PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drsam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2011
Hello people;
New kid on the block if you can call an old sailor (75) a kid.

been smoking cigars for the past 10 or 20 yrs but recently got some pipes out of storage

and opend a fresh container of "Capitol Steps" sure tastes good.. used to smoke "Carter Hall"

and a very aromatic blend called "London Dock".
Live in a little town in Missouri pop about 2 1/2 k but we have three wineries and a brewery

within the city limits so it suits me just fine.
enough for now,,,

drsam

treebeard

Lurker
Sep 23, 2011
Hey guys! I'm quite the youngin' and relatively new to Pipe-smoking. I'm a theology major in college, with experience in Journalism. Some of my main inspirations are Chesterton and Tolkien. As far as pipes go, I love the flavor of a good aromatic, and I'm hoping I can learn more about pipes and different tobaccos.
I think classy tobacco is really the only refuge that a proper gentleman has anymore. What are commonly referred to as 'gentlemen's clubs' are usually packed with the most immature of souls. I think the basement of Nat Sherman was a place I could actually socialize, think, and intellectually breath while smoking a good pipe. Maybe it has something to do with our culture's obsession with noise, but pipes are quiet, relaxing, and just plain good.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Welcome to the forum guys, start posting away, this is a great site with lots of experienced pipe guys that can answer any question you might have.

ericocc

Lurker
Sep 26, 2011
Hey everyone. 27 year old in Indiana. I ordered my first pipe this week and I'm waiting for it to arrive. I'm sure I'll need a lot of help so I'm looking forward to the forums.

ericocc

Lurker
Sep 26, 2011
I figured I should include this. Here's the pipe I'm waiting on to arrive. It's a Savinelli Baronet Bruyere (606 EX). After looking around online it seemed like a good value for a first pipe. Any thoughts on this?
002-033-6141.jpg

jpatrick

Lurker
Sep 26, 2011
Hi guys&gals. I'm John from East Central Il. I have been lurking around for awhile and thought this seems like a nice group of people. I am member of a few other forums and known as Txpipesmoker. I don't live in Tx anymore so I thought a nick change was in order. Well I'm looking forward to meeting everyone, and joing in on some great discussions.
John

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome to all you New Members.

Looks like a quality crop for sure.

We all look forward to your questions, comments, and pictures.

Don't be shy. Just dive right in.

And, those of you who are new to pipe smoking, no one is going to ridicule those "noobie" questions.

We might poke a little fun, but we know we were all beginners once upon a time.

It's those questions that we'll all gladly offer up our two cents in an attempt to ease your entry into our shared passion.

We're glad to have you aboard!

:puffy:

PS: Don't forget to accept those Friendship Requests!

lankfordjl

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
Hi, I'm fairly new to pipe smoking. I tried some during college, about 16 years ago, but didn't know much about smoking a pipe. I've decided to try again, since there's so much information available on the Internet now. I hope to learn as much as I can. Thanks, lankfordjl

michaelray

Lurker
Sep 25, 2011
Hell Everybody! Fairly new pipe smoker here. I have been trying different blends from my local tobacconist for the last year or so and always left unsatisfied. Then i tried some Dunhill Nightcap.... totally addicted!! I also smoke cigars and cigs, love beers and whiskey! i play bass guitar and i do a little woodworking to pay the bills. Anyway, Hello to all and i look forward to enjoying the site!!!!

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
Howdy all. I discovered this place a few days ago because I was doing some research and 80% of the google searches just pointed me to this forum so I figured I may as well take the plunge and register :)I started smoking pipes early this year (not a cigarette/cigar/pipe/etc smoker at all so it was a completely new experience). I instantly fell in love with it. I got my first pipe by just going to a little store that sold them in my home town and bought a $10 pipe. I didn't care for that too much so I bought a Dr. Grabow Omega pipe which I liked much better...but not as much as some of the pipes a friend of mine has and let me try. I moved to Afghanistan as a contractor in May and didn't bring the pipes with me as I wasn't sure if I'd have anywhere to keep them or have any way of keeping the tobacco from drying out. Now that I've been here a few months I'm figuring out that my fears were completely unfounded and that makes me sad that I could have been enjoying some good bowls for the last several months. I'm going home for vacation next month and decided to make an investment in some decent pipes so I bought these:

http://www.smokingpipes.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=83319

http://www.smokingpipes.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=87463

http://www.smokingpipes.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=86934
Hopefully the links still work...the internet up here isn't real great and I can't check that site from where I currently am located. I'm excited that those will be waiting for me when I get home. As far as tobacco goes I've mainly stuck with aromatics up to this point but I think I'm going to try some Virginia flake when I get home. It sounds amazing. Anyway, thanks for being here and for all the people on here who've already provided me with tons of very useful info.

pipesmoke

Lurker
Sep 30, 2011
Helo everyone, I found this site by good luck while doing some web surfing and immediately knew I wanted to become a member. I have been a member for 1 day. I regularly read Pipes & Tobacco magazine but somehow never discovered this site. I have been smoking a pipe for 45 yrs. and enjoy it more everyday. I enjoy briar & merrschaum pipes and a variety of tobacco blends. I look forward to being part of this pipe smoking community and learning from the knowledge therein.

swmooneyham

Lurker
Sep 30, 2011
Greetings all,

I'm a 32 year old pipe smoker in Maryland. I've been somewhat dabbling in pipe smoking for the past 5 years but just recently I've started smoking more. Like many others I found this site while googling questions I had about pipes and pipe smoking. I'm not the biggest fan of the aromatic blends that I often see in jars in tobacco shops. I am however a big fan of the Virgina/English blends that come in tins. I currently own an estate GBD and an assortment of corncob pipes, and tried Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls for the first time and was quite pleased. I look forward to conversing with you all.

oldmaus

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2010
Welcome to all the latest members of a very fine forum, you are very diverse and should add a w.ide variety of viewpoints and background. Don't hesitate to jump into the conversations or start new ones!

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
Hello, My name is John and I have been enjoying tobacco for about 32 years in one form or the other, I have gone back to the pipe because I actually enjoy it, and as far as I am concerned it is good for me in more ways than one. So to all that smoke the pipe, smoke what you like and like what you smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.