PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
This is the second half of a series celebrating fishnbanjo and his amazing collection of pipes.

April 2016

"Having some Orlik Golden Slices in the MM Twain with 6 3/4" Tortoise Forever Stem."

Diamond shank Bulldog with horn stem by Kaj Nielson

"Here is a little Opera style pipe I picked up. It is a corn cob coated what may be some type of Bakelite which ends up being bonded to the cob bowl to extend into being the shank. The stem is made of Ebonite, there are no markings, stampings or anything that would indicate who made it."

"Enjoying some Luxury Navy Flake in the Kai Nielson so called Bulldog with diamond shank and horn stem, I call it the Bullcap Dublin."

May 2016

The first "keep it smokey" post.

"Having some 9 y/o Peter Heinrich's Special Virginia in the 7 y/o MM Diplomat with plum Forever Stem, just beating out the incoming rain. Keep it smokey."

"Smoking Luxury Navy Flake in the Basil Meadows canted Billiard, coloring nicely, stem looks and feels like horm but it isn't."

"Leaving my Cancer Support Group meeting with a few minutes to sneak in some St. Bruno in the MM Diplomat with plum Forever Stem, keep it smokey."

"...now I'm truly enjoying some Mac Baren Dark Twist Roll Cake from a tin cellared in 1977, to smoke this 39 y/o taste sensation I chose the Ozgur MeerCob. Keeping it smokey!"

"Managed to get 3 coins of the 39 y/o Mac Baren Dark Twist Roll Cake rolled into a football and stuffed into the Shaw Pipe Cob, mmmm baby, keeping it deliciously smokey, happy Saturday pipers."

"I finally decided it was time to put fire to this lovely executed canted Boxwood capped Bulldog with long diamond shank. The pipe is from the capable hand of Italian pipe maker Mimmo Provenzano from the Puglia region of Italy where my family is from. I loaded it with St. Bruno Flake and it smokes great."

Last edited:

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
"...I loaded up the Jerry Zenn reverse calabash Nosewarmer with Buddha Bamboo with Dunhill Flake and it is smoking with gusto and definitely keeping it smokey, cheers."

Jose Rubio's Dragon Scale finish pipes in a Rhodesian shape with smooth cap

"It's raw, overcast and very windy and I'm under the weather. Whenever I don't feel right I like to add a little whimsy to my smoke and the Benner tortured sitter is just the ticket filled with Dunhill Flake, keep it smokey."

"Damn wind blew my hat off! Smoking Luxury Navy Flake in the MM Twain with 6 3/4" Tortoise Forever Stem definitely keeping it smokey."

"Today I broke out two of my more than 70 y/o...cobs. The first is from Irwin S. Cobb and it has a black decal with yellow, wooden insert at bottom of the bowl and bent amber colored plastic stem. The shank is diamond shaped made from wood but imprinted to appear to be from a cob, the metal cap is chrome plated and some rust appears on it, I am smoking Luxury Navy Flake in it, I only take these out when humidity is perfect, little to no wind and I have time to enjoy them.
The second is from Missouri Meerschaum and the decal is yellow with black script, the model is Radio printed in red. The bottom is wooden plugged, the shank is diamond shaped but it is from a cob, the metal cap appears to be NS, the stem is heavy grade amber colored plastic with an aluminum tenon, I am smoking Luxury Navy Flake in it as well. Cheers and keep it smokey!"

"Enjoying some...VA/Bur mix in the Santia bamboo shanked cob. Keeping it smokey."

Reactions: hawky454 and seldom

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
"I have been asked on many occasions to post photos of my pipe collect, no easy feat I must say. I have decided I can at l at least post my cobs, cheers."

2* Ferndown/Parks Premier Bulldog. The bowl was turned by Les and rusticated by Michael Parks. Les added his signature shank cap and a lovely cap atop this diamond shank dawg.

"There I was minding my business when of a sudden this quaint Kevin Arthur rusticated Lovat Nosewarmer jumped into my cart on Etsy, ah C'est lavie!"

Cob Pen

"Can't wait to see what this beauty by Yiannos Kokkinos will look like once it takes on some coloring."

"I filled the Roush with the 39 y/o Mac Baren Dark Twist Roll Cake with a splendid cuppa Guatemala San Antonio strong and black for company. Keeping it smokey!"

