PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
When you're ready to smoke other pipes it would be cool if you took some photos of this pipe while it sat in the rack to show if the color fades during inactivity
That’s a good idea. I’ll keep ya posted if I rest it for an extended period. I was sick for a week in Jan and didnt smoke for 4 days. If anything the coloring seemed to pop more after the rest.

Reactions: seanv
Jun 23, 2019
Right at around 200 smokes. Again, I'm not a professional photographer but these photos were taken in the same manner and place as before. View attachment 287753View attachment 287754View attachment 287755View attachment 287757View attachment 287758View attachment 287759View attachment 287763

It's coloring in a very similar fashion to my Tekin that's a similar shape. The static-like pattern should be really interesting once you get into that dark brown/black phase.

Reactions: LeafErikson

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
It's coloring in a very similar fashion to my Tekin that's a similar shape. The static-like pattern should be really interesting once you get into that dark brown/black phase.
I think it’s kind’ve Tekin’s signature shape. It’s an absolutely fantastic smoker. I’d love to see a pic of that Tekin you have if you feel so inclined.

Reactions: lukasstrifeson

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
I have to get to work on this IMP Rusticated bent Apple - I might get a coloring bowl to try them out on this one

I see SP is carryng them;
I recently finished an experiment where I put 250 bowls through a new meer using a coloring bowl from day one. It definitely evened out the coloring. After I started smoking it without the coloring bowl the pipe started darkening more at the shank, as has usually been the case with my meers.

The coloring bowl is a bit of a hassle but you do get the calabash effect when using one.