

Lurker
Oct 19, 2010
Hello,I am a "new" member and have been smoking pipes since 1958 or 59(started as a child)Seriously,I enjoy a pipe as it is a mode of relaxation like no other except the pipe with a snifter of Hennessey.I do not use "drug store" tobacco or pipes I try my best NOT to be a pipe snob.Will look forward to discussions.."may the road be kind to ye"

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome eagleten1. Like pstlpkr says, jump right in. We are a friendly and informative bunch here.

themadride

Lurker
Oct 22, 2010
Bought my first pipe last night and smoking my first bowl today.
I've been smoking cigars for about ten years, but I think I'm going to enjoy pipe smoking even more.
I hail from South Carolina, but I don't particularly like the place so I try to roam around as much as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.