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Sam Adebayo pipe

"Today with the weather being dismal and making one needing a reason to smile I grabbed Sam's creation and filled it with the 39 y/o Mac Bare Dark Twist Roll Cake (God I'm going to miss that when it's gone!) and filled it.
It smokes like a dream and managed to take my mind off everything save how sublime the tobacco was and how wonderfully the pipe smoked. Definitely keeping it smokey.

"I was putzing along hither and yon on the web when a pipe listed as a banjo shape appeared. Not quite a Bulldog, nor a Rhodesian, shape but more or less banjo shaped...

The maker of the pipe was Poul Winslow and the price was less than 1 Ulysses S Grant, heck anyone with the moniker banjo has to have a banjo shape pipe in his quiver so by next week I will, I can feel the dismal weight leaving my shoulders. :D Happy Puffing.

"...Blowfish by Former filled with Wessex Campaign, keep it smokey."

"Having a special smoke of the 39 y/o Mac Baren Dark Twist Roll Cake in my Anne Julie straight grain in honor of a friends 67th birthday."

June 2016

"Well my vintage MM Cob came and I'm not really sure what the shape is, it's a reasonably large bowl and is certainly topped somewhat like a Bullcap but the body is tapered. It has a diamond faux corn cob shank and very dense amber colored stem which is also diamond shaped with a thick oval button, a really wonderful smoker, as if that was ever going to be a doubt, keep it smokey!

Mastro de Paja 3B grade pipe

"Now enjoying some Dunhill Flake in a pipe I fell head over heels for when I first saw it. It's an egg shape with the top looking like a freshly made soft boiled egg would be if you took time to crack it just right. The finish is almost like thousands of tiny diamonds that actually shimmer in the right light. Made by Kostas Gourvelos of Greece."

"Tom Eltang Poker with some Shortcut to Mushrooms....Keep it smokey."

Bill Shalosky Egg Churchwarden with bamboo shank

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
"Having the last of this pouch of St. Bruno in the late Paulo Becker 2 Clover smooth capped canted Rhodesian with rusticated body, horn accent and military style stem, keeping it smokey."

"On this date, 11 years ago, I made the drive to Dog Orphans, on the shore of Lake Chaubunagungamaug in MA to adopt my best buddy Levi. Happy Anniversary, it's been a wonderful 11 years!"

"I post quite often about smoking my MM Diplomat with Plum Forever Stem and whatever tobacco I've chosen.
What many don't know is through the course of a year I smoke that pipe 4 times a day.
Given the pipe is 8 y/o it has been smoked more than 10,000 times, had the original stem replaced with another original MM stem and when that one needed to be replaced I bought the Forever Stem.
Yes, sir those corn cob pipes are just throwaway pipes! Keeping it smokey."

"Mastro de Paja One Sun 3b Bullcap filled with some Pipe Works & Wilke Bleeker Street.
Well it may be chilly with rain on the horizon but the Mastro is proving to be a great smoker and no problems keeping it smokey. :"

"Having some of the latest Mac Baren Dark Twist Roll Cake in the Bill Shalosky Rusticated Egg with long bamboo shank and amber like stem Churchwarden, damn I feel wizardly! Definitely keeping it smokey."

"Popped open my jar of 5 y/o sugar crystal flecked Stonehaven to give the two tone Dragon Scale Rhodesian with smooth top and fishtail stem by Spanish pipe maker Jose Rubio its baptism, mmmm definitely the right choice, keep it smokey."

"Smoking my hand blend I call 50/50 in my new Charred Hillbilly by Daniel Halton Billings great smoker! Keep it smokey."

"Seems only fitting that the introduction of the pimped out Charred Hillbilly Peacekeeper meant being properly attired so I'm sporting the Stetson El Patron 30x beaver. The sheriff says "If'n you wants to stay round these parts pardner you has to keep it smokey!"

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
T. Spanu Cork with original bag and box

"MM Cob (can never remember what model this is) with an 8 1/2" long black Forever Stem filled with my 50/50 batch, keeping it smokey!"

