PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Butler deserves a medal! Unbelievable. Thought for sure Seattle would have had Beast Mode punch through, but so glad they didn't.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Love to see a close game, but man that will go down in history.
I can't wait to see the Sherman .gifs in the next couple of days

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/3F8285DF321173871264302292992_378cb7a76ff.1.5.11035188731300354407.mp4?versionId=wxx5qdpaVYi9CljMfzLll5CUR1rFo68O

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Weird but good game. Halftime, the usual turkey; mostly I ate in another room.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
So the team accused of cheating wins the game. What a great league the NFL is lol. Just glad I didn't waste a minute of my life on that event. Instead I watched the Puppy Bowl, no cheaters there, and watched a few more episodes of Marco Polo.

vfefrenzy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 4, 2014
@trailboss : not just the worst Super Bowl call of all time, but the worst play call in any game ever. You can't get worse without willfully throwing the game. Some plays are awful in hindsight, but that call was amazingly awful regardless of what happened. There isn't a better back in that situation in the known universe than Marshawn Lynch. There is no downside to giving him the ball. You know who agrees with me? The greatest football coach of all-time, Gen. Robert Neyland. He said, "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." And the General never had Beast Mode.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Brian, do you think poor play calls are part of a conspiracy? I don't.....too many moving pieces.
But then again I don't gamble and have zero "stake" in the game.
No, not generally speaking...and I was not implying that specifically. Actually, I would think poor play calls would be one of the less likely ways to "fix" a game, but then again it could happen.
I haven't watched any sports in years and didn't watch the game today...and I don't gamble either. But I have heard a couple of interviews with the author from that site, and IMO, he makes a compelling case...and he's not the only one that's made it. But unlike most people, the idea that some or even most of professional sports may be "fixed" is something that would not surprise me in the least...so I guess I'm predisposed to think along those lines to begin with.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
x0p3ix.jpg

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I had no idea there were so many unemployed NFL class coaches on this forum!
Two Super Bowl teams in two years? Coach Carroll cinched a raise. He's golden! He's not yet at Belichick's level but, he sure as hell in getting there in relatively short period of time.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Unbelievable... my team loses by not doing the one thing that has got them to where they are the last several seasons. They're a run first offense and with 1 yard to go and 3 plays and you throw a INT. Ouch!!! I will go to my grave knowing that Seattle should have been back to back Super Bowl Champions. Talk about choking! I still can't believe it. I'm so upset right now and will be for a long time. Heck, I'm still upset that we got screwed in SB 40. To make things worse we lost to the Patriots. I can't stand the Patriots. The only teams I hate more are San Francisco and Dallas. Horrible horrible play call. To all the Patriot fans out there... give Darrel Bevell a huge Thank You card because he pretty much gift wrapped you a victory with that play call. :crying:

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I just awoke and found out what happened, pretty much. My first impression is that it does seem risky and ill advised to pass attempt with a running game like the 'hawks have at the one yard line and the game on the line.

The idea was likely that no one would expect that. One yard. That's a close game right there.

seagullplayer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2014
Indiana
That lucky catch that got them to that position to start with was one in a million.

It was just luck that they even had the option to run and chose not to take it.
Sea Hawks fans will complain about that call for the next year, but it was a good super bowl nun the less.
It would have been a lot better for me if I was a fan of either team.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Otto Graham I believe has the most championships. The Super Bowl is simply the NFL Championship game with a different name. For a few year it was a game between two different leagues. Now, it's simply a highly, some say over hyped, hyped NFL Championship game usually played between teams who have already met during the season.
I was speaking only to QBs. Graham as seven championships over two leagues. Starr has five. I'm a results oriented guy. There's "great" and there is "the greatest ever." Then, of course, there are the "greatest of his era" and "greatest I've ever seen," etc. etc.
These types of discussions should actually only be held in smelly, smoke filled, sports bars, me thinks. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.