PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
+1 For food grade shrink tubing. Yachtexplorer, Using Google I found several sites but what is the best site to purchase it ?

wagnon85

Might Stick Around
Apr 25, 2010
Count that as a fourth request for a reliable source of food safe heat shrink tubing! hehe
I use pipe bits on all my pipes, and am fine with them, though on a few of my smaller pipes it was a constant battle to keep the stem from slipping out of the bit while in my mouth. And I had it pop off and into my mouth a few times, almost choking on it! hehe Not exactly a relaxing trip to the deck with my pipe.
I ended up getting some 3/8" black latex tubing and cutting my own for the smaller ones...they work fine but they do have a ridge on the cut edges that is kind of uncomfortable on the tongue...the heat shrink might do the trick!

timely

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 23, 2012
I use them on all of my pipes. I tend to clench on my stems and they help in keeping teeth marks off. I also clean them after every bowl.

vabriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 24, 2012
I just tried the softies for the first time 2 weeks ago and love them. I will probably end up putting them on most of my pipes.

fireman03

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
I just tried them on mine, and so far I don't like them. They just feel weird to me.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
i love them, use them on all my stems. however i always modify them. slice off the thicker part and just use the thin area. saves the stem,teeth and doesnt give that chunky feel that alot are no happy with.

strongirish

Can't Leave
Aug 20, 2010
Lake Conroe, TX
I have used them on all my pipes for over 45 years. I buy them on ebay 100 at a time. I have never bittne through a stem nor have i even put a tooth mark on a pipe. I have all crowns on my teeth and they make it much more comfortable to bite. I am a clencher as I use my hands in my restoration work. If the bite is too thick on the pipe then I sell it. There are too many good pipes that they work fine on. some advise, do not buy the chinese made ones, they don't last long and they are slicker than a good with the flue. Can't keep them on the pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.