PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here

"Next up is this Barling's Make Brumfitt London with EB over WB hallmark signifies 1921 but still researching it. I figure this old timer deserved an old timers smoke, or codger smoke. Keeping it smokey with Prince Albert and the wind is in."

"This is the final wind cap, the 1921 Barling and this hallmarked 1904, who I haven't been able to pin down the maker as yet, the initials are P. M. I call this set The Godfather set because my late uncle, and godfather, was born in 1904 and came to the US in 1921, I like it when I can date things to family birth years. Keeping it smokey with Esoterica Tilbury."

"Solid silver topped and banded Gourd Calabash with the letter A on the stem, still trying to identify it. Unlike most Gourd Calabash pipes that the bowl is removable this one is solid therefore not removable, keeping it smokey with some Mac Baren Club Blend Roll Cut."

"I've been able to identify the A stamped pipe as an Astley Meerschaum."

"WHC Meerschaum Calabash pipe made for Peterson. it came in its own case and like the other silver capped and banded Calabash pipe I posted the top is secured and not removable and it has the original Amber Stem. I would never in my lifetime be able to get a Meerschaum pipe to color as beautifully as this one is and this definitely one pipe I would love for it to be able to talk. Keeping it smokey with more of the Mac Baren Club Blend Roll Cut."

"No mystery as to who made this classic gourd Calabash with removable Meerschaum bowl, it's a Kaywoodie. Keeping it smokey with some Mac Baren Club Blend Roll Cut."

"From Italian Pipemaker Mimmo Provenzano comes this Collector Grade Olivewood body Calabash with two separate bowls, the first is this briar bowl with Boxwood cap and accent on the Olivewood Gourd body. Still keeping it smokey with Mac Baren Club Blend Roll Cut."

"From the workbench of Pipemaker Maguirs Knets comes the partially rusticated partially blasted blackened Briar body and Masur Birch capped briar bowl Calabash. Keeping it smokey with Mac Baren Club Blend Roll Cut."

"Back with the Collector Grade Calabash from Mimmo Provenzano with the second bowl which Briar capped with Morta. Still keeping it smokey with Mac Baren Club Blend Roll Cut."

"I saved this Calabash for last because it is the star of the group. The pipe was a combined effort of two masters doing what they do best. The body is made from deep black Morta with an amber colored accent and tortoise shell stem by Davorin Denovic. The bowl is block Meerschaum intricately hand carved with a beautiful series of designs by Sinan Altinok. The marriage of the work of these two masters is a beauty to behold and it smokes even better than it looks. Keeping the last Calabash in the group smokey with more Mac Baren Club Blend Roll Cut."

Last edited:
Reactions: trouttimes

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
"It's not often you see a Meerschaum Corn Cob without the word Missouri in front of it. From Ozgur Pipes is this slick Meerschaum Corn Cob with a push in stem, keeping it smokey with some more Mac Baren Club Blend Roll Cut."

"I enjoyed keeping it smokey with some Mac Baren Club Blend Roll Cut in this Andreas Bauer Meerschaum Billiard, from Austria, with faux amber style stem before making lunch."

"Another pipe I wish could talk is this old Meerschaum Cutty with yellow stem, it has an engraved band but nothing to identify the maker or year. Keeping it smokey with more of the Mac Baren Club Blend Roll Cut still from the same tin."

"Here is a nice example by one of the better known Meerschaum carvers, Ismet Beckler. Just a little engraving done to the bowl that takes nothing away from the shape and the stem is faux amber. Still keeping it smokey with some Mac Baren Club Blend Roll Cut."

"Here is a pipe from yet another great carver, I don't think there's anything this artist can't do. Sadik Yanik is his name and the pipe is a skull held by a skeleton hand and the intricacies of that carving aren't enough that you get lost in the geometric patterns under the pipe and on the shank, even the faux amber stem is very ornate. Still keeping the Mac Baren Club Blend Roll Cut fires smokey."

"I saved this pipe to finish with since it has a rather small Meerschaum bowl, I don't know the maker nor what the main body of the pipe is. The body has a set of initials on it which was probably the original owner, hard to tell for sure but I believe it is bone and the stem is definitely amber. I'm pretty sure this is a Cheroot pipe."

"I was sent to Dunoon Scotland in 1987 and found my luggage had not arrived which means I didn't have any pipes. I worked 22 1/2 hours that first day getting machinery tested for deployment in the dry dock, got 1 1/2 hours sleep and worked 20 hours the next day. Finally got a break of a 16 hour day the following day and just had enough time to make it to the Tobaccoonist Shop down the road from the B&B I was staying in. Just had enough money to pick up a pipe called Puffin, it's a Meerschaum pipe but not block it is pressed. The bowl was fumed at the top and yellow the rest of the way, picked up some tobacco and I was good for the next day of work which was 18 hours. It's been 30 years now since I picked up this Puffin Meerschaum pipe and while it has never smoked as good as my block Meerschaum pipes it became a rather decent smoker over time and has colored pretty well. Keeping it smokey with some aged Mac Baren Dark Twist Roll Cake."

"Here is another Meerschaum Classic shape from Andres Bauer of Austria that is beginning to take on color, still keeping it smokey."

"A Classic Apple shape with faux amber push stem by Sinan Altinok. Keeping it smokey with more Mac Baren Dark Twist Roll Cake."

"Grabbed a few pipes from upstairs and this BST Bing with Cumberland stem is where I'm starting, keeping it smokey with some Mac Baren Dark Twist Roll Cake."

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
"Since this next pipe has not been smoked I dug deep into the tin of Mac Baren Dark Twist Roll Cake I've been keeping it smokey with to find some tobacco that was moister than the top layer and found some. I packed this Reiner Art Design Grade B Paneled Dublin with paneled shank with Boxwood accent and Cumberland stem. Enjoying a lovely smoke."

