PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

hoipolloiglasgow

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 14, 2023
United States
Has anyone had the 2023 Skiff? I can't say I'm disappointed, but it is kind of bitey. That's a let down as I really enjoy the flavor. It's one of the best tasting Oriental forward blends. Anyone else experience this? Hopefully it's just me.

Last edited:

Dave760

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2023
Pittsburgh, PA
Wilke rum cake is the only tobacco that I've dumped out in the back yard. My dog rolled on it. I hope I never accidentally buy the Jamaican rum that they use.
THIS! I placed an order for a few different blends back when Carol was still making the Wilke blends, and on a whim I threw in a couple of ounces of Rum Cake. It was awful.

After dumping the first bowl less than a minute in, I tried everything I could to rescue the tobacco. I added burley. I mixed in small amounts of Rum Cake with other aromatics. No matter what I did I just couldn't come to terms with this stuff. It is the one and only non-moldy tobacco I ever threw into the trash.

Reactions: gastro and Tate

aztecbull

Might Stick Around
Aug 31, 2023
Erinmore flake for me. Comparing with other well known blends which have been around for awhile like the Dunhill falke, Escudo, Capstan etc which I like them all. The Erinmore is just a disappointment to me.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
aside from the Amphora Red and in a degree Swedish Hamiltons Blanding all other OTC stuff here in Finland are pure waste of money, hardly smokable,sandly enough,yet there were two descent Mc Barens products available, Symphony and Golden extra supply of which were recently stopped.Also there were wide range of S&G at specialty stores but as of now these also are no existent, due to supply problems.

dunnyboy

Lifer
Jul 6, 2018
New York
Manil Tabac de la Semois: Le Petit Robin. I really wanted to like this stuff but it just doesn't want to be liked—by me anyway.

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
Manil Tabac de la Semois: Le Petit Robin. I really wanted to like this stuff but it just doesn't want to be liked—by me anyway.
The different cuts are distinctly different, the largest cut seems to offer the most obvious woody floral flavor. YMMV but that one is a stand out the others though different are more so-so.

Reactions: dunnyboy

Green Hill piper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 1, 2023
I would gladly trade for OGS. It's my go to everyday blend. Never had a bad bowl. Funny how everyone's tastes are different. Different chemical makeup I guess?

Reactions: LongIslandPiper

Briarcutter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 17, 2023
U.S.A.
Pretty much all the reintroduced blends that were once made in the UK. The only resemblance of most to the original is the name. Three Nuns and St. Bruno come to mind but the list goes on.

Last edited: