PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncleblackie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2014
I predict the NFL and Roger Goodell will rake in millions and millions of dollars, while not paying their share of taxes, because obviously, they are a non-profit organization. Nothing more American than that. Meanwhile, the average NFL fan will march along, excited to watch an expensive beer commercial and happily dumping their meager earnings into this "non-profit" endeavor.
Onward to our doom!

4noggins

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2013
I think it will be a great game. Two of the best offenses and defenses. Great players to watch on both sides.
Pats 27 - Seahawks 20
Rich

4noggins.com
By the way......couldn't care less about the commercials or the half time show. Just watch it for the football.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
2ivloph.jpg
:puffy:

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I love Super Bowl Sunday but I really don't like the Football Night in America pregame. I don't mind Al Michaels but I can't stand Collinsworth, Patrick and Dungy. 8O

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
THE FIRST SUPERBOWL COMMERCIAL IS HERE....
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153157734490809

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
As of 11:15 EST, the odds makers have it almost even, with Pats by a whisker. So if it lives up to its billing,

it should be a pitched battle. If not, and with the back stories, football could lose fans this evening.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Golly, gee whizzzz! There are a lot of people on the forum who really hate it when others are successful!

It's a game! Some are going to go overboard and others will ignore it, but to resent other people's success . . . I just don't understand it. Envy? Jealousy? Whichever it is always amusing to see.
I think Brady just might get that additional ring. That will indisputably put him up there with the finest. It's all about the rings. It's who can finish a season. All other stats are meaningless to me. Championships are the true measure of greatness in sports.
Brady needs a few more championships to get up there with Otto.

Jun 4, 2014
It is a little know fact that besides predicting weather ground hogs also predict the winner of the Super Bowl. Early this morning we made the trip to lair of the third most famous ground hog in PA, Super Bowl Bob. If Bob saw his shadow the Seahawks would win, if he didn't it would be a win for the Patriots. Being it was 5:30 AM the sun was not up and we all wanted to go to breakfast Bob didn't see his shadow and so he says it will be a win for the Patriots and six more weeks of winter.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
if I watch it this year, it will be on mute.
listening to chris collinsworth for 3+ hours could almost make a somewhat sane person crave an enema.
8O

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Back in the day it meant I'd be asleep/passed out by halftime from listening to the likes of Madden and endorsing the sponsor.

Nowadays, it means I'm asleep before it even starts because it's way passed my bedtime.

Football is or should be headed the way of the dodo.

The only reason it is tolerated is the economy of it.

It provides a nationwide spectacle exceeded only by its hype, a benefit to media types.

I can see the obvious athletic talent and appreciate that for what it is, but I ponder its violence and our acceptance of it and it seems analogous to the Roman Coliseum.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Not a huge football fan but am hoping for the Patriots to win. Will step out and smoke a bowl of Billy Budd during the halftime show.

vfefrenzy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 4, 2014
It's all about the rings. It's who can finish a season. All other stats are meaningless to me. Championships are the true measure of greatness in sports.
So Charles Haley is the greatest player in NFL history then. He has 5 rings, more than anyone else.
And I guess Dan Marino is no better than Blaine Gabbert since in the only stat that matters they are even. Hell, I guess I'm just as good as Marino since we have the same meaningful stat line.
Championships are the mark of a great team, but don't define a great player.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Jim Brown for sure. No one was more dominant on the ground, ever. Using him as a standard for backs is not fair to his successors. Like Babe Ruth. Like Rod Laver. Like Bobby Jones. Like Bill Russell.

I think Emmit Smith gets a look as one who used power in a similar fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.