"From Japanese Pipemaker Tatsuo Tajima comes this very whimsical and intricately made Saturn pipe. Keeping it smokey with Mac Baren Dark Twist Roll Cake."

"...made by Pipemaker James Gilliam of JSEC Pipes, has a very light bent Cumberland Stem and what might be Ambonia for the accent. I'm keeping it smokey with Mac Baren Dark Twist Roll Cake."

"Changed my tobacco to Fribourg & Treyer Golden Mixture that is 7 y/o. First pipe to keep it smokey with this lovely full Virginia is called the Tadpole made by Pipemaker Will Purdy. Smoking as cool as the morning."

"Continuing today's pipe smoking journey is this pre-Cadogan era Orlik Prince Regent keeping it smokey with some F&T Virginia Mixture."

"This was a tough one to find but I was finally able to get one. By Vauen is this Apple bowl Meerschaum lined with panel shank and silver spigot assembly. Keeping it smokey with some F&T Virginia Mixture."

"From the bench of Pipemaker Stephen Downie is this canted Cherrywood style Sitter with plateau top, copper band and copper and brown swirled stem. Keeping it smokey with some F&T Virginia Mixture."

"From the bench of Pipemaker Walt Cannoy comes this beautifully finished Billiard with Walts famous Suede Finish and top of the pipe has a smooth briar trim, the stem is a white spigot style Fishtail, I think Walt makes the most comfortable Fishtail stem. Still keeping it smokey with F&T Virginia Mixture."

"I became very intrigued with this fusion of Classic and modern twist, a Mimmo Provenzano canted bowl Rhodesian with a trim ring of Boxwood followed by one of Briar then capped with Boxwood. The shank is diamond shaped and long a la Lovat style, it is a Grade B. Thoroughly enjoying keeping it smokey with some F&T Virginia Mixture."

"From the Ukraine and Pipemaker Maksim Nazarenko comes this slightly bent blasted Tomato with Walnut ring accent. Keeping it smokey with more F&T Virginia Mixture."

Last edited:

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
"Pipemaker Wayne Teipen listed as a Blasted Billiard with silver ring and natural Briar stem. It wasn't until after I owned the pipe I found out it had been done already years ago by Kaywoodie and they called it the All Briar and I added one of those to my racks as well. Still smoking F&T Virginia Mixture and keeping it smokey."

"This next pipe was made by Pipemaker Zack Hamric, it's a Dublin with Cocobolo accent and Tortoise Shell Stem. F&T Virginia Mixture keeping it smokey."

"Last pipe of the night is this Peterson Rosslare Classic bent Rhodesian with silver band and amber colored stem, shape 999. Having some Mac Baren Dark Twist to keep it smokey as it cools down."

"Well we're going to smoke some Morta today. First Morta I ever purchased is this pinched Dublin by Tom Richards of Germany which had been carbon dated as being 5800 y/o. Changed tobacco again this morning since I had a craving for some Wessex Campaign which is doing an admirable job of keeping it smokey."

"Although it's harder to tell with each smoke the cap on this Askwith Rhodesian is Masur Birch, I kind of like the coloring and the white stem. Wessex Campaign is happily keeping it smokey once again, I love this stuff."

"Luca di Piazza Chubby Morta Aerobilliard smokey with some Wessex Campaign."

"From Spanish Pipemaker Sabina Santos comes the stunning 5th Anniversary smooth Morta Rhodesian with briar accent that has plateau on it. This beautiful pipe is keeping it smokey with Wessex Campaign."

"From Pipemaker Scottie Piersel comes this nearly grey colored Morta Bulldog with Cumberland stem. Wessex Campaign keeping it smokey."

"This next pipe is by Davorin Denovic, although he sells them using his first name, it is one of two pipes I have by him that he profiles on his Wall of Fame. While it appears to be a bent Blowfish shape he calls it a Free Apple, Copper Morta with Cocobolo end cap, Fire Maple accentand amber colored stem. Keeping this beauty smokey with Wessex Campaign."

"A slightly canted Pot shape Morta with horn stem from German Pipemaker Carsten Ringling, still enjoying Wessex Campaign and keeping it smokey."

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
"The last Morta for the day is by Moretti Pipes made by Italian Pipemaker Marco Biagini, it is a somewhat rectangular Dublin style bowl with Boxwood accent. Keeping it smokey with Wessex Campaign."

"Well yesterday was certainly the day of the brain fart as I made a few incorrect statements citing Sabina Santos as being in Spain when she actually is in Portugal and I stated one of the colors of Morta was Blonde when I meant to say Golden, hopefully today will be better.

Another of my Morta pipes from Davorin of Croatia is this Golden Morta Scoop with Diamond shank and Ivory colored stem, keeping it smokey with Wessex Campaign."

"From Pipemaker Chris Askwith comes this Canted Volcano Sitter with Mastadon accent and white stem. Still keeping it smokey with Wessex Campaign although this tin won't go as far as the other tins I've smoked."

"The bowl is Morta with three distinct colors, golden, chocolate and black. The bowl appears to be floating off the Beechwood shaft. Made from Morta and Beech from Germany by Pipemaker Manfred Hortig I'm keeping it smokey with Wessex Campaign."

"Well the last of the Wessex Campaign has been loaded into the grey hued smooth Morta Dublin with Black Palm accent and Cumberland stem made for me by the late Ed A. James, keeping it smokey in his memory."

