PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fordm60

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2014
Actually the OP is correct, lots of MJ smokers use a corncob pipe. The thinking is they are cheap and can be thrown away with little cost. They don't look like a MJ pipe and arouse no suspicion if found by LE during a search. I ride a HD and know lots of MJ smokers, I have no issue with them and they know it. Some have asked if they could have some baccy to cover scent. I draw the line at handing out my baccy lol!! But the OPs premise is correct and LE know about it so not sure of the efficacy of the idea.
Happy puffing to all!!

elbert

Mar 10, 2015
...I think he was rather hoping that you would be more specific. HD is Harley-Davidson?

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
...I think he was rather hoping that you would be more specific. HD is Harley-Davidson?
Damn... I'm really getting tired with all the acronyms on this site. I thought that perhaps HD referred to hemorrhoid disease, high definition, or hard drive, etc. How about we take the time and effort to spell things out every so often. As for one driving a Harley-Davidson (HD) what possible difference does that make as opposed to another make of a motor cycle? Does driving a Harley-Davidson make one more exposed to those that smoke pot in a cob? All in jest of course as I find this whole topic rather amusing. :wink:

fordm60

Dec 19, 2014
I agree with your tactical assessment of the situation elbert! But to quote the Dread Pirate Roberts, " Get used to living with disappointment." Favorite line from a movie, any guesses what movie? I do not like to provide my location on a open forum, because so very much information is taken from us by the government, insurance companies, hospitals, Department of Vetran Affairs, Law Enforcement at Federal, state, and local jurisdiction. That I pride myself on keeping sensitive information under a OPPERATIONAL SECURITY (OPSEC) sub task. Current location falls under OPSEC. As I get to know members better a PM asking the same information may not fall under my OPSEC.
Phil yes, HD is Harley Davidson. One does not drive a Harley Davidson, one or two ride a Harley Davidson. If I have to explain why it is so important to point out that I ride a Harley Davidson and not some other motorcycle, you simply will not understand the explanation. No worries Phil, I have always enjoyed your posts, and your Avitar (Lee was the man!) is squared away, I have no issue with you. Side note, have you checked out the Lee Van Cleef meerschaum pipe? It is the one he smokes in "A few dollars more" if not, do a Google search it comes up. I want one quite badly lol!!
Warren, close lol, I actually ride a High Definition, Hard Drive while suffering from Hemroid Disease, not to mention the Huge Discomfort, while eating Hot Dogs, and drinking Highly Drinkable coffee on unusually Hot Days searching for a Hot Date in order to try for some Horizontal Dancing on my Highly Desirable, Homicidally Deranged murdercycle!!
Now Warren Hows Dat one? :)

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I do not like to provide my location on a open forum, because so very much information is taken from us by the government, insurance companies, hospitals, Department of Vetran Affairs, Law Enforcement at Federal, state, and local jurisdiction.
How do you know I'm not an NSA agent who already knows your location?
To me it seems a rather paranoid approach to life on the internet, but it's your choice.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
The only comment I ever received while smoking a cob in NYC outside my office was from someone that told me she didn't think people really smoked corn cob pipes. lol
I've had a few lookers but no other comments.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Side note, have you checked out the Lee Van Cleef meerschaum pipe? It is the one he smokes in "A few dollars more" if not, do a Google search it comes up. I want one quite badly lol!!
Yep, I had one a about two years ago that I purchased from Altinok Pipes, but I since then sold it as the draw was too tight for my liking.
ZS7D5YV.jpg

fordm60

Dec 19, 2014
Phil that pipes looks sweet. But the comment on the draw being restricted worries me. Do you remember what the bore size was?

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Phil that pipes looks sweet. But the comment on the draw being restricted worries me. Do you remember what the bore size was?
I have no idea, but that's just a personal preference on my part and the draw might very well be to your satisfaction. Also keep in mind that the bowl is quite small so it's great if you like to have a pipe(s) on hand for those occasional short smokes.

mathoozula

Might Stick Around
Nov 25, 2013
I am from West Virginia; if you are going to see someone smoking a pipe, it is most likely going to be a cobb.

rfernand

Oct 2, 2015
I get curious looks while driving and enjoying a cob. They don't seem to be common in the Pacific Northwest.

smokinfireman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 17, 2015
I will smoke in public, if I have to measure off a hundred feet from a building and stand in the rain. It's my right. I usually get complements from my more handsome pipes, as I mostly smoke a cob at home. As far as the policeman, I'd politely tell him to go walk behind a supermarket at 2 am and see what weed really smells like, since he obviously doesn't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.