PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

5star

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
Ahhhh . . . I wonder how many estate pipes listed on eBay ended up there for this very reason

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I would probably leave it sitting out on a Friday afternoon for my maid to clean when she comes over :puffy:

ernieq

Might Stick Around
Aug 9, 2018
For some reason this thread reminds me of a phone call I got from a very concerned woman at the shop many years ago-
Caller: Will water hurt pipes?

ME: How do you mean?

CALLER: Well I'm an alcoholic...and I drank my husband's pipe cleaning solution. I filled it back up with water so he wouldn't notice. Will it hurt the pipe?

ME: The pipe'll probably be fine, but I'd get to a meeting if I were you.
Honest to god.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Oh, so long ago. Oh, so many posters gone. Oh, what a crap thread. Oh, why did I resurrect this?
John,
You know why you resurrected this thread. You resurrected it so that you could write, "Oh what a crap thread."
This does seem to be an extreme method for coloring a meerschaum.
This also reminds me of a moment from my illustrious career. I was painting backgrounds for Osmosis Jones. Some artists got Frank's brain. Others got Frank's heart or arteries. I got Frank's kidneys, intestines and his colon. Frank's colon was laid out as a huge cavern with a steaming brown lake in the middle of it. At the approval session, Tom Sito, who was co-directing the film, looked at my painting and said, "Jesse, that painting looks like a pile of shit!" Then he smiled and added, "And that's a good thing!"

Status
Not open for further replies.