"Ok, I'm weak, I couldn't wait to try this 6 knuckle bamboo shank, blasted black Egg bowled Demi-Warden pipe with Juma stem made by Pipemaker Jesse Jones, so I packed it 10 y/o Esoterica Stonehaven and blissfully keeping it smokey. Morta Madness will return."

"Here's one I missed doing the Meerschaum group. From Peterson is this gorgeous Meerschaum Bulldog with diamond shank, silver hallmarked band and P-lip stem. Keeping it smokey with Capstan Yellow."

"This is the second of the three Morta pipes by Davorin that I own and the second one to be on his Hall of Fame portion of his website. Davorin call this black Morta bowl shape the Tulip and it it accented with briar. Keeping it smokey with Capstan Yellow and this smoke is to honor my friend John Fury, keep on keeping on John!"

"Next to the last Morta is this canted bowl Pot by Carsten Ringling, its larger than the other one I have and is tan with grey, there used to be a thin band of white but has faded away possibly due to smoking it, like the other it has a horn stem. Keeping it smokey with Capstan Yellow."

"Well we've reached the end of the Morta group and what an end it is. This 9 1/2" long shaft Cutty from Chris Askwith with Maple Syrup colored stem keeping it smokey with Capstan Yellow."

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
"First pipe from upstairs this morning is the pipe from Germany made by Nils Thomsen, it has an oval shank with a sweep and the stem is briar with a section of white and brown acrylic molded into it, very striking. Keeping it smokey with Capstan Blue."

"Well the mail came and I was pleased to see I got my new Forever Stem from Old Log Cabin Pipeworks made from their new stock. The stem's fit and finish is excellent, no problem mounting it on my well loved MM Twain and the draw is excellent, glad to see they are making them available again in both Vulcanite and Lucite, takes approximately 3 weeks from the time you order it for it to arrive."

"While not exactly ideal weather for a nosewarmer I couldn't resist having a go with my Bat by Roger Wallenstein of Germany. Capstan Blue doing a fine job of keeping it smokey."

"Next up is the Republic of Ireland Peterson Billiard with gold hallmarked spigot stem fixture keeping it smokey with Capstan Blue."

"L'antara certainly took a different twist on the Rhodesian shape as it's pinched from the side almost football shaped. With a light stain on the cap and a dark stain on the bottom it's very striking and the duck looking at thinks so as well! Doing a good job feeling ducky and keeping it smokey with Capstan Blue."

"First pipe of the morning is this Reverse Calabash by Getz a Pipemaker from Bulgaria. Keeping it smokey with Capstan Blue."

"Out of order is this Egg shape, almost a Cobra, but Peter Heeschen, keeping it smokey with Capstan Blue which was last nights last pipe."

"From the bench of the late Italian Pipemaker Tommaso Spanu is this Cork bent capped Billiard keeping it smokey with Capstan Blue."

"From the bench of the late Pipemaker from Denmark, Emil Chonowitsch, is this Classic Billiard with a stem to die for as only the Old School Danish made. Keeping it smokey with some of the last of the Capstan Blue."

"Next to the last bowl of Capstan Blue to keep it smokey in the Driftwood finish Rhodesian by Pipemaker Roger Wallenstein of Germany."

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
"Last pipe of the day Is this lightly blasted Gamboni pinched Tomato shape, the stem is something I'm seeing more of these days and I really like the look, it starts as Cumberland which appears to be an accent but morphs into black totally seamlessly. The last of the Capstan Blue keeping it smokey."

"from Italian Pipemaker Dorelio Rovera is this silver hallmarked spigot Cutty which is rusticated and sports an amber colored stem. Keeping it smokey with more of the 7 y/o Esoterica Tilbury."

"...from Nashville's Pipemaker Sam Abedeyo. A delightful Billiard with faux ivory ring accent, keeping it smokey with the last of the 7 y/o Esoterica Tilbury."

"Having no problem keeping it smokey in the slightly bent Mastro de Paja Bulldog with briar accent attached to the stem."

"From Pipemaker Sergey Ailarov, of Russia, is this lovely ball with a tapered almost volcano looking top and slightly bent stem. Keeping it smokey with more of the Esoterica Tilbury."

"Van Gogh Series Ser Jacopo Picta Per Aspera Ad Astra Hawkbill S2 Grade. Keeping it smokey with Esoterica Tilbury."

"Rinaldo Fiamatta Odissea Silver Line 03 Grade from Italy with hallmarked silver band. Keeping it smokey with Esoterica Tilbury."

"From the bench of Italian Pipemaker Gabriele dal Fiume comes this lovely rusticated Turtle Grade keeping it smokey with Esoterica Tilbury."

"Dirk Heinemann of Germany made this beautifully grained Billiard with Boxwood shank and accent is such a wonderful smoker. I'm keeping it smokey with Peter Heinrichs Special Selection Curly."

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
"Now keeping it smokey with some 14 y/o Uncle Tom's in the Peter Heeschen Cobra."

"Having more of the 15 y/o Peter Heinrichs Special Select Curly keeping it smokey in the Joe Case Sitter Poker with black, grey, red and white swirled stem."

"By Domiano Rovera, an Ardor Roby Fantasy partially rusticated Cutty with tortoise shell stem and accent. Keeping it smokey with some of my stash of 15 y/o Peter Heinrich's Special Select Curly."

"The three part C Comoy's are the most revered of the companies pipes and the Blue Riband is up there in its hierarchy. While the Blue Riband pipe is scarce enough on its own accord I believe this square shanked Billiard three piece C to be a not often encountered shape. Like all of my Comoy Blue Riband pipes this is an exceptional smoker and is keeping it smokey with that wonderful 15 Peter Heinrich's Special Select Curly."

