PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2014
wv
Thanks for the heads up Weed.
I nabbed a bent dublin 405 and fat rim rhodie 95 for $40. That’s a steal.
Hey Piffyr, are you planning on making a “brushed rustic” ?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Still a no go for me. Still showing $49, but won't ever do facebook. Great grabs everyone.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Dan, I'm not taking an anti-filter stance. I have several 6mm Sav's, and a 9mm Luca Vanetti, that I enjoy (without filters). But when cleaning time comes around, I find the 9mm's a bit more of a PITA to get squeaky clean. (The 6mm's are only a little better.) This is something I'd just rather not deal with; and if others feel the same way, then I thought a heads-up might be appreciated.

brightleaf

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2017
chasingembers Still a no go for me. Still showing $49, but won't ever do facebook. Great grabs everyone.
I am not getting the deal either. I guess it is facebook exclusive.

piffyr

Apr 24, 2015
Hey Piffyr, are you planning on making a “brushed rustic” ?

We'll see for sure when they get here, but yeah, something like that. The preservationist in me says that one of them has to remain original, but the shackles are off with the other. Which is which is still to be determined.

brightleaf

Sep 4, 2017
I F5ed on every link. Do you know what else I can do?
Wait, I got it.
Instead of using Firefox I tried the link in Chrome.

Thanks for pushing me on to keep trying ben88.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
In these situations, perhaps it's best to get on the phone and simply ask if that deal is still available. PC prices on Stanwells are excellent, even if the $19 price has elapsed. PC somewhat has the edge on the new Stanwell market. For newbies, I'd reassure them that there aren't Stanwell seconds. You're getting a quality pipe at whatever price. Likewise, though I do admire the Danish-made pipe from years past, I have found the Italian made pipes high quality. I have four, and no complaints.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
But when cleaning time comes around, I find the 9mm's a bit more of a PITA to get squeaky clean.
That's for certain. I end up using gun bore mops and alcohol.
PC somewhat has the edge on the new Stanwell market.
Since P&C's owner, STG also owns the Stanwell brand, yes, that's true.

I have quite a few Danish Stanwells, and two of the Italian-made Stanwells. The Italian pipes are very nice and smoke just fine, they are just missing that intangible quality that came from pipes designed by Danes, made hand-in-glove with the Danish factory, by actual Danish pipemakers. Call me a romantic old fool.

randelli

Nov 21, 2015
Thanks for the link - I just bought a 405 bent dublin FROM my secret santa haha! This will be my first Stanwell so I am pretty excited to try it out...

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
Maybe they now have an intangible quality that comes from pipes designed by Danes, made hand-in-glove with the Italian factory, by actual Italian pipemakers?

ben88

Lifer
Jun 5, 2015
Quebec
n these situations, perhaps it's best to get on the phone and simply ask if that deal is still available
I did. Rep told me that it's an "email special", available only certain customers.

Guess she didn't know about this sale.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
They still had 2 codes running on my inbox, so I bought 7 pipes for $105.94. Where else can you find a deal like that!? If even 2 of them smoke well and I throw 5 out, it's still a great deal.

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
Thanks for the heads up on this great deal!!
I picked up the Brushed Brown #245 Poker. I have been wanting a Poker for a while, so this was a great bargain for me. I have a brushed black Bulldog, that smokes well, so I know this one should be a solid pipe as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.