PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Product bans always lead to increased criminal activity, and always end up making criminals out of otherwise law-abiding people.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Product bans always lead to increased criminal activity, and always end up making criminals out of otherwise law-abiding people.
True. The problem is, no one cares until their product is banned.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
And what is the purpose of banning the sale of flavored tobacco products,can't get the picture here?Similarly why on the earth these warning labels should cover now more than %60 of retailing package surface area,did they come up with this rule thinking that todays people vision has deteriorated to a degree that these increased in size warning labels and pictures were so indispensable,?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Like with ISIS and North Korea, NATO has to get into defending against flavored tobacco. If this isn't a hallucination, it should be.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
...until their product is banned
First they came for Flavored tobacco, and I did not speak out—

Because I did not smoke Flavored tobacco.
Then they came for the Shag tobacco, and I did not speak out—

Because I did not smoke Shag cut tobacco.
Then they came for the Lakelands, and I did not speak out—

Because I did not smoke Lakelands.
Then they came for the Black Frigate—and there was no one left to speak for Black Frigate...
:crying: :crying:

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
My doctor says any form of using tobacco is damaging if not lethal. My reading tells me that there is worldwide agreement about this. Antis intend to wipe out tobacco.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
First they came for Flavored tobacco, and I did not speak out—

Because I did not smoke Flavored tobacco.......
....Then they came for the Black Frigate—and there was no one left to speak for Black Frigate...
When in the course of Pirate events, on this, our Patriot Day

We find ourselves beset by the hordes that come to take our cake away

Essential it is to load up the cask with powder and shot and grit

Then loosen the moorings securing the Frigate and to her resolve recommit
There's nary a harbor secure from the congress that gathers like gales on the sea

The greedy, self righteous and murderous vermin intent to subdue you and me

Surrender your briars and toss down your pouches and back to the plow and the yoke

Or brandish your blades and through their blood wade attacking the beasts 'till they croak
Gather your will and pick up your quill and give them a piece of your mind

And leave them no doubt that you are about to back up those words with behind

For freedom is earned, not given away and you owe a debt to your tots

To keep still afloat this stately old boat your fore-bearers paid for with guts.
jay-roger.jpg

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
Someone remind me why it matters what goes on in San Francisco. Or, for that matter, anywhere in California. I realize that those fools cause the rest of us lots of problems (gasoline, diesel, drugs, etc) but San Francisco? Sigh...

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
[The problem is health insurance. Once we're paying for the treatment of others, we have the right to restrict them in eating fatty foods, smoking and other "scientific" top causes of death.]
Correct. But the solution is having the health insurance premiums adjusted accordingly. So for example if you are overweight and do not loose weight it is right to raise your premium, and if you smoke you should have your premium raised or having a tax on tobacco to specifically address the health issue (which I would prefer as it would be proportional to the amount of tobacco which everyone is using).

I suspect however for the most part this has nothing to do with health concern but more with social engineering and control of the society. Otherwise I would not understand why the people who are against tobacco are in large part the same for legalization of marijuana and other drugs which have medical and social effects far worse than tobacco.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Then they came for the Black Frigate—and there was no one left to speak for Black Frigate...
Come what may, there's enough Black Frigate in my cellar to last the rest of my days.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
+1 for 64alex, you couln't be more right with this your assumption, moreover we who are living within European union, are way more pressed by tobacco haters and law makers than anybody within the States,(Canada excluded) but can't those lawmakers and Anti T folks understand that tobacco been around for hundreds of years,and by this day never got wanished away,so why the hell overcomplicating this,in the end,this battle' against the use of tobacco products is simply waist of time and our taxepayers money.'Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday'

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Dammit! Now Stan is going to buy all the Black Frigate!! Share, man. Share the wealth. Puff puff give, if you will...
:rofl:

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
[+1 for 64alex, you couln't be more right with this your assumption, moreover we who are living within European union, are way more pressed by tobacco haters and law makers than anybody within the States,(Canada excluded) but can't those lawmakers and Anti T folks understand that tobacco been around for hundreds of years,and by this day never got wanished away,so why the hell overcomplicating this,in the end,this battle' against the use of tobacco products is simply waist of time and our taxepayers money.'Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday']
I live in USA but I am from Europe and actually I am here for a couple of weeks back home vacation, so I have an understanding of both sides. I think the issues are different in the two sides. In Europe I see more of a way to raise tax revenue more than social engineering. As a matter of fact I don't see anything coming close to the craziness of the USA like banning smoking in an apartment even if you own it which is totally absurd. At the very end rules could be tight but the enforcement is not that much tight, there is more tolerance.

In the USA I see much less tax revenue related and much more social engineering related which drives me crazy. The USA was supposed to be the country of freedom and is now tilting more and more toward overregulation and socialization. I see in many other sectors where the USA was at the front end and now it is at the back end due to the overregulation. What is even making worse for me is that I am in California which is the worse of all the States in this regard.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
"But the solution is having the health insurance premiums adjusted accordingly."
Sadly shaking my head. When are we finally going to realize that "health care" and "health insurance" are two very, very different things, and that health insurance is the very reason for grossly inflated health care costs?

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"like banning smoking in an apartment even if you own it which is totally absurd."
Alex, is this true? If so then that is truly bizarre. Besides, how would anyone know?
Regards,
Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.