"Here is a T. Christiano I picked up for very short money due to the condition it was in. The top was well burned and the finish flaking on nearly the entire bowl. I was referred to Kaitlyn Mills who has restored pipes for other forum members that highly recommended her for my needs. I conversed with Kaitlyn via PM's once she received the pipe suggesting the topped be topped off and I told her a flat top would be fine and a good wax coa buffed out would probably look better as well. This is what a portion of the pipe looked like, the front and one side were far worse."

"The pipe came out far nicer than I had even hoped for and Kaitlyn's reputation as a first class restorer is well acknowledged as this once sad beautiful Brandy shaped bent is now a glorious member to my racks and a fine smoker as well, thank you Kaitlyn for a wonderful restoration of this pipe."

"Now fully charged with the 15 y/o Peter Heinrichs Special Select Curly keeping the T. Christiano recently restored Bent Brandy smokey."

"Here was an acorn waiting for its blind pig. I found this leather covered hard cased little Billiard with real amber stem on etsy, price was pretty low, seller knew nothing about it and neither did I with the information given but I bought it anyway. Marked London, hallmarked sterling silver and L&AO which may not mean much but it stands for Louis & Alfred Orlik making it hail from 1899-1905 timeframe thereabouts. I didn't want to pop a tin of Orlik Golden Sliced just for this smoke but the 15 y/o Heinrichs Curly I've been smoking is doing a fine job of keeping it smokey."

"When Les Wood announced his retirement there weren't a whole lot of inventory left to choose from but when this hallmarked silver capped Rhodesian with diamond silver band and shank appeared I knew it was the one. The pipe is rather substantial but the bowl is actually a group 3 size which is right in my wheelhouse. The stain is a deep Plum color and offsets nicely with the silver cap and band. Having some of that delectable 15 y/o Peter Heinrichs Special Select Curly keeping it smokey."

Last edited:

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
"Now enjoying another of my three part C Comoy Blue Riband in the stately Prince Shape, keeping it smokey with that elegant 15 y/o Peter Heinrichs Special Select Curly."

"After enjoying that lovely Comoy Blue Riband there are only a handful of pipes from that period I'd feel comfortable to have follow it. For that reason I chose this specific pipe a Barling Apple shape Ye Olde Wood T.V.F. Made in England EL. Of course I'm keeping it smokey with Peter Heinrichs Special Select Curly."

"This next pipe comes from the bench of Denmark's Pipemaker Lasse Skovgaard. It's a lovely bent Egg shape with plateau top. Keeping it smokey with more of the 15 y/o Peter Heinrichs Special Select Curly."

"German Pipemaker Micaela Daniels is the daughter of Pipemaker Klause Hahn. This beautiful horn with grain so lovely you almost forget to smoke it, but I'm having a lovely time keeping it smokey with the 15 y/o Peter Heinrichs Special Select Curly."

"Next up is a fine little Apple Shape, with Ivory stem and amber colored accent, from the bench of Pipemaker Kevin Arthur. Keeping it smokey with more of the 15 y/o Peter Heinrichs Special Select Curly."

"Denmark Pipemaker Poul Hansen apprenticed under Sixten Ivarsson and made pipes in the 60's and 70's with Iwan Ries being his main distributor in the states. Poul made a few pipes in Copenhagen for the Danish market and this is one of those Copenhagen marked pipes. A sweet little slightly canted Egg with a triangular shank, the top sections are flat and the bottom of the triangle rounded which makes for a stunning look. Keeping it smokey with the 15 y/o Heinrichs Special Select Curly."

"My very first 3 part C Comoy Blue Riband, a neat little Billiard larger than a Group 1 but smaller than a Group 2 and it smokes ever so lovely. Keeping it smokey with the 15 y/o Heinrichs Special Select Curly."

"From Steffen Mueller a Pipemaker from Germany comes this very artistic Egg shape. Keeping it smokey with the grand 15 y/o Heinrichs Special Select Curly."

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
August 2017

"This Paneled Apple by Manduela will be my next pipe."

"Still smoking my way through the 15 y/o Heinrichs Special Select Curly and keeping it smokey in the Nate King hexagonal panel squat Rhodesian with black Lucite shank and creamsicle colored Cumberland stem."

"Earlier this morning I enjoyed some of that fine 15 y/o Heinrichs Special Select Curly and kept it smokey in this elegant Octagonal Panel with oval shank and Boxwood accent by Tonni Nielsen."

"Now I'm enjoying more of the 15 y/o Heinrichs Special Select Curly. Keeping it smokey in the Torben Dansk listed as a Brage Rustic Banjo Made by Pipemaker Poul Winsløw."

"A unique presentation of the Rhodesian from the bench of Pipemaker Rad Davis is this stack Rhodesian with canted top that is partially plateaued and a 1/4 bent stem. Keeping it smokey with the 15 Heinrichs Special Select Curly."

"This next pipe is from the workbench of Pipemaker Zack Hamric, it is a Reverse Calabash system called the Snapping Turtle with a Cumberland stem. Keeping it smokey with some of the last of the 15 y/o Heinrichs Special Select Curly only enough left for 2 bowls."

"This Pot shape was made by the David Erlich pipe shop in Boston, picked it up at a local yard sale years ago. Keeping it smokey with some of the last of the 15 y/o Heinrichs Special Select Curly."

"Well the 15 y/o Peter Heinrichs Special Select Curly has filled its last bowl. Now keeping it smokey in the Canadian by Elliott Nachwalter."

"Smoking the Ascorti rusticated Bowl Poker with smooth Pencil Shank. Keeping it smokey with some Dark Star."

"Keeping it smokey with Dark Star. Never could smoke one of my Ascorti pipes without following it one by Radice, this rusticated Rhodesian has a diamond shape faux bamboo shank."