"...5 y/o sugar flecked Gawith-Hoggarth Dark Flake. It took 3 flakes, 2 1/2 folded, rolled and stuffed and the final 1/2 flake rubbed out for topping all placed in the Cork covered bent by the late Italian pipe maker Tomasso Spanu, Keep it smokey."

"First started smokings a pipe 1 year before this photo was taken."

"Often when you see a photo of a pipe that gives you the come hither and you reach with your wallet knowing you will enjoy looking at it, holding it and having the pleasure of smoking it and finding a tobacco that makes it sing.
Well the glorious crystal laden hunk of beautiful Cyprian Olivewood arrived replete with its custom wooden case and hand painted interior top cover by pipe maker Yiannos Kokkinos and while it looked large in the photo how large was truly lost to me until I saw it with my own eyes.
Many of you know I favor smaller bowled pipes, generally group 3 and smaller, but this breaks that rule. To look at it you get the feeling it would weigh in at lbs and not ozs. While I did not weigh it on my digital scale I will at some point but you need to know it feels featherlight and the stem is not only comfortable it fills the void of my minor overbite to a tee since I don't clench but prefer to allow the pipe to hang in the void.
All the different pipe materials have a liking to certain tobacco's and Olivewood is no exception. Having just revisited this tobacco from one of my cellar drawers recently I felt it would be the perfect tobacco to baptize this pipe with and that is Peretti No. 8 Slice (Flake).
The tobacco is a lovely mottled crumble with Virginia, Perique and Burley being the main characters topped with some cocoa. I can tell you right now the choir has me in its grasp along with the Pink Cloud I may be in danger of floating away in heavenly smokiness, most certainly keeping it smokey, cheers.

"Will Purdy Tadpole with Cumberland Stem filled with Dunhill Flake...
To all of my pipesters out there, keep it smokey."

" This is a pencil shanked Poker from Ascorti filled with 50 y/o Three Nuns, keep it smokey!"

"Having some Mississippi Mud in the Peterson Rosslare bent. Keeping it smokey!"

"Bleeker Street in the Rad Davis commission Squashed Canted Morta Tomato with black bamboo shank and Tortoise Shell Stem. Keep it smokey!"

"OGS loaded in the Radice Select Grain faux Cavalier with faux bamboo shank and extension. In any event, keep it smokey."

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
"I went back to the cob with a blend sent to me by a damn fine mixologist of tobacco, the Rockin' Rock Cob King himself, rekemepip or John Barrett, he calls this Coon Hound Flake and it was a mighty fine smoke in the MM Diplomat with Plum Forever Stem whilst grilling."

"Comoy Blue Riband filled with Dunhill Flake...Keep it smokey."

"I chose OGS to fill this beautiful billiard by Walt Cannoy. His suede finish is nothing short of stupendous and the striking color of the stummel against the white accent and stem (military stem system) coupled with the most comfortable fishtail anyone could want and you have a 5 star wonder, keep it smokey."

"Hey look, banjo's smoking a fish! The Bamboo Fish to be exact by pipe maker Ted Bihlmaier.
It will be awhile before this hunk of Vergin briar colors but it will be fantastic when it does. Helping it get there is some recent production Mac Baren Dark Twist Roll Cake, shh the 39 y/o stuff is sleeping! Keep it smokey."

OGS in the MM Diplomat with Plum Forever Stem

"I purchased this Becker pipe from the gentleman Paulo Becker originally made it for. I can't truly say if it is a small smashed and canted Tomato or a short shank canted Prince, either way it's gorgeous and smokes even better than it looks.
The bowl was light, not quite a Vergin but lighter than I've seen from Paulo, the silver hallmarked band and horn stem are as the original owner requested. Turns out he was a clencher and very nervous of clenching this pipe that after only two smokes he offered it up for sale and I snatched it faster than a chicken on a June bug, it is taking on color nicely as I am smoking OGS in it while keeping it smokey."

"Had planned on having some Bob's Chocolate Flake in this pipe when I noticed I had left some OGS out so I figured since it was perfectly ready to smoke I'd just fill it up.
From the capable hand of Chris Askwith, obviously steady as well considering the length of the shank on this pipe, comes this outrageously beautiful almost 10" long Morta Cutty with Maple Syrup Stem. Keeping it smokey."

