PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
Thanks for the kudos!
@jeep: I'd call that a CASTLE, not a pipe rack! Very nice!!!
@irish: Yes, sir. I've travelled around a bit...mostly in the east. :puffpipe:

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I use to be able to burn the bell off the horn, but don't play much anymore, as it's a cultural waste land around here, people only care about sports and NASCAR

rangerearthpig

Jan 5, 2014
I played the trumpet, as well. Eventually graduated to a baritone. And....for whatever it's worth....I hate NASCAR. :D Kudos on a beautiful pipe collection.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Thanks, the pipes in the small rack on the right are my Grandfathers which I got back from my older brother who had them for the last 50 years. I told him that I wondered what happened to them, and he said, " I have them in my basement, it was the only thing I bought at the Estate Auction"

rangerearthpig

Jan 5, 2014
Wow. I'd give anything to have the pipes from my family. Dad smoked a pipe, my grandfather, great grandfather, etc. I don't have a clue where the pipes all went. You're a lucky man. Cherish them and the memories.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
We're still clearing out the sunroom and "discussing" the removal of the hot-tub.
BUT, I have gotten a few cool things to add to my "Smoking Room" - pictures when they arrive, but I'm expecting my completely restored 1942 Bakelite telephone, a Parker Dunhill Lighter and a Ronson Striker Table Lighter (like the one in the Maltese Falcon).
My wife brought home material samples for the recovering of the Morris Chair - for some reason I've decided against leather, but could possibly still change my mind . . . things are progressing.

kokopiper

Lurker
Feb 4, 2014
First post!
here is my stache (pun intended). in school so I would rather spend my small funds on baccy instead of racks, so I put one together out of cardboard. tried to make it less ugly with some duck tape - not sure if it made it worse, lol.
it's hard to see, but I have a huge 3" freehand i made a couple years ago in there.
snuff collection in a little box, top left.
cigar humidor not in the photo.
I will say, they cardboard is ugly, but it have me a degree of customization for the different sized pipes that I have that was super convenient. I would highly suggest for poor guys and students.
IMG_20140205_135515_zpsb30a03c3.jpg
[/url][/img]

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Great job purplemotoman! Well thought out. I have outgrown my original 25 pipe rack. I have fought it over the space designed by the company who made it. Wide pipes and goose necks cannot share space with standard pipes. I really like what you have done. You have clearly put a great deal of thought to it. If you do not mind,I am going to copy your rack and enclose it as you plan on doing. Great design, great craftsmanship!

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I do! I have a home studio set up, and I record my own projects. I have a pair of Rokit5's, my room is smallish so they work fine.
(Sorry for the thread hijack, back to racks...)

Status
Not open for further replies.