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
"From the bench of the late Pipemaker Peter Hedegaard comes this lovely straight grained Lovat with amber colored stem. There are times the sweet tooth must be fed and this is one of those times so I'm keeping it smokey with some Bobs Chocolate Flake."

"First pipe of the morning is this smooth top Rhodesian with Dragon Scales body by Jose Rubio. Keeping it smokey with some F&T Cut Virginia Plug."

"Filled up the Grant Batson Bat Fish pipe with F&T Cut Virginia Plug to keep it smokey.

"Here's a lovely Lovat from Japanese Pipemaker Yuki Tokutomi, keeping it smokey with some F&T Cut Virginia Plug."

"Here is a Blowfish with Boxwood accent as only Denmark's Pipemaker Former could make. I am keeping it smokey with more of the F&T Cut Virginia Plug."

"From the Pipemaker in Denmark known as Tao comes this asymmetrical Dublin A Grade with a Stem that starts off black wit the Tao signature then morphs into amber colored. Keeping it smokey with more of the F&T Cut Virginia Plug."

"Picked up a cob in exceptional shape made by MM. It has all the hallmarks of a Monogram Grade but no M on the stem but I bought it in any event. The band is gold in color but so far I haven't been able to ascertain if it is gold plated or brass plated. The bowl is substantial compared to most MM cobs and the shank is corn cob as well but the real conundrum is it has a stinger, this is not anything I've seen before on an MM and was hoping someone might be able to help date it, tell what model it is or anything pertinent. In the meantime I'm keeping it smokey with F&T Cut Virginia Plug."

"The first time I laid eyes on this pipe the first thing that struck me was how perfectly it resembled an apple, then my eyes drank in the gorgeous texture and cragginess of the pipe which led me to the most perfect Cumberland stem I have laid my eyes on, the pipe was made by Michael Butera, it is a Grade B Textured Classic Grade made 30 years ago."

"From Japan's retired Pipemaker Shizuo Arita comes this lovely Horn with plenty of straight grain, birdseye and the bottom is totally plateau, a nicely done silver band complimented by a Cumberland stem. Not wishing to pop open another tin just yet I was feeling codgerly so out came the Prince Albert to keep it smokey."

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
"Just popped open a tin of Wessex Campaign and rubbed out 1 flake to fill this 2003 Peterson Limited Edition Billiard which is #79/1000. Beautiful silver attachment and silver P inlaid in the stem. No problem keeping it smokey."

"Next up is this slightly canted bent rusticated Egg with Boxwood accent by Nathan Armentrout, keeping it smokey with Wessex Campaign."

"From the late Pipemaker Bob Hayes is this slightly forward Rhodesian with smooth cap and rusticated body, keeping it smokey with Wessex Campaign."

"From Denmark is this pinched and Paneled Rhodesian from S. Bang, smooth cap with blasted body and Wessex Campaign keeping it smokey."

"Up next is this robust size Smooth Rhodesian with long panel shank by German Pipemaker Werner Mummert. While the pipe itself has a rather robust stance the bowl is a large Group 2 but not quite a Group 3 so a cool smoke is always the case with so much briar encasing it. Having a splendid smoke of Wessex Campaign to keep it smokey."

"I couldn't very well profile Yuki Tokutomi's Lovat yesterday without paying tribute to her mentor, her father Pipemaker Hiro Tokutomi. Here I am smoking some Wessex Campaign whilst keeping it smokey in the blasted Scoop by Hiro Tokutomi."

"From Pipemaker Kevin Arthur is this Freehand Sitter with Boxwood Ring and faux horn accent. Keeping it smokey with more of the Wessex Campaign."

"Next we have this Tadpole Shape with oval shank and Saddle Cumberland stem by Pipemaker Will Purdy. No that's not a brush fire, it's me keeping it seriously smokey with Wessex Campaign."

"Amorelli calls this a bent panel Bulldog. It's actual name is penna di San Michele panel bent Bulldog, I'll call it a Sea Urchin. The pipe is actually etched using a laser, it is time consuming and no two will ever be the same. Keeping it smokey with more Wessex Campaign."

"This latest craggy Apple came from the bench of the late Pipemaker Clarence Mickles. Keeping it smokey with the almost last of the Wessex Campaign."

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
"Starting the day with a new tin of Orlik Golden Sliced keeping it smokey in the Grade B capped Dublin with black palm accent by German Pipemaker Paul Becker."

"I commissioned this next pipe from Pipemaker Scottie Piersel, it is an Eskimo shape made from Strawberrywood. Keeping it smokey with Orlik Golden Sliced."

"From the bench of Pipemaker Grant Batson is this outrageous Tormented Blowfish with superb grain and equally superbly done Cumberland stem. Still keeping it smokey with that glorious Orlik Golden Sliced."

"This next pipe is a not often encountered Sasieni 2 dot Billiard with oval shank and saddle stem. Orlik Golden Sliced doing a good job keeping it smokey."

"Peter Micklson is probably not a well known name in pipe smoking circles but he didn't make pipes under that name, this late Pipemaker from Denmark changed his last name to Brakner when he made his pipes. His famous micro-rustication process was never shared with anyone except Paul Rasmussen' mother so it was lost when he passed on. This Poker Sitter sports the Brakner Antique finish he was famous for and I'm keeping it smokey with more Orlik Golden Sliced."

"This is my first high grade Peterson with hallmarked silver band, cap and a silver P embedded in the stem, the grain ain't too shabby either! Keeping it smokey with more of the Orlik Golden Sliced."

"...Jack Howell. This is one of Jack's several signature shapes, the Acorn. This lovely stained and blasted Acorn is beautiful on many levels the simplicity of leaving an unstained portion of the pipe as an accent is delightful as is the way it smokes. Keeping it smokey with Orlik Golden Sliced."

