PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfduke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2012
Added five Stanwell pipes to my cart and a bonus pipe was added automatically. Not sure if this is another promo.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Received my pipes today and they are much nicer than they appear online. The pix on the site don't have enough midtone and shadow detail and they look over shapened, giving the pipes a rougher, darker (and more red) appearance than they actually have. My only complaint is that some of the fills seem to be soft and gray in color. I'll need to look at it more closely in better light tomorrow.

zerohunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2017
Picked up the 245. My first poker: lightweight and at 5 inches. And my first Stanwell! Thanks everyone.

joeman

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2016
South Carolina
At this price...snagged a 109, a 95 and an 86...and free shipping to boot. I already have a brushed brown...and it smokes as well as any of my Stans.
I bet we're going to see eBay flooded with brushed brown listings in January...priced ever so slightly higher.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I bet we're going to see eBay flooded with brushed brown listings in January...priced ever so slightly higher.
HA!
I was trying to justify buying more that just the two pipes with exactly that rationale "I can resell them on eBay if I don't like them/feel guilty about buying them/come to my senses". Then I woke up and realized that 16 dozen other people were thinking the same exact thing, at the same exact moment.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Well shit, I was so proud of myself for going all of 2017 without buying a pipe but for this price, I couldn't pass it up and with the $10 off coupon code I just got me a billiard shape 190 for 10 bucks (13 shipped). Can't thank you enough for sharing that link! Wow! Put me in back in the love P&C camp (once I receive the pipe, of course).'
This will be my 8th Stanwell in my collection. I'm a Stanwell fanboy (yes, even the new Italian Stannies).
Merry freakin' Christmas!

piffyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2015
My two are still marked as processing.

Give 'em a call, Dave. Sounds like something's up. My original order was processed and shipped within 24 hours. Due to be delivered today.
I went back and picked up a 32 as well because I want to compare the shape to the 191. Now, the 11 is kind of calling my name because there aren't enough pots around piffyr's place. I hope they end this deal soon. Cheap pipes are starting to get expensive.

joeman

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2016
South Carolina
Anthony...I've "been back" about 5 times and nearly stuck another Stan or two in the cart. The 191 was nearly one of'em...but I'm still very satisfied with the smooth 191 in my collection. But...the price is still 19.99...and the day is young... 8O :roll: 8)

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
It is crazy, getting a pipe for the price of a meal. It is encouraging to read Dan was impressed with the quality, too. Looking forward to receiving mine.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Mine is supposed to be here today. I can't wait to check it out. At that price I probably should have bought several.

piffyr

Apr 24, 2015
I've "been back" about 5 times and nearly stuck another Stan or two in the cart. The 191 was nearly one of'em...but I'm still very satisfied with the smooth 191 in my collection.

Can't hurt to have more than one, Joe. The 191 is one of my favorite Stanwell shapes and one of my favorite bulldog shapes in general. The reason is that it almost isn't a bulldog; more like a ball with a diamond shank. I like crossovers that kind of strain the boundaries of shape definitions.
Speaking of 191s,..
My Brushed Browns came in today and I shot a couple of pics for anyone that might still be on the fence about them or are just curious about what they might already have in the mail...
191:
ffgKDJS.jpg

(The bottom of the bowl looks splotchy, but that has more to do my poor photography skills than it does with the pipe itself.)
403:
as6gJ2g.jpg

I'm still not a big fan of the looks of the finish, but I like the feel. The lacquer coating is a bit thick for my taste though. Both pipes are reasonably lightweight, drilled well, and will pass a cleaner without any fuss. I haven't put a match to them yet, but I see no reason why they wouldn't smoke well.
I'll tinker with mine, but that's because I have problems. For most of you guys, they'll be ready to go right out of the box with no problems. At $50, I'd say that they're a fair deal, but at $20 they're a no-brainer.

piffyr

Apr 24, 2015
My browser just reverted to $49.

If the page refreshes for whatever reason, the listing will revert back to the original price. You'll need to navigate back to the page via the link to see the sale price.

Status
Not open for further replies.