Welcome New Members. Introduce Yourself. (2)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

18 Fresh Estate Pipes
35 Fresh AKB Meerschaum Pipes
6 Fresh Radice Pipes
12 Fresh Rossi Pipes
3 Fresh Alex Florov Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

laearl

Lurker
Oct 12, 2010
Lower Alabama
Howdy. I've been lurking for some time and decided to register. Seems like a good crowd. I'm from the southeast corner of Alabama bordering FL and GA about 15 minutes form each approximatly.
I began smoking pipes back in '95 while living in Boca Raton never got into it much and gave it up. I've been smoking cigars for the past several years then decided to look into pipes once again and have been finding lots of wonderful blends as opposed to before. Lots on information as well which has helped me begin to relly enjoy the pipe.
I am on a VA flake trip currently. I initally thought English blends were going to be for me but after smoking several bowls of Star of the East flake, I haven't been able to get close enough to Latakia to grow a better appreciation lol
Anyhoo, glad to be here :)

menckenite

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
Welcome laearl!
We have a similar pipe-to-cigar and back to pipe history. As well as an appreciation of Latakia but currently on a VA flake fling. I have not tried Star of the East (I'll check it out) but can recommend Samuel Gawith's Full Virginia Flake if you can find it.
Glad to have you here.
William

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome Laearl,

I am assuming that you are an Aubrun Fan.

To that end I have to say WAR EAGLE!

We're glad to have you, and look forward to your posts and pictures.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I want to welcome Nestore to Pipesmagazine.com.

He has the dubious distinction of being my 700th friend.
Thanks Nestore!
We all look forward to your posts and pictures.

laearl

Lurker
Oct 12, 2010
Lower Alabama
Thanks for the welcome all!
pstlpkr, I hate to say it but I am indifferent to sports, certainly the Auburn vs. UA thing /gag So tiring to a transplant like myself (sorry to step on any toes) My wife is an ardent LSU fan though if that makes you happy :D
I deduce that you are a handgun fan and that is one thing I do enjoy but have gotten away from as my time gets eaten away by other commitments.
I will post some pics of a few of my pipes and my Dog too :)
Again, thanks for the big welcome and all the friend invites. It really means alot!

philblum

Lurker
Oct 15, 2010
Hi there
Pipe smoker from Switzerland says hello. I had my first pipe 3 years ago but became I passionate pipe smoker only 14 months ago. I smoke 2 pipes a day (which is a lot for a former nonsmoker), like aromatics and love to smoke my Petersons (but have others to of course). I became quite fond of flakes. Smoking Pipes for me is relaxing as nothing else. Here's an hour I am doing nothing else than reading and smoking. Finally time for me.
I am a film and film music critic, love wines from the south of France, love the Provence, football (soccer that is) I am addicted to, love music, watching films, playing drums, militaria, have 2 dogs and in the winter like to go cross skiing.
Phil

acyv

Lurker
Oct 15, 2010
Hello to everyone here, I'm participating from Istanbul/Turkey. I'm smoking pipe almost for 8 years. That's all for the time being :)

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome to Phil, and all the other new members over the last few days.
It's really great when our brothers and sisters from around the world join our ranks.

We all look forward to your pictures and posts.
We're pleased to have you all in the fraternity.

That's English for the more correct "Southern English" All Y'all.

menckenite

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
Lawrence,
I prefer the less formal Southern Y'all because All Y'all seems redundant. As in; "We're pleased to have y'all in the fraternity."
Regards Y'all!

Status
Not open for further replies.