PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

rsshreck32

Lifer
Aug 1, 2023
Western PA
I’ve not yet dabbled in Italians. The only one I have is a pocket pipe that is only marked “Rolex” over “Italy”. I’ve only smoked it a couple times.View attachment 256165

I have been eyeballing Sav 114/Rossi 8114 after hearing how well they seem to smoke.
Recent events have adjusted budget so I’ll be eyeballing for a while.
I have a Rossi Notte 8114, it's a great pipe and provides a nice, long smoke. And the price is hard to beat for such a nice pipe.

Mike N

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 3, 2023
And here are a few from the Paronelli and Santambrogio clans…the Olive red stem in the middle is a Moretti.

(tap on photo to enlarge)

Attachments

• IMG_0128.jpeg
    IMG_0128.jpeg
    156.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
I have a Rossi Notte 8114, it's a great pipe and provides a nice, long smoke. And the price is hard to beat for such a nice pipe.
I love the Rossi Vittoria line so cheap but so good if I ever see one as an estate I'd grab it but I wonder if SP would even bother listing them as they were so cheap to begin with or for that matter why anyone would ever get rid of one, great smokers.

Mike N

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 3, 2023
For my money, Stefano Santambrogio’s pipes are the most design bang for the buck.

Attachments

• IMG_0165.jpeg
    IMG_0165.jpeg
    158.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
There are definitely a lot of great Italian carvers out there.

Cavicchi and Castello are on my radar next to purchase. The Italians make great pipes.

Pipedia has a pretty extensive list, not sure if it’s covering everyone, and gets updated regularly.

In the 80s I had a Savinelli.

Two years ago I had this Posella Brandy I bought at LePipe.it I sold.

View attachment 256110

Also two years ago, again bought from LePipe.it, I had this Passcucci Lovat I sold.

View attachment 256111
And now I own both of these lovely pipes that I bought from you and I absolutely love them! 😃

• Love
Reactions: PipeIT

elvishrunes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 19, 2017
Italians make some fine pipes, and food too…. Ardor has my eye the most, impressive pipes, as well as Radice, some day for the collection but no rush now, I have lots of good smoking pipes.

For factory pipes it’s hard to top Savinelli, so many shapes and styles and designs. Rossi the Sav discount line has some steals too, and I believe Savinelli now makes Brigham too since they moved production from Canada to Italy, there are some good buys there too.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
And now I own both of these lovely pipes that I bought from you and I absolutely love them! 😃

I forgot who I sold them to... LOL 😆

I’ve been looking for another Posella and Pascucci to replace. I jumped the gun to fast when I sold these, had a momentary lapse of PAD. LOL 😆

I actually just sent an email to Mr. Pascucci, inquiring if he’d make me a commission on the same rusticated Lovat I sold you.

He showed me these two he has for sale.

322BABFF-76BC-4F51-A0CE-EE3648AA52FF.jpeg

I’m glad to hear they are working out for you! ❤️

By the way, both pipes with pics and specs are still on LePipe.it, if you want any of these pics, or the specs.

Last edited:

Sir Yak

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 15, 2022
Arkansas
There are definitely a lot of great Italian carvers out there.

Cavicchi and Castello are on my radar next to purchase. The Italians make great pipes.

Pipedia has a pretty extensive list, not sure if it’s covering everyone, and gets updated regularly.

In the 80s I had a Savinelli.

Two years ago I had this Posella Brandy I bought at LePipe.it I sold.

View attachment 256110

Also two years ago, again bought from LePipe.it, I had this Passcucci Lovat I sold.

View attachment 256111

Now at present, I only have these two Radice.

Radice Rind Straight

View attachment 256113

Radice Clear Bent Dublin made with Baldo Baldi briar aged over 20 years.

View attachment 256115

These are all the Italians I’ve owned to date...
Love that Radice Rind

• Love
Reactions: PipeIT