PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Aye... There once was a lad named noom, who dropped his pipe in a bathroom, he said with a grin, while wiping his chin.... "I must buy a new pipe real soon" :wink:

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
Reminded me of an Elvis joke I heard.
Q. What did Elvis do when he dropped his guitar in the toliet?
A. He got it out and picked the s#!t out of it.

Aug 1, 2012
You could always get one of these and then the pipe and toilet would be one. :)
eck15.gif

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I don't know, but if you're trying to drum up business for the estate pipes market, you're doing it wrong.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Whew, this is a hard read. Pass the stool softener. If that experience didn't expand his vocabulary of expletives, he has the soul of a saint. An eight-year-old post. The music is gone but the melody lingers on. Reminds me of an old joke about the puppy who writes home to his mom after being adopted by a new family. "You wouldn't believe what they do in my water bowl!"

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
For 7 years this thread has been the gift that keeps giving. If there were a Pipesmagazine forum hall of fame this one would need consideration.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
To backtrack, the bacterial/viral profile is what's of concern here (he said, pretending to be scientific). I have heard or read that the bacteria around a kitchen sink is often more hazardous than that in a toilet, more variety and more hazards. The public toilet in a bar makes this more hazardous, with more people contributing a wider array of bacteria and viruses, and in a bar, not just feces but also vomit and who knows what. So if ever a pipe needed an intense cleaning, all the way around, this one might. There's also the aesthetics of smoking a pipe associated in your mind with a public toilet. A lot of men would make a point of not caring about this, and showing themselves what tough old birds they are. For others, that pipe might just never taste the same, no matter how it is cleaned. If it was one of my treasured pipes, I might clean it throughly, and then clean it thoroughly again. If it were more ordinary, I might send it to the trash. I wouldn't sell it, gift it, or donate it, if it wasn't something I'd smoke, even knowing others would. A pipe owner should have the choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.