"Today was a beautiful day and I've had a craving for some Bob's Chocolate Flake all day. I took enough out to fill two of my cobs, one by Daniel Halton Billings with bamboo shank and the other the Limited Edition Reverse Calabash #122 which I pimped out with a classy Danish stem. Both are sitting in front of the humidor where the tobacco lives and whichever one I choose the other will be placed in the humidor for tomorrow evening. Looking forward to it."

"Daniel Halton Billings Cob I filled with Bob's Chocolate Flake... Keeping it smokey."

"Having some Condor Long Cut in the MM Monogram, keeping it smokey."

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
" Having some Condor Long Cut in the paneled Volcano by Manduela, keeping it smokey."

"Well I enjoyed some 2 year plus old Condor Long Cut in the nekkid Wally Frank Royal Cob with semi diamond shank and amber stem after dinner, keeping it smokey."

July 2016

"...Kaywoodie with metal shank with a nice cross grained bowl with birdseye, having some Wessex Brown Virginia Flake keeping ahead of the weather. Keep it smokey!"

"Smoking one of Riccardo Santia's latest nekkid double something or other, I'll be damned if I can remember what he calls it, Wessex Brown Virginia Flake keeping it smokey. Cheers."

Once again I'm smoking my favorite four seasons flake, Wessex Brown Virginia Flake...The pipe I have chosen came from the estate of Alfred Dunhill's, founder of Dunhill, grandson Richard Dunhill, it is a group 2 Shell Briar, very craggy and along with the nomenclature one would find on a Dunhill pipe there is also a C stamping on it indicating it was a company complimentary pipe, keep it smokey."

"Here is a pipe only a dyed in the wool hardcore bamboo fly fishing fanatic would even know who the maker is and not because of the pipe but because of his beautiful bamboo fly rods.
I call this pipe my Poker Chip Stack, the briar is left over from reel seat material, the nickel silver accents left over from hardware for the rods and he even went to the trouble of using his 60 degree cutter to glue in leftover bamboo strips 120 degrees apart to emulate a hexagon, the amateur pipe maker is German rod maker, artist and fly fishing author Rolf Baginski.
He generally makes enough pipes to cover the fly fishing shows he will attend and it took 2 years and 4 shows before I could nab this one, smoking some Condor Long Cut and keeping it smokey!"

Peter Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake in a Ichi Kitahara bamboo shank pipe

"From the creative mind of Yves Bäcksteiner, Ygreck Pipes, comes this pipe he calls the Headless Armadillo with black bamboo shank, just a tad over 1 1/2 flakes of PS LTF to get this bad boy to keep smokey!"

"Today I have The Machine II this one comes fro Frank Axmacher and is sort of a pinched Pick Axe with a bent mottled bamboo shank, and yes it passes a cleaner straight through with nary a twist needed. Add to the fact one could get lost in the blast would be an understatement, here it is doing a fine job of keeping it smokey."

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
"A delightful billiard with a bamboo shank, enjoying some PS LTF in it while keeping it smokey."

Comoy's Blue Riband in a Prince shape

"Don't even ask if this is all of the real bamboo shanks I own, it is not. There are others upstairs that would not fit in the photo, none of my cobs or rock cobs are included nor anything on the way, enjoy while I pick one to keep smokey. Cheers."

"Still liking Wessex Brown Virginia Flake so I grabbed this gnarly old Cutty shape by some guy named JT Cooke. Keeping it smokey."

"I filled the Altinok-Davorin collaboration Calabash (the gourd portion and stem were made by Davorin using 8500 y/o Morta and the intricate Meerschaum bowl was made by Altinok) with 965 and keeping it smokey."

"Condor Long Cut in a Morta bowl capped with Masur Birch a blasted Meerschaum body with Masur Birch accent made by Trever Talbert, keeping it smokey in between drizzly periods."

"I picked up this briar body Calabash with briar bowl capped with Masur Birch made by Maigurs Knets, it is packed with a tobacco blended by a friend and I call it Cracker Jack... Definitely enjoying this smoke and keeping it smokey!"

"From JSG Pipes (Jan Szymon Golowasz maker) comes this lovely Mermaid with bamboo shank smoking some Cracker Jack which I'm trying to keep smokey but thunder claps and lightning near by may bear some truth in the legend of Banshees!"

