Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I just noticed that the only SH blend left in stock is Exotique. I don't really understand that since it should've been the first blend to be out-of-stock. It can't be much longer before Exotique is gone from his shelves, maybe forever?
I consider it to be The Finest English available today and one The Finest, bar none. I encourage anyone who's ever wanted to try it to order it now. There are those who seem convinced that it's just Margate in a tin. It isn't. It's in the same genre sure, but it most defiantly has its own flavor profile, entirely unique. I don't have any new words to describe it, but if you're a fan of English blends, you'll regret not ordering some before it's crossed of the list of available blends :(
EXOTIQUE

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
I have yet to try it and hopefully they still have it on the 1st.

oldtoby

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 7, 2011
Definitely a blend unto it's own with a very distinct flavor profile.
Well worth stocking up on.

Oct 7, 2016
That it is the only blend made for them by Germain that their website lists as being in stock as of this minute is a fact. Whether they will ever have any more blends made by Germain in the future, near or distant, is not known to me.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I make a concerted effort to never spread rumors... example: I've heard that Cosmic likes to wear girls panties vs I've seen Cosmic fleeing The Briary while wearing girls panties.

One of those statements in a direct observation while one is simply spreading rumors :)

okiebrad

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 13, 2016
Exotique has been the only one available for several weeks now. I was hoping for a restock. I guess we shall see.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
I am not sure what the OP's panic is about. I have neither seen nor heard anything to suggest Exotique is going away. Sure, Smoker's Haven is out of stock for the other blends, but that is not shocking. Mr. Chheda will, no doubt, be grateful for the drummed up business, though.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Are you aware of the gap in time between this current supply and the one before that? No offense to Premal, but drumming up business is something I couldn't care less about.
And what's up with referring to me as The Op?

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
I've been holding out for some 8oz. tins, but I'm not sure we're ever going to see those again. I'll email them and see if that's in the plan.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Are you aware of the gap in time between this current supply and the one before that?
And what's up with referring to me as The Op?
N8, There is nothing at all up with me referring to you as the "OP". You simply were the OP and OP is easier to type than N8. Incidentally, Nate also takes less time to type than N8.
I am aware of the gap, but the ship did eventually come in, and I bet the next one will, too. The Smoker's Haven blends are mostly old enough that the FDA rules mean precious little them. There are other blends which once gone are really gone. I just do not see the cause for concern about Exotique.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
There is a chance that Smoker's Haven will be around for years, but gauging from how other independent blenders have been doing lately, I felt it better to er on side of caution. It's my favorite blend and see nothing wrong with ringing the warning bell. I relish "I told you so" moments so please, ignore my warning :)
ps. I apologize for taking your time with my name. You'll notice I did not ;)

csharp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2015
I meet Premal at the New York Pipe Show. I wish I had taken notes on this subject but it did come up. The last shipment of

Exotique was larger then usual. It is an anomaly to have just that in stock. The demand for it is high there were just less of the other tins this go around. Out of stock seems almost normal now but demand builds up and when the tobacco comes in it goes out of stock quickly. He did not have Best Blend for a long time and when he did he was slammed with orders, He was weeks behind filling them. He is anticipating another shipment in a couple of months. We are still waiting on a shipment of the fabled Krumble Kake. All this said we live in uncertain times better safe then sorry.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
FYI, the last email I received from from Premal... seems he's more concerned than you are.
Hello Nate,
Sorry, I am all sold out of Our Best Blend. Just a heads up, I am also going to run out of Exotique and the other blends soon. I may or may not get a re-stock before the FDA ruling goes into effect August 8th. I am so sorry for the delay. I have been shipping non-stop and I am a one man team. Thank you so much for your support and patience. Your package is ready to go out now and I am emailing the shipping confirmation with tracking to you. Enjoy!
Best Regards,

Premal Chheda
Smokers' Haven

7919 Station St.

Columbus, Ohio 43235

USA

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Still don't understand why his blends would be affected by FDA regs. Haven't they been on the market for ages? Often out of stock but still "on the market".

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
There is a chance that Smoker's Haven will be around for years, but gauging from how other independent blenders have been doing lately, I felt it better to er on side of caution. It's my favorite blend and see nothing wrong with ringing the warning bell. I relish "I told you so" moments so please, ignore my warning [:)]
ps. I apologize for taking your time with my name. You'll notice I did not [;)]
Whatever is the point regarding names, titles, and honorifics I gladly concede it.
As to your ringing the warning bell, I perceive more a shout of "Fire" in a crowded auditorium. My apologies for the difference in perception. I hope you are wrong, but I will have no problem tipping my cap to you if your prediction is correct.
I asked awhile back about those and he said they won't be getting them again.
This pertains only to the 8oz tins, correct?

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I'll wait for someone else to chime in as to why, but I can't imagine Premal would've made such a mistake if FDA wouldn't effect him. He seems pretty certain. Perhaps it has to do with Germain? I dunno, but I believe my concern over Exotiques extinction is sadly VERY valid. I wouldn't have posted otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.