"I fell in love with this shape the first time I ever saw one. I was finally able to secure one with a beautifully intricate silver band and Cumberland stem in Group 4 size. So here I am keeping it smokey with more of the Orlik Golden Sliced. I give you the Northern Briars Sea Urchin."

"Made for the Pipe Smokers Forum by member, and Pipemaker, Joel Shapiro is this slightly bent Brandy Apple. Still keeping it smokey with Orlik Golden Sliced."

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
"Pipemaker Gregor Lobnik makes his pipes in Slovenia and the rusticated squat Tomato with smooth top is a 3 * Grade. Keeping it smokey with Orlik Golden Sliced."

"From the bench of Pipemaker Tom Eltang of Denmark comes this tribute to Bo Nordh's Ballerina Shape, keeping it smokey with Orlik Golden Sliced."

"From the bench of German Pipemaker Eckhard Stöhr is this lovely two tone stained Dublin body is dark with a small light stained cap, accented with dark briar and tortoise shell stem. Keeping it smokey with Dunhill Dark Flake."

"The next pipe comes from the bench of Italian Pipemaker Bruno Sordini who sells his pipes as Don Carlos, the pipe is a Cutty shape with silver band and Boxwood ring for accents, it is a 1 note Grade. Keeping it smokey with Dunhill Dark Flake."

"This stacked Billiard with ironwood accent comes from the bench of Pipemaker Kirk Bosi, keeping it smokey with Dunhill Dark Flake."

"The basic shape of the bowl on this pipe by Pipemaker Rolando Negotia is an Egg but it is stacked and has a canted top making look more like a Volcano Egg. The bowl is rusticated and the oval shank is smooth, keeping it smokey with more of the Dunhill Dark Flake."

"The Savinelli Punto d'oro line of pipes are not scarce but this particular pipe has things about it that make it scarce. The band is 18 k gold and the stem is horn it is a Billiard. Keeping it smokey with some F&T Cut Blended Plug."

"Still keeping it smokey with more of the F&T Cut Blended Plug this time in a smooth Devil Anse with Green Cumberland accent by Moonshine pipes."

"Here is a rather unique approach to the Dublin Shape taken by Pipemaker Kevin Arthur. The bowl is a Diamond panel in Vergin finish with slashes of plateau on the top. The accent is a Boxwood ring and the end cap is tree Cork. Keeping it smokey with F&T Cut Blended Plug."

"Here is one of Radice's Drip Wax pipes with push stem, keeping it smokey with F&T Cut Blended Plug."

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
"This gold A marked Ascorti KS Business has a lightly bent silver and black streaked stem, gnarly finish and a stacked Bulldog. Keeping it smokey with more of the F&T Cut Blended Plug."

"When I looked at how much F&T Cut Blended Plug was left I barely filled the bowl of this tiny mini Freehand Churchwarden by Boswell (I can cover the bowl with the upper portion of my thumb, but it's not having any problems keeping it smokey."

"Filled a Classic Bent Grade 4 gnarly pipe with silver ring by Pipemaker Larry Roush. Keeping it smokey with some Mac Baren Dark Twist Roll Cake."

"The first Peterson pipe I ever purchased was a twin to this rusticated Tankard with P-lip stem, this pipe is its replacement as the first one burned out in three weeks and the B&M where I had purchased it replaced it and it has been with me about 40 years now. Keeping it smokey with more of the Mac Baren Dark Twist Roll Cake."

"Pipemaker Darius Eruch Dah is not a name likely spoken in pipe smoking circles. His pipes carry neither his name nor his initials, they carry his wife's initials GRC, Grace Rachel Christian. The stamping can have G. Critisian without the h, it will include the grade and group size. This particular Tomato bowled pipe is an F Grade and is beautifully grained. Whilst it appears to be capable of a substantial amount of tobacco the capacity is a Group 2, it is having no problem keeping it smokey with Mac Baren Dark Twist Roll Cake."

"From the bench of Pipemaker Elena Doroshenko who works in Bulgaria comes this Brandy bowled Cavalier with Boxwood accents. Keeping it smokey with Mac Baren Virginia Flake."

"Pipemaker Paul L. Hubartt is the man behind the Larrysson pipe, the name is his middle name and means he is Larrys son. To own a Larrysson pipe is something special due to the fact Paul is very precise in engineering his pipes and they please the eye and the senses. This blasted Larrysson Billiard has a smooth top and s doing a fine job of keeping it smokey with Mac Baren Dark Twist Roll Cake."

"A Becker Dublin slightly bent Royal Flush Grade, a pipe I never thought I'd own in my wildest dreams!"

"This mornings first pipe is a rather scarce pre-Lane period Charatan Deluxe Grade in a beautifully proportioned Cutty shape. Keeping it smokey with some Mac Baren Virginia Flake."

"By Pipemaker Damiano Rovera of Italy is this Ardor Fantasy Grade, rusticated body with Drip Wax treatment cafe au lait colored accent and stem. Keeping it smokey with some Mac Baren Dark Twist Roll Cake."

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
"This Pipemaker's given name is Jean Christophe du Toit, his pipes are known as Pietenpauw Pipes. It is this pipe he named Just 1, a rusticated Egg that appears to be held by fingers in a smooth diamond shank and stem, that he made to prove to himself he could do it just once that drew me to his pipes. Keeping it smokey with Mac Baren Virginia Flake."

"From the bench of Pipemaker Brian Ruthenberg is this sweet pipe he calls The Mouse. I believe the name is derived from its coloration, it is rusticated and has a saddle Cumberland stem."

