Now It's Cricket Pasta/Pizza/Pancakes etc.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
"The United Nations Food and Agricultural Organization cited insects as being an invaluable and nutritional food source in the coming decades as the world population continues to increase..." They say it tastes like chicken.

OverMountain

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
Western Caccalack Hinterlands
I do not. I abstain from a very great deal of what the powers that be claim is approved for human consumption. The insect stuff is just the latest of their bullshit that I'll say hell no to. Whatever anyone else chooses to do is their business. Unlike these so-called elite, I believe in freedom of choice for everyone. What they've been doing such as to the Dutch farmers is a crime against humanity and against nature IMO...based on fraud and deceit.
The difference now compared to other moments in history is the CONTROL exerted over the food production and distribution chain which is “carbon intensive”.

In generations past, people lived closer to their food or grew/hunted it themselves. This isn’t a good problem, it’s a control problem about food.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I won't be watching that video. It's nauseating enough just looking at the screen shot there.
My same, retching, reaction.

But we're probably in the minority. Decades of zombie movies have normalised grossness in the collective mind. With all the pestilence people have filled their minds with by now, filling their bellies with dirt and shit is only the natural conclusion of the whole process.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Decades of zombie movies? View attachment 232447
Most of those people are now dead, and lots of them believed quite ludicrous mythos and followed quite gruesome practices.

The point stands: for over a century there has been a cultic debasing of beauty and parallel glorification of ugliness. The current movies are just a later stage of the movement that lionised the vomit-looking "pantings" of Pollock and previously the ugliness of Dada.

Required reading:

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I can't help but wonder if those who are promoting eating crickets/grasshoppers and the like would consider eating cockroaches?

They're juicy going by their large bodies and I know they're crunchy as many years ago I lived in a flat in Sheffield that was infested with the blighters and when trodden on they 'crunched'.

So, cockroach fritters anyone?

Regards,

Jay.

Reactions: JOHN72

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
It's all a crazy conspiracy theory, until it's not.
View attachment 232451
We need a good reset instead.

The+Good+Reset+200.jpg

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
From what I've read, there are over 100 uncontacted tribes in the world. I guess the Israelites from Leviticus 11:22 followed gruesome practices and believed quite ludicrous mythos, so God blessed off on eating the creepy crawlies... because they were desensitized from the grossness (not my belief), too many zombie movies.

Reactions: JOHN72

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Decades of zombie movies? View attachment 232447
It's one thing when it's been an established part of a culture for a long time. It's something else altogether when it's being artificially imposed upon a culture for bullshit reasons as part of an overarching agenda to fundamentally alter our way of life for nothing other than purposes of control and manipulation.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
It's one thing when it's been an established part of a culture for a long time. It's something else altogether when it's being artificially imposed upon a culture for bullshit reasons as part of an overarching agenda to fundamentally alter our way of life for nothing other than purposes of control and manipulation.
I agree

Kobold

Lifer
Feb 2, 2022
Maryland
I can't help but wonder if those who are promoting eating crickets/grasshoppers and the like would consider eating cockroaches?

They're juicy going by their large bodies and I know they're crunchy as many years ago I lived in a flat in Sheffield that was infested with the blighters and when trodden on they 'crunched'.

So, cockroach fritters anyone?

Regards,

Jay.
I remember they tried to promote cockroach milk as a new superfood a few years ago. So damn gross.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I'm not promoting the eating of bugs or, even lamb, perish the thought. But, I did enjoy trying the various cuisines of the places I visited. Often times it was either that or. miss a meal or two. More than once though, such fair was difficult to keep down but, I dread being "The Ugly American" when in other cultures. Some things I thought disgusting were very delectable, lamb in Georgia (the Republic of) for instance, when prepared in the style of the country. Insects were never happily enjoyed but, more often than not, were certainly edible.

Sometimes one simply should enjoy the adventure of it all when living in other cultures. I can even enjoy some fish dishes when on the East Coast. Soft shell crab is moderately palatable in Maryland. Boston clam chowder? Not so much. I've even found grits enjoyable in some places.

Status
Not open for further replies.