PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
you obviously have no sympathy for the grief my family has endured for the past ten years.
Seriously, daveinlax. What is wrong with you?
I'm an attorney who works in this space sometimes, largely as pro bono counsel to domestic violence petitioners. More or less WHENEVER the government gets involved with families, there is only heartache. And the numbers of times the government makes it worse or gets it wrong, and the magnitude of the damage done beggar description.
For you to make the kind of comments to chasingembers that you did -- mocking his trouble, implying -- I'm not even sure WHAT -- evil about him as a dad, that is EXACTLY what I was talking about above when I said I have to wonder if folks hereabouts would make some of these comments man-to-man.
Dave, if you have an ounce of honor, you'd apologize for what I hope was merely thoughtlessness. (Because if you really considered those comments and made them anyway, that is pretty damned despicable.)

Nope, this has gotten too... personal and "touchy." I would advise anyone (everyone) not to disclose too much personal family matters, especially if it is going to be sensitive. This was not even in the OP's genre. Sure, sure, post personal stuff, but not sensitive stuff. 90% of our member are anonymous posters, and we cannot hold anyone liable for things like that.
So, I declare it "off the rails."

Status
Not open for further replies.