"Back from my Cancer Support Group, so I filled up this Castello Lovat made for the USA market with Mac Baren Dark Twist Roll Cake to keep it smokey."

"Now watering flowers in the front yard with my rusticated Radice Rind, with smoot shank and silver and black streaked stem, filled with Mac Baren Dark Twist Roll Cake riding shotgun and keeping it smokey."

"German born Daniel Mustran the Pipemaker who practices his craft in Croatia is the man behind the ND line of pipes. This is the pipe I call the Birdseye Beast although my photo is not the best angle to see the front.
The beautiful scalloped panel bowl is accented with black acrylic, Boxwood and Rosewood spacers, the shank is diamond shaped black acrylic which morphs into the hexagonal Boxwood spacer then morphs into the round Rosewood spacer to meet the stem. I stacked some Mac Baren Virginia Flake after rolling it cigar style and teased the top for lighting it, definitely doing a fine job of keeping it smokey."

"At one point I had given up smoking altogether, gave away my pipe collection and stopped cigarettes for 8 years. Then during a rather difficult stage in my apprenticeship the stress was quite high and I started with cigarettes again and finally purchased my first pipe, a GBD Prehistoric in an Apple shape with brass accents. Keeping it smokey with Mac Baren Dark Twist Roll Cake."

"The chief players in Caminetto pipes were, Giuseppe "Pepino" Ascorti, Luigi Radice and Enzo Galluzzo. The beginning of this was formed but Carlo Scotti of Castello fame. The pipes were marketed by Gianni Davoli from his tobacco shop in Milan Italy. When Caminetto broke up Ascorti and Radice started making pipes under their own names and Enzo Galluzzo formed the Capitello Pipe Company in partnership with Corrado Ripamonti.
Capitello pipes were the first oil cured pipes to be made in Italy. This Capitello Corinzio was the first Vergin finish pipe I ever purchased and was so light in color that when it began to color I was simply amazed, a lovely rusticated pipe. What you see for color is from over 30 years of enjoyment of a brand that faded away unfortunately but made first class pipes in the same class as Castello. Keeping it smokey with Mac Baren Virginia Flake."

"As has been seen with several groups of Radice, Ascort and Castello pipes plus thos of other Italian Pipemakers it all had to start somewhere and that would be this Caminetto. The workmanship of both Ascorti and Radice is easily seen here. Deep craggy wonderful shape is this Caminetto Business KS with long shank and amber colored stem. Keeping it smokey with Mac Baren Virginia Flake."

"From Pipemaker Cornelius Mänz of Germany comes this sweet slightly bent, twisted and pinched Dublin with a cap and Masur Birch accent. Keeping it smokey with some Mac Baren Dark Twist Roll Cake."

"The next Pipemaker, Steve Weiner, is from Ohio and trained with Michael Butera. This pipe by Steve is a rectangular Dublin, were the corners not rounded it would have been a panel. You can see the influence of Michael Butera in Steve's rustication on this pipe and it is accented with white acrylic. Keeping it smokey with more of the Mac Baren Dark Twist Roll Cake."

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
"US Pipemaker Ed Burak retired in 2009, he owned and operated the Connoisseur Tobacco Shop in NY City.
This flattened saucer with oval shank is from his Connoisseur line and I'm keeping it smokey with Mac Baren Dark Twist Roll Cake."

"From US Pipemaker Tim West comes this little Freehand Panel with plateau top, keeping it smokey with some Condor Ready Rubbed."

"Now keeping it smokey with a pre-Lane rusticated Charatan Zulu filled with Mac Baren Dark Twist Roll Cake."

"This Sasieni 1 dot Straight Grain is a rather scarce pipe, keeping it smokey with more Condor Ready Rubbed."

"This pre-Republic K&P Dublin Shamrock and Lyre nickel banded Billiard is a great smoker and having no problem keeping it smokey with Mac Baren Dark Twist Roll Cake."

"Now enjoying a smoke in the Ser Jacopo Sitter with hallmarked silver band under the bowl, fancy engraved and hallmarked silver band and silver J in the stem, nicely blasted tan color. Keeping it smokey with Mac Baren Dark Twist Roll Cake."

"A true Cherrywood Sitter pipe made by Ropp out of Cherry Wood, keeping it smokey with Condor Ready Rubbed."

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
"I must have been in either another Pink Cloud session or good old fashioned brain fart session having missed this spectacular Dunhill Ring Grain with horn stem whilst doing the Dunhill group. In any event I'm managing to stay upright and keeping it smokey with Mac Baren Virginia Flake."

"Sadly I can't remember that significance of the series but this is pipe 19 of 25 made by US Pipemaker Lee von Erck. It is a stacked Poker Sitter that has been left partially smooth and partially rusticated, the top is plateau and the shank is a pencil shank. Keeping it smokey with some Mac Baren Dark Twist Roll Cake whilst navigating the Pink Cloud."

"From the bench of now retired Pipemaker Jan Zeman of New Zealand is this Kingfisher model squat Volcano with oval shank and 1/8th bent stem. Keeping it smokey with Condor Ready Rubbed."

"From German bamboo fly rod maker, Rolf Baginski, who makes some pipes in his spare time where he sells them at fly fishing shows, is this Poker Chip Stack as I've named it. It's actually a short Poker Sitter which has a nickel silver ring accent where the stem mounts the bowl and 6 60 degree cut sections of bamboo mounted 60 degrees apart around the bowl which is sort of his signature but it did come with a pipe bag with one of his hand sewn patches on it. Having a great time keeping it smokey with some Mac Baren Virginia Flake."

"That is the pipe in my avatar the day I purchased it. Here is the photo I took before I put it in its bag."

