PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dongreyface

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2011
Marietta, Ohio
Hello all, my name is Rick. I'm extremely new to pipe smoking(not even a month yet) so there is still a hell of a lot for me to learn, and learing I am. I've been reading about pipes heavily the last couple weeks to train and gain as much knowledge I can about it. I'm 29 amd live in southeast Ohio. Unfortunatly I don't know anyone locally that smokes a pipe and we don't have any tobacconists around here....so I'm kinda flying solo on this one. The only kind of smoking shop in our area is a chain of stores(localized chain I believe) called 'Smoker Friendly' and it has become abundantly clear that even after just a few short weeks, I already know more about pipe smoking that all 3 of the stores in my area. So I'm sure I will have loads of questions for any and everyone here as I try to further understand the art of pipe smoking. And as you can probably tell, I can be very long winded at times so I'm going to leave it at that. Great to be here and I look forward to meeting new people and learing about pipe smoking. Cheers.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Hi everyone. My screen name is Lawrence but, my real name is Pstlpkr... I don't post too often, I mostly lurk. I only have about 6,360 posts. Thought it about time I introduced myself.

I'm kind of new to pipe smoking, when compared to my Dad. I've only been smoking a pipe for.... oh 35 years of so... Like most new members I'm a little shy. But, my shrink told me to have a martini, and a bowl of 1Q, and I should have no trouble coming out of my shell.
When I figure this picture thing out, I'll post a picture of my twin brother... He looks a little like Lee Van Cleef, or is it me that looks like Lee Van Cleef's twin brother... Never can keep that straight.

Oh well... Howdy!
Seriously though.... Looks like a fine crop of New Members!

Welcome aboard one and all.

Don't be shy. Dive right in.

We love answering questions, providing our 2 cents, poking a little fun.

We have Doctor, Lawyers, Morticians, Priests, Retiered Military, Housewives, Brits, Italians, Greeks, South Africans, Brazilians, Americans, Danes, even one member from the Marshall Islands, and many more.
We never ridicule a new pipe smoker's questions about our noble past time, because we were all new to pipes once upon a time. And, if we can provide some advice that will save the new piper a bit of difficulty, and enhance their pipe smoking experience then that is great!
Welcome to fraternity!

Don't forget to accept those Friendship Requests!

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
Hello All -- New Here. Been a fan of the site for awhile but needed to join so I could rant about some recent events....look for my topic "Pipe Smoking Discrimination" (I'll put it in Legislature, but it's not technically a legal matter, but seems most appropriate location)
Going to post now....

loxjox

Lurker
Oct 7, 2011
Hi!
My name is Martin, posting under my nickname of LoxJox and I`m a new member here! A new pipe smoker also, having been nagged into submission to give up cigarettes, I already have no idea why I went down that route in the first place! The new(?) Dunhill mixtures hooked me on my growing pipe collection, although currently, I cannot get enough Galwith and Hogwarths Latakia blend.(I assume its theirs, its sold loose).

Anyway.
Hi to all
LX

irish2fish

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2011
Alaska
HELLO ALL,

I am 31, have been smoking pipes off and on sense I was about 20 years old. When I came back from Iraq in 2005 my wife bought me a petersons system 303. It has been my favorite ever since. I am currently being medically retired from the army, and have had a lot of time on my hands, so fly tying has increased and so has my interest in my pipe. I just kinda stumbled across this site and have much enjoyed reading the articles and forums. It has been very educational and relaxing for me. Thank you for the oportunity to be a part of this site.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome Irish2fish,

When you said that you tied flies, an absurd question went through my mind...

"How does he get them to hold still long enough to tie them up?" :lol:
We're glad to have you aboard!
And most importantly:

Thank you for your service to our Country, my family, and me.

nounclejesse

Lurker
Oct 7, 2011
KC here from the great SW desert. 45 yrs old and smoked a pipe in the late 80's to quite smoking cigs. Didn't work then and quit the pipe instead. Let the cigs go for good two yrs ago and picked up the pipe again a few months back. Don't really know how I got here, but glad I did. Good meeting y'all.

sigtaublyth

Lurker
Oct 9, 2011
Hello my name is Blyth and I am 27 years old; I am new to pipe smoking and the community it is involved with. I have decided to start smoking a pipe for many reasons; two of which after research it is healthier than cigarettes which I am still smoking and the fact that my unlce as smoked a pipe for as long as I can remember.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I am always amazed at how may new members appear here and from where they are from. Welcome one and all of the newest members. We'd like to see your posts, pics and any questions you have. The only stupid question is the unasked one.

winterland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2011
Minneapolis
Hi All

I copied some of this from another forum I joined. Same story and too lazy to write the same thing twice. Minnesota here. Been lurking for about a month. Have always enjoyed the smell when others are smoking a pipe. Started smoking a MM cob pipe with some bulk tobaccos from a great B&M in Minneapolis called Golden Leaf. I picked the clerks brain and he was very helpful to this newbie. Picked up an ounce of three tobaccos he recommended for a starter. A couple english blends, Bog Oak, Harvey's Hallows and an aromatic called Powderhorn. Were all good but Powderhorn was my favorite.

I then ordered a Chuchwarden from Luna pipes online and have been breaking that in. Ordered the Middle Earth sampler from Just For Him. Treebeard has been my favorite pick so far from those.

Have been smoking my Luna pipe at our MN Renaissance Fesitival and getting some nice compliments on the pipe and the tobacco. I then lost it there 2 weekends ago. That sucked. My fault though.

Just received a tin of Penzance. Also received Lane Q1 and BCA. Mixed 50/50 I think it is my favorite so far.

Best of all I purchased a couple pipes from Lonestar. Can't wait till they arrive.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Aha! Another Lazy Pipe Smoker! Welcome to the Forum Sir. And if Lawrence sees that you have mispelt 1Q...Q1 lol.. Well I don't know WHAT he'll do.
Welcome all yee new members!
May the smoke from your pipe never cease,

May caution be yee last thought,

And may seaguls never poop on the Pirate ship yee rode in on. Argh. :puffy:

oldmaus

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2010
Welcome to the latest bunch of pipe brethren! This is a great forum and website.

dylan793

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2011
Buchanan, GA
Hey everyone. Was referred here by Mr. markw4mms. I've been posting on tampandpuff.com for a few weeks now, figured id broaden my horizons. Im 24, and about a 1 month old pipe smoker. Expect questions and amateur insight!

Status
Not open for further replies.