PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Finally got a pipe cabinet.
Here's the top half where I have my racks on the shelves.
an-iphone-album-021-448x600.jpg

Here's the bottom wood door cabinets that I store my tins and mason jars in.
an-iphone-album-022-448x600.jpg

jfox520

Part of the Furniture Now
May 24, 2013
My daughter's fiancé has made me this cabinet. They are delivering it in two weeks. I can not wait.

jfox520

May 24, 2013
Thanks. He did a great job. He has a company that he create cabinets for people. Kind of like the stuff for closets, but he makes whole units for media centers and computer desk and just about anything. He did a unit for Yogurt machines the other day. I love the cedar lined draws.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
@jfox. That is awesome!
Here's some updated pics of mine. The cellar is coming along, slowly but surely.

image253-453x600.jpg

The jars on the black shelf are the ones available for smoking.

image254-413x600.jpg

image252-600x532.jpg

PS, Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics!

morton

May 3, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Here is a picture (hopefully) of my new pipe cabinet. I waited nearly a year for it, with pipes scattered about the house on various racks. Not all my pipes are in it so will have to thin the herd, I'm afraid.
IMG_0266_zps2b3d7955.jpg

morton

May 3, 2012
It has two glass doors in front but the glare wouldn't allow me the luxury of closing them and taking a photo. I'm pleased with the work and it looks really nice where it is. Its free standing against the wall, i had to install a cleat which holds it up.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Morton, Petes, and Purple, I am VERY impressed.
Dan - I am still using your schematic to build a rack but just can't find the time.
Purple - what is the material that you have in the circles where your bowls rest? It almost looks like anti-slip pad that you use when routering.
Cheers,
Dan

morton

May 3, 2012
Yeah, Ruger414, it was either collect pipes and tobacco or chase women. Being as the lady I have now would strongly disapprove of me chasing women, I wisely chose to collect pipes and tobacco. This is an old picture of my tobacco cabinet
IMG_01291_zps5a97ce69.jpg
I've added another 30 or so pounds in tins and bulk jars and taken a page from Harris' book of tobacco storage by storing them all in containers put away out of sight except the ones that I have open in small canning jars that I'm smoking.

larrylegend

Lurker
Jan 3, 2014
I enjoy seeing how everyone adapts the spaces they have available to store their pipes and tobacco. There are some beautiful cabinets that give me some good ides once I have a few more pipes to store.

Status
Not open for further replies.