"From US Pipemaker, Basil Meadows of Red Dog Pipes, comes this slanted Billiard that came to me with a Vergin finish. As you can see it has taken on a rich series of brown to chestnut coloration which is gracefully highlighted by the horn look Lucite stem. Keeping it smokey with Mac Baren Virginia Flake."

"Well it's our 43rd wedding anniversary today and I'm keeping it smokey with some St. James Flake in the Classic Dublin by Pipemaker Jack Howell."

(Before rain) "Just barely got the photo of me smoking this Vergin Cutty, with blue-black accent ring and Ivory colored stem, by Grant Batson. Keeping it smokey with F&T Cut Virginia Plug in the shed amongst the chain saws and garlic."

"Well the torrents have abated long enough for me to stay out of the shed. From the American Smoking Pipe Company, by Pipemaker Mark Tinsky, is this catalog shape Pristine bent Caldron with Masur Birch accent. Keeping it smokey with some F&T Cut Virginia Plug."

"...my Becker estate Pinched Dublin Royal Flush Grade done in a light top stain and darker body stain. I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd own one of Beckers highest grades but it's here and it smokes like a dream. Helping keeping it smokey is F&T Cut Virginia Plug."

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
"Now enjoying a Castello KKKK Trademark Poker Sitter with some F&T Cut Virginia Plug keeping it smokey."

"Just purchased this beautiful Rhodesian with chocolate and white swirl stem from Pipemaker George Leousis of Greece."

"The Steve and Roswitha Anderson from Pipes and Pleasures pipe has an oval shape Billiard bowl with an oval shaped chamber and horn stem. Currently keeping it smokey with Germains Uncle Tom's."

"By Bertram Safferling...This lovely Volcano is full of beautiful grain and I'm keeping it smokey with F&T Cut Virginia Plug."

"This craggy little Apple is by Lorenzo, the model is Elba, sports a triangle shank and amber colored stem. Keeping it smokey with St. James Flake."

"Tough to really give this shape a name, to me it's a Brandy Apple. Made by Michigan Pipemaker Rick Manges is this rusticated pipe with white and Cumberland accents and Cumberland stem. Keeping it smokey with F&T Cut Virginia Plug."

"From the bench of Virginia Pipemaker, John Eells, is this beautiful rusticated Apple made as a prototype for the CORPS '01 Pipe marked as #1. I promised the gentleman I purchased it from that I would dedicate my first smoke in this pipe to him so John I'm keeping it smokey with some almost 11 y/o sugar flecked Esoterica Stonehaven."

"Here is a photo of me smoking this Vergin Cutty, with blue-black accent ring and Ivory colored stem by Growley and not Batson as I erroneously posted, sincere apologies to Mr. G Rowley as it's a fine pipe."

(Cutty)"Made by Hermann Hennen of Germany...It certainly is doing a great job of keeping it smokey with the last of this tin of F&T Cut Virginia Plug."

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
"This is the very first RCH Signature Edition pipe, issued in 2001. It was the first pipe to be officially sanctioned and designed by the author, utilizing very old briar bowls discovered at the Charatan factory in England. The shape is a classic Group 4 saddle bit billiard, sandblasted with a “pre-war” deep double-blast. The bruyére-finished pipe is enhanced by a silver band embossed with the RCH pipe-signature logo, the author uses to sign his books. Additional features include a tapered rim for easy loading and gently curved “button” on the handcut vulcanite mouthpiece to keep smoke away from the tongue. The bottom of the shank, stamped “Richard Carleton Hacker - Signature Edition 2001” is flat so the pipe can stand on its own. Less than 250 were made, so if you find one, grab it."

"Pipemaker, Philip Trypsis, was originally from Greece where he learned to make pipes from his father and grandfather. He moved to Canada and began making pipes there. This Trypsis Poker/Sitter is part smooth and part rusticated although not rusticated in the normal way it appears a power tool of some sort was used, a black acrylic accent leads to an amber colored stem. Keeping it smokey with some Villager 1888 After Dinner flakes."

"The Doodler was made by the late US Pipemaker, Tracy Mincer. It was an innovative idea to make a radiator type pipe which would draw heat away and allow for a cooler smoke. Keeping it smokey with some Villiagers 1888 After Dinner flakes."

"Keeping it smokey with more of the Villiager 1888 After Dinner flakes in the Savinelli De Luxe Milano."

"Up next is the thick walled Radice Rind with carved shank to look like bamboo, while I normally follow a Radice with an Ascorti pipe I don't have one so you'll have to settle for a total eclipse of the sun. :) Keeping it smokey with some Villiager 1888 After Dinner."

"From the bench of the late Pipemaker, John Calich, of Canada comes this early Grade 12 gnarly Billiard with a very ornate silver band. Keeping it smokey with more of the Villiager 1888 After Dinner flakes."

"US Pipemaker, Micoli or Mic as he is called, is the maker of this Billiard ard shape that is partially rusticated using a Dremel, the accent is acrylic. Keeping it smokey with the last dregs of F&T Cut Virginia Plug."

"A beautiful Dublin I'll be getting soon by Pipemaker Sean Reum."

"Abi Natur is a Pipemaker from Greece and he's done a lovely job with this Olivewood Lovat Egg with Saddle Cumberland stem. Keeping it smokey with some F&T Cut Virginia Plug."

"US Pipemaker, Nate King, pulled out all the stops on this Olivewood pipe taking full advantage of the grain.
The top and bottom of the body are egg shaped, it's a stretched out Dublin Sitter with a scallop in the back of the bowl on either side of the shank, and a nicely cut stem. Keeping it smokey with more of the F&T Cut Virginia Plug."

Status
Not open for further replies.