"Getting in a quick smoke in the Eltang Vergin Cutty smoking Cracker Jack which is unusual for this pipe as I've only smoked flakes in it until today, doing a great job of keeping it smokey."

"Made during WW II it has the Canadian patent and from what I was able to find out was the Canadian patented Dunhill's were made by Blatter & Blatter. Keeping it smokey filled with Condor Long Cut."

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
"Something a little out of the ordinary coming from JT Cooke is this smooth, slant bottomed tankard with military style stem. Have it filled with the last of this tin of Dunhill Flake, keeping it smokey."

The JT Cooke collection

"Here I am enjoying some Bleeker Street in my Poul Ilsted pipe, keeping it smokey."

"Though he marks his pipes Tarok his name is Christian Wolfsteiner from Germany. The pipe is called the Wild rose with bamboo shank keeping it smokey with some Condor Long Cut."

"Received my Goblin Author with horn stem by Trever Talbert today and it immediately said "feed me!". So I obliging gave it the bird, Condor Long Cut that is, keeping it smokey."

"I'm currently enjoying some Condor Long Cut in the Stephen Downie Coppermine series, a beautiful plateau topped freehand Dublin shape with a canted bottom. The accents are black at the end with a copper band and coppery colored stem, keeping it smokey."

"I must say this little Prince by Orlik looks splendid.
Being down to dregs of the packet of 2 y/o Condor Long Cut I got almost a full bowls worth and am now keeping it smokey."

Trever Talbert

"Held back on the exhale in order for the beauty of this Nate King Olivewood to shine. ...Filled with some 12y/o F&T Virginia Cut Plug. Took 1 1/2 of those beautiful mahogany, orange and lemon colored flakes and out the door we went. While it isn't showing in the photo it can,definitely keep it smokey!"

"Roger Wallenstein Batfish. This is one of the favorite Nosewarmers in my collection, the only thing I have to be careful with is not lighting my nose but once I have it lit there isn't a more solid smoker since I just face away from the wind and allow the venturi effect work as it goes around my head and past the pipe.
Smoking some of the 12 y/o F&T Cut Virginia Plug I opened yesterday, the flavor is very intense and the Wallenstein up to the task of keeping it smokey."

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
L&A Orlik Billiard with amber stem

"...the first Comoy I ever bought, a vintage 3 section C Sandblast Pot"

"Well before I smoke up all that tasty aged F&T Cut Virginia Plug I'm switching gears and filling the 101 y/o National Pipe Works Cob with some Cracker Jack, keeping it smokey."

"Outside working the grille while having a smoke of Germain's Special Latakia Flake in the little Rimkus Calabash, keeping it smokey in more ways than one!"

"Here is a Cherrywood shape by Missouri Meerschaum that was a prototype that was never put into production. The stem is the original to the pipe since the original fit poorly I substituted it with another MM stem, I like the look. Currently enjoying some Bengal Slices in it, keeping it smokey."

"The temptation got the better of me with the Dunhill Deadroot C-EE Pot sitting atop the 12 y/o F&T Cut Virginia Plug I couldn't take it any longer so I loaded it up and went out for a smoke. As you can tell by the billows of creamy smoke it's definitely keeping it smokey and it's smoking sublimely!"

"Ringling Canted Morta Pot, with horn stem, that comes from a white sand bog in Europe."

Lasse Skovgaard pipe

Early Dunhill Ring Grain Lovat

Reactions: p40warhawk

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
"I was smitten by yet another Il Duca creation, this freehand Dublin with amber colored stem with Spalted Tamarind stem adornment, it is a "B" - Barone - Sabbiata DDD Grade."

August 2016

"During my downtime I received my MM Cob Cigar...
Well I needed to try it so I rolled one flake of Dunhill flake which was too long. I then pulled it out and snipped off the extra with a tad bit more to allow me to top it with some rubbed out. Lit very well and am enjoying my first go around with it, keeping it smokey."

"Saw this really superbly done briar pipe with bamboo shank and Buddha bamboo insert to the bowl done by ST Kuo. This one is different than the original one I saw but it's all mine done as a commission."

