Now It's Cricket Pasta/Pizza/Pancakes etc.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
While I don't really have the stomach for eating bugs, the fact is we already eat many unintentionally or as part of something either as unavoidable contaminants or as ingredients that aren't fully advertised (like the shiny coating on jelly beans)
Those instances of inadvertent consumption of small quantities of insect parts is a far cry from making it a dietary staple, which is not at all proven to be non-toxic.

It's also fine and dandy for anyone who freely chooses to do so.......they can eat all the bugs they want.....but this coercion based on scientific fraud, the openly stated goal of which is to permanently replace animal protein, is criminally psychotic imo.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
It's amusing that an atheist scientific/political regime is trying to return the world to an early biblical diet. I have no problem eating them as long as they are just a part of everything else I eat and not a replacement.
I may be forgetting some other reference, but I believe John the Baptist is the only biblical story of that, and he was a special case. I don't recall it being any type of normal "biblical diet". I also seem to remember there is some controversy regarding the translation of that in John's case, but I'd have to look it up...not sure.

Reactions: JOHN72 and Zero

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Used to enjoy eating grasshoppers. It was occasional treat when I used to go to mountain hike with my father and his friends. Usually, we will stop by some Buddhist temple, and street vendors front of the temple will have some. It wasn't the taste of anything I liked. Just wanted to tell friends back at school to gross them out. But cricket? They are bottom feeders of the insect world. Fish bait. They even look gross. I know.. What's the difference from grasshoppers. Grasshoppers diet is usually grass, and they look cuter.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
Growing up with the end times scare, some people believe Rev. 13:16-17 is the prophecy of a cashless society. The Mark of the Beast will be a chip- Revelation 13:
16] And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
[17] And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.- Who knows...269619720_10160015984067193_425574002645235949_n.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: JOHN72 and brian64

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I may be forgetting some other reference, but I believe John the Baptist is the only biblical story of that, and he was a special case. I don't recall it being any type of normal "biblical diet". I also seem to remember there is some controversy regarding the translation of that in John's case, but I'd have to look it up...not sure.
Leviticus 11:22

captpat

Lifer
Dec 16, 2014
North Carolina
For decades after WW II my father would never entertain the idea of eating Oriental food (Japanese/Chinese). One day 30 years after the war my mother got him to try some, after that, it became a regular part of the diet. For those who don't think they eat insects today, I'd suggest perusing the regulations for most processed foods as they will contain a specification for the allowable amount of insect parts or whole insects per lb or oz of product (e.g., peanut butter).

BTW they are already growing meat in the laboratory, it's only a matter of time before that overtakes meat produced the traditional usual way.

Reactions: JOHN72

Kobold

Lifer
Feb 2, 2022
Maryland
For decades after WW II my father would never entertain the idea of eating Oriental food (Japanese/Chinese). One day 30 years after the war my mother got him to try some, after that, it became a regular part of the diet. For those who don't think they eat insects today, I'd suggest perusing the regulations for most processed foods as they will contain a specification for the allowable amount of insect parts or whole insects per lb or oz of product (e.g., peanut butter).

BTW they are already growing meat in the laboratory, it's only a matter of time before that overtakes meat produced the traditional usual way.
There is a huge difference between ingesting a small amount of insects that accidentally made its way into your food and replacing your main source of protein with insects. The effects of which are not being researched whatsoever.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Leviticus 11:22
I must have subconsciously blocked out that reference.

I like that it's stated as "you may eat..." rather than "you shall eat...". My reply to God on that would be, thanks but I'll abstain from that particular choice...and thank you for allowing me the choice.

My reply to the psycho hypocrite "elite" pushing this on totally false premises and trying to shut down traditional farming and ranching would be, go fuck yourself.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Most insects just don't taste good. Crickets remind me of the flavor when spitting out sunflower seed shells. Scorpions are bitter/grassy but not bad either. Ants are probably best. Worms/grubs are particularly bad. That being said, I keep this stuff on hand to enjoy with a good mezcal:

20230709_092321.jpg

20230709_092325.jpg

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014

I like that it's stated as "you may eat..." rather than "you shall eat...". My reply to God on that would be, thanks but I'll abstain from that particular choice...and thank you for allowing me the choice.

My reply to the psycho hypocrite "elite" pushing this on totally false premises and trying to shut down traditional farming and ranching would be, go fuck yourself.

It's just guidelines for healthy food, don't eat bottom feeders and such. We've been eating what the elites have told us from time immemorial. The food pyramid has been debunked and rearranged many times and who knows what all of the additives in food are really doing to us. Personally I eat just about anything but pork products.

Reactions: Zero

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Most insects just don't taste good. Crickets remind me of the flavor when spitting out sunflower seed shells. Scorpions are bitter/grassy but not bad either. Ants are probably best. Worms/grubs are particularly bad. That being said, I keep this stuff on hand to enjoy with a good mezcal:

View attachment 232380

View attachment 232381
Two more years here for our 17 year cicada barbecue.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
We've been eating what the elites have told us from time immemorial.
I do not. I abstain from a very great deal of what the powers that be claim is approved for human consumption. The insect stuff is just the latest of their bullshit that I'll say hell no to. Whatever anyone else chooses to do is their business. Unlike these so-called elite, I believe in freedom of choice for everyone. What they've been doing such as to the Dutch farmers is a crime against humanity and against nature IMO...based on fraud and deceit.

Status
Not open for further replies.