PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Welcome back Nathaniel...
I believe Lawrence's life got hectic due to dealing with a loved ones health condition and possibly a new job. Uncle on the other hand had some issues that I don't no enough to comment other than to say there were a few member weren't happy with him. I'd love to see Lawrence and Cortez back as regulars. Now not take anything away from the current members, we have enjoyed a great group of people come and go over my dozen or so year here.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I am lucky if I can remember who I am let alone the people who come and go.
Yup, there is a few members from the old days that I still remember. But not many. I can't even keep up with the new members these days. Many a member has come, and just like that they are --or were--preferred members, and I hadn't even seen their name on here once!

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I just remember the fellow who kept suggesting one should rub 'Dead Sea Salt' on your O Ring and who loved his BIC lighters who hailed from the Middle East - Taja or something like that? There was Mr Lower Case whose posts I loved but who I sadly fell out with over the relaunch of War Horse Bar since it did not tick all his boxes and expectations. Star Cat was another amazing poster. I am sure I could dredge up more if I put my mind to it.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
While both could have used a little restraint I liked them
Social skills and adult-like filters would be my observation. But, jousting with them, with the written word, was indeed stimulating and fun. But, Brobs tended to take any dissent personally and fire off barbs without a care about fall out. Kevin and the mods bent over backwards for him but, he just couldn't handle any argument or or debate over some rather hysterical statements he'd write. Still, he often provided an entire evening of entertainment.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
There was the fellow who had a love of Royal Yacht whose name escapes me - he was pretty amusing. There was the fellow with the Stalin avatar who was different. So many characters who have sadly moved on - @foggy mountain and the wonderful chap @fishandbanjo who recently passed away who was always keeping it 'smokey' whose posts were wonderful. Brobs was personally a very interesting chap who I traded some tobacco with over time and whose comments could light up a minor diplomatic incident.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
While both could have used a little restraint I liked them more than the diplomatic, political, passive aggressive types they often got in conflict with.
What you're interpreting as "diplomatic, political, passive aggressive" is probably just people trying to keep from getting banned. After all, you see what happened to BROBS and the Funkmeister.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Does anyone remember @npod ? I have not seen him around for ages. I always found the explanation of how he got his name 'npod' rather amusing. Huntertrw was another from Mr. Embers list that I had completely gone and forgotten about as well as jitterbug dude. One or two of them popped up at that sewer of pyroflatulence also known as My Pipe Club for a while before someone offended them. In fact Brobs would have loved that place since it would have been impossible for him to get sent off on gardening leave since it did not have a very strong 'Mod' culture!

Reactions: OzPiper

TheWhale13

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 12, 2021
Sweden
I've wondered before about what happened to Uncle Arthur after looking at old threads. I always assumed he died, but I am more dissapointed to hear that he was just dishonest. I didn't know him at all since I wasn't on the forum back then so I'm not bothered about it, but it was different from what I imagined happened.

Does anyone remember @npod ? I have not seen him around for ages. I always found the explanation of how he got his name 'npod' rather amusing. Huntertrw was another from Mr. Embers list that I had completely gone and forgotten about as well as jitterbug dude. One or two of them popped up at that sewer of pyroflatulence also known as My Pipe Club for a while before someone offended them. In fact Brobs would have loved that place since it would have been impossible for him to get sent off on gardening leave since it did not have a very strong 'Mod' culture!
He comes here occasionally- Spends more time on Instagram

Reactions: npod

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I have made a few life long friends on here like Weezell, Woodsroad, Papipe, Ashdigger, Jim Inks. I've met and enjoyed the company of Jesse, Hoosierpipeguy (Chairman on the Board), Russ and I'll be seeing Simong in the next few weeks. There are so many more too numerous to mention. I can honestly say that if this place didn't exist I would have a fecking great hole in my life. Lord I must be a sad individual without a life but Kevin has provided the best play ground ever!