"Serious bucket list pipe, anyone venture to guess at the maker? If it helps it was one of their personal smoking pipes. I'm psyched."
("...it is one of Bo Nordh's personal pipes." )

September 2016

"Found an Ardor too nice to pass up, it is a pot shape made to look like a cutty."

Last edited:

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
"On an old Meerschaum kick lately, these two have been paid for and one more being watched. "

"Having some Fribourg & Treyer Cut Blended Plug Flake in the ST Kuo Buddha collared bowl and bamboo shank."

"...modified MM Mark Twain with deer antler shank and dark, milk and white chocolate swirl stem filled with F&T Cut Blended Plug Flake is putting out."

Ser Jacopo Van Gogh Series Hawkbill

A Joel Shapiro Brandy Apple.

A Duncan Super Twist metal pipe.

A Lindbergh metal pipe.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
A JT Cooke Apple.

October 2016

"...an inaugural smoke in Bo Nordh's personal Apple shaped bowl with horn accent filled with one of the tobaccos he favored, Dunhill 965. A lovely smoke to pay homage to Bo, keep it smokey!"

"I decided to get some sun and have a smoke in the craggy JT Cooke, while I generally don't clench I found I had no choice with this Cooke, not the end of the world it took a bit finding a comfortable position. I'm smoking it with some F&T Cut Blended Plug, delicious! Keep it smokey!"

"Picked up a three part C Comoy Blue Riband Globe shape bowl with square shank #532, just love Blue Riband Comoy pipes."

"Have always been intrigued by the Hawkbill shape but found them too large for my taste and on the heavy side made for a clencher. When I saw this Ser Jacopo Van Gogh series Hawkbill with hallmark silver band and J in the stem it was slightly larger than I like but the weight was great and it is a looker. Now that I own it I filled it with some F&T Cut Blended Plug and like every other Ser Jacopo I own it's a great smoker and has one of the nicest blasts I've seen on a Ser Jacopo, keep it smokey."

"Well I just purchased JT Cooke #7 a beautiful medium apple with Cumberland Stem and due to the effects of hurricane Matthew it will be more than a week getting to me but worth the wait,"

"
F&T Special Brown Flake...in the Ardor Urano Pot with Cutty nub and Army Mount stem, keeping it smokey!"

"Trying to piece together a Seven Day Calabash set this silver capped Astley will be #6 so one more to go."

December 2016

"For Christmas I decided to break out Bo Nordh's personal pipe filled with 10 y/o Hamburger Veermaster to wish everyone the best for the holidays, regards and peace."

January 2017

"For ringing in 2017 I once again broke out the 10y/o Hamburger Veermaster and filled up my Anne Julie pipe, Happy New Year everybody."

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
"To most today is simply Friday the 13th, but were he still be with us it would have been dad's 92th birthday.
I've chosen 2 flakes of PS Luxury Twist Flake to fill my S Bang pipe to smoke in his honor. In 12 days it will be the 10th anniversary of his passing when I will smoke some 10 y/o tobacco in one of my Becker pipes in remembrance."

A smooth Cutty by JT Cooke

Poker with horn style shaft by Kevin Arthur

"Straight grained elongated Kai Nielsen diamond shank with diamond shaped horn stem in VVVV grade filled with some Peter Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake, keeping it smokey."

February 2017

"I just picked up my second Wallenstein pipe, a neat Driftwood finish with horn style shank weighs only 26 grams."

March 2017

Ardor Rovera Art Pipe with bamboo shank

April 2017

Peter Heeschen Smooth Bent Egg with Silver

"Having the last of some Beacon in the MM Monogram whilst hunting bald eagles with the Nikon D3x and the 200 f/2 Nikon lens mounted on the Manfrotto 52 Pro tripod."

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
"Latest little acquisition is this Cutty style with military silver mount and amber look stem by Ardor."

May 2017

"As promised a shot of one of the eagles."

"So I took the Ardor silver spigot with amber look stem and loaded it with a tobacco I'd never smoked before Comoys Chenet's Cake."

"Having an urge for one of my favorite tobaccos by Esoterica, Tilbury, and fearing I won't finish before the rains come I pulled out one of my favorite Dunhill pipes, a group 2 Shell briar owned by the grandson of Alfred Dunhill, Sir Richard Dunhill."

