Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I received mine yesterday. It looks decent. It's a bit tough to pass a pipe cleaner though as the hole inside the mortise is higher up than the hole at the end of the tenon. Also the mortise is a bit deeper than the tenon. I'm not complaining as it was $20 but just thought I'd mention what I've found with mine.
The mortise being deeper than the tenon isn't anywhere as bad as it is on my Peterson Rosslare Royal Irish.
I'll be smoking it tonight.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
My poker should arrive tomorrow. I'm glad to have kept my PAD to the one pipe.
As piffyr said, cheap pipes are starting to get expensive! :puffy:
jay-roger.jpg

theloniousmonkfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2017
Anthony, looking forward to seeing your work on whichever one is deemed most "problematic". I was picking up a couple pounds of tobacco and ended up with the 245 and 190, both sitters and like the 191, Eltang designs. According to tracking my package made it to town the other day then went on a road trip, waiting to see what's next.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Wow Anthony, those pipes look much better than they did on P&C’s website. They need a new photographer. Now I wish I would have gotten that bent bulldog shape, that really is nice and for under 10 bones you got a couple of damn good shop pipes there. Like I said before, I Love Stanwell as I think they offer some of the best prices for the quality. I don’t think I’ve spent over $60 for any of the Stanwell’s I own.
Anyway, I ordered my pipe Monday night and it arrived today!!! Fastest shipping I’ve had from P&C.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Got my 245 Poker today. Having trouble getting a decent photo, but my first impression is good.
stanwell-245-600x337.jpg

Smaller and lighter than I imagined, neither of which is a bad thing.
Appears to be drilled precisely. Chamber size and shape looks well suited for the eventual flake duty.
Rainy day expected tomorrow. Maybe I'll get bored enough to figure out the photo lighting.
jay-roger.jpg

theloniousmonkfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2017
Nice one, Dave, went back to grab one of those too but they were sold out. This 245 arrived today. Rather trim and really light. I'll get to fine tuning the button and bending the stem later, the first bowl was nice enough it's getting packed again. First Italian Stanwell and I like it, bowl stayed cool and the stem has an open draw, draught at bowl is slightly tighter than my preference but smokes well, still might open it.

20171221_183422-600x337.jpg

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Got mine in today, much smaller than I had imagined as well. The airway was way to restricted for my preference (odd since my 7 other Stanwell’s are wide open) so the first thing I did was open it up to 11/64. Now it’s smoking like a champ. I stuffed it full of some Bayou Morning and got a good 45 minute smoke out of it. This is just what I was looking for, something with a small narrow chamber as my collection is filled with large chambered pipes and short and squat chambers for the most part and I wanted one for my short straight VA/VaPer smokes.
Now, let’s try this again! I’m not going to buy one single pipe in 2018... unless I come across a sale for $9.99 Ardor pipes, in that case I may just have to buy one.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Mine came yesterday. ^^^^^^^^Grey Fills "Heard" in the chamber. Whether they are soft or not I don't know. Smoked a Bowl of Haunted Bookshop. Used pipemud to fill a few charred chips on the inside chamber wall. Over all a beautiful pipe for $19.99, And smokes like a champ.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
After reading the positive comments here, I decided to pull the trigger on the straight bulldog. I have always wanted that shape and figured that $19.99 was too good of a deal to pass up. I am kind of hoping to still find this deal at the end of the month because I see a couple of other shapes I would not mind having.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
A friend of mine found a killer deal on Red Ryder BB guns, bought a dozen and handed them out to the kids in the 'hood. Mayhem ensued, but he had done nothing illegal, so he was GTG.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Dude...there's nothing scarier than punk hoodlums with pipes & BB guns smoking CPG.

Status
Not open for further replies.