PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2016
sablebrush52
That would be one hell of a long wait since it's August 8th of 2018, not 2017.
I'm thinking that the e-mail was written prior to August 8th 2016, and that he was unsure as to how the rules that were going to go into effect after that date would affect him.
Someone a few months ago was posting that the owner was having personal issues that he was dealing with, and that maybe that could cause the shop to close, so that would be a more valid concern to me if it is true.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I meet Premal at the New York Pipe Show.

I forgot that I checked out his table at the show but I don't remember seeing any Exotique. Did you see any??? Back in the day he would have had a 8 foot table jam packed to eye height with the Smokers Haven Germain mixtures one full of estates and two full of meers. 8O

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
I clearly and dearly remember Kevin's review of Exotique... seems like way back in the day... but still a most enjoyable read.
Kevin's Review of Exotique
I know I read the article and straight away went out and got some... and adore/ed it! What a great smoke! The potential for its extinction saddens my heart more than other such things being caught up in the great FDA Extinction Spasm to date. (frikkin spaztoid spazmite rectal sphincters.)

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
After hearing N8 talk about Exotique like it's the best of the best. I finally broke down and bought a couple tins. I don't know why I didn't try it sooner as it's right in my wheelhouse. Whatever the hell a wheelhouse is. Is that a mobile home?
I'll be giving my opinion in a week or two when I've finished a full tin. :D

csharp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2015
@Daveinlax I did not see any tobacco. I think he only brought pipes. He said he flew in and has family in the greater NYC area.

He told me he was expecting a shipment within the next couple of months.

Status
Not open for further replies.