"Definitely one of my most whimsical pipes by Trever Talbert is this sitting Cavalier Talbert fait en Bretagne."

"I loaded the Morta Blowfish with some aged Dunhill Dark Flake which gives a great flavor and wards off the chill."

"...grabbed the Askwith canted Volcano Morta with the white stem and loaded it with Chenet's Cake, lovely
smoke. Keep it smokey."

"5 knuckle dark bamboo bent egg Gabriele Dal Fiume Nautilus grade loaded with Dunhill Dark Flake."

"Having some 12 y/o Peterson Irish Flake in the Manduela rusticated bent Volcano panel."

Attachments

• 1568137721119.png
    1568137721119.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Nautilus by Marinko Neralic of Croatia

"Continuing our journey around the 16 pipe revolving rack is this lovely pipe by Smio Satou of Japan filled with Comoy Cask 7."

"VVVV Grade Kai Nielsen Rhodesian with diamond shank and diamond horn look stem filled with PS Luxury Navy Flake."

"Grade 9 S Bang with some Capstan Blue keeping it smokey."

"...a lovely horn, made by the late Fritz Becker the founder of the company that are some of my favorite pipes. Filled with Telegraph Hill and keeping it smokey."

"Now enjoying some Capstan Blue in the Eltang Vergin Cutty, keep it smokey."

"A pipe the maker, Benner, calls the Tortured Dublin and it's a sitter, keeping it smokey with some St. Bruno Flake."

"My beautiful little pipe by Anne Julie filled with Esoterica Pembroke, keeping it smokey."

"The state of ME is handing out Certificates of Appreciation for the 50th Anniversary of the escalation of the war in Vietnam for those who served there. While it will be a few months more before I went there 48 years ago it covers anyone who served from 1967-1975. Next Saturday the local American Legion in town is having a luncheon for the same reason. I plan on attending with my wife although at times it feels like many lifetimes ago or not all that long ago, it makes one stop and reflect nonetheless. Here is the certificate with coin up top."

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
"Today's pipe is by Peter Matzhold 5D Grade filled with Chenet's Cake keeping it smokey."

"I'm having a genteel smoke of Dunhill Dark Flake in the AA Grade Rainer Barbi bent egg, keeping it smokey."

"Next up off the rack is this Apple shape, sitting on a branch making it a sitter, by Baldo Baldi filled with Cask 7 to keep it smokey."

"This Prince is filled with PS Luxury Navy Flake and it was made by Sixten Ivarsson, really enjoying keeping it smokey."

"...a lovely E Grade Bulldog with diamond shank and matching diamond Cumberland Stem by Michael Lindner fill 1/2 and 1/2 with Cask 7 and PS Luxury Navy Flake to keep it smokey."

"If I didn't already smoke a pipe, seeing your pictures would make me start." -didimauw

"
With 12 years of aging this Esoterica Stonehaven is highly flecked with sugar crystals and is a lovely smoke fitting of the bamboo shanked billiard by Jess Chonowitch pipe, keeping it smokey."

"By Poul Ilsted is this lovely bent filled with Esoterica Pembroke keeping it smokey."

"Well we've reached the end of the rack but not my pipes. Filled with Capstan Blue standing proud in not only a gorgeous Apple by Bo Nordh it was one of his personal pipes. A happy way to end and keep it smokey."

"From WDC is this silver capped gourd Calabash with amber stem filled with Esoterica Pembroke and definitely keeping it smokey."

"One of the things I really love about Trever Talbert, besides making great smoking pipes, is his ability to take a classic shape, turn it inside out, upside down and stand it on its head and it still manages to be a classic.
The Calabash is widely known for its gourd body, Meerschaum bowl and various types of stems. Here Trever make the body out of Meerschaum then blasts it, the bowl is Morta with a Masur Birch cap and end piece, the stem is ebonite and it is a fantastic smoker. Having some Chenet's Cake in it and keeping it smokey."

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
"Calabash by Maigurs Knets... Always a great smoke in the black stained blasted briar body with briar bowl capped with Masur Birch. Keeping it smokey with some Capstan Blue."

"Feeling codgerly due to the humidity so I loaded some Prince Albert in the lovely Rimkus to keep it smokey."

"Earlier this morning I loaded the Mimmo Provenzano Calabash I have that came with a stand and two bowls.
What got my interested in his pipes is that he lives in the Puglia region of Italy where I would have been born if my parents hadn't come to the states so it's nice to have something from that region. The gourd part of the body is Olivewood and the bowl is briar capped with Morta in the first photo and Maple capped in the second photo, I'm keeping it smokey with some Capstan Blue.

"A gourd body with a Meerschaum bowl and ebonite stem by Kaywoodie and keeping it smokey with some codger tobacco Prince Albert."

"Here's JT Cooke's rendition of a Calabash, keeping it smokey with some Dunhill Dark Flake."

"The final Calabash is a collaboration between Pipemakers Davorin & Altinok. Denovic made the gourd body from black Morta and sandblasted, he also made the stem and end cap. Sinan Altinok is responsible for the intricately carved Meerschaum bowl, I was fortunate to obtain the first one of these pipes which are now carried in their inventory. It is filled with 3 coins of Cask 7 for the final smoke of the day... keep it smokey everyone."

"Got a surprise in the mail, the Nautilus Morta from Croatia arrived.
I didn't waste any time loading it with some 15 y/o sugar crystal flecked Aston Brindle Flake.
It smokes as beautifully as it looks, a fine addition to my Morta collection, keeping it smokey."

"That last smoke of Ashton Brindle Flake was so good I thought I'd revisit again this time by Cyprian Pipemaker Yiannos Kokkinos is this Olivewood Dublin freeform flecked with copper minerals and keeping it smokey."

"Remember I said that Trever Talbert could take the Calabash shape, turn it upside down and inside out and still come up with a classic? Well you have really understand what else Trever Talbert is capable of as well and this Calabash is not your grandfathers Calabash, your fathers Calabash or nothing you have come to associate as being a Calabash in any shape or form but it is. The bowl is briar and the bottom is Boxwood but sandwiched in between is a cup of Meerschaum and a Calabash of fantasy was born. If I remember right this is the only one he made and it smokes great and as you can see I'm keeping it smokey with some Capstan Blue."

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
"Been milking this Cob most of the day as I've been interrupted too many times to just enjoy it but keeping it smokey when I have the chance."

"Jarred up some 20 y/o Esoterica Penzance but took enough to give it a go in my Trever Talbert Morta, delightfully keeping it smokey."

"This 3 Clovers squat apple with horn stem is unusual for Paulo Becker...The pipe smokes like a dream as I would expect any Becker pipe to smoke. I'm enjoying some Dunhill Dark Flake and keeping it smokey, regards."

"
Well this was a first for me. I was walking home from my weekly acupuncture session, swimming trunks in one hand, walking cane in the other and the MM Twain Cob with plum Forever Stem filled with Ashton Brindle Flake puffing away when this black Acura SUV pulled up and stopped. Inside was a mom and perhaps late teen, or just nudging 20, daughter who looks at me and asks "can it take your picture with you smoking your pipe?"
I said "uh, sure" and she whipped out her cellphone and snaps the shot. With the widest grin on her face she says "thank you very much." I told her she was welcome and they drove off. I noticed the plates were from NJ and wondered if they never saw anyone smoking a pipe in NJ. Anyhow this is what she got."

"3 Diamond Grade Uwe Jopp with 2 coins of Comoy's Cask 7 to keep it smokey with a cuppa Mayorga Roastmasters Blend, strong and black, on the side."

"I had just about 1/2 a pipes worth of Aston Brindle Flake ready so I rubbed out a coin of Comoy's Cask 7 which filled the Dunhill DRR C- EE pot to perfection and keeping it smokey made me almost forget the rain."

"Enjoying some aged Ashton Brindle Flake in the JT Cooke Cutty on a short walk while awaiting the new owner of the SL500 to arrive, just keeping it smokey."

Ashton Brindle Flake in the Peter Heeschen Egg

"My wife and I took a walk to the town hall and back which was very painful due to the fall I had earlier this week. Smoked more of the aged Ashton Brindle Flake in a three part C Comoy Blue Riband with a square shank."

"Was very surprised to see one of the floats that will be in the Memorial Day parade, was also glad to see the Coast Guard represented due to they not getting their due."

Status
Not open for further replies.