PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chispa

Can't Leave
Sep 18, 2011
Hey guys, and gals.

I live in Norman, Oklahoma and found out about this site from a guy named Jeremiah when I sold him some beeswax for a Meer pipe. It kind of piqued my interest when he told me about pipes.

I'm a beekeeper, brewer, shooter, reloader, hunter, and I like grilling ribeye steaks. Been homesteading lately and a nice pipe makes for a good moment of relaxing on the farm and makes the drive out there more enjoyable.

Used to have a cob a long time ago. Picked up a few more the other day along with a local store's blend called 1Q-140 (1Q?). Then I got some Orlick GoldenSliced, Frog on the Bayou, and Nightcap.
Looking forward to some help in finding that perfect blend and learning from the forum. The cobs are nice but something like this is interesting to me:

rom606.jpg

Savinelli Roma 606

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Welcome to everybody who posted here since I first did - and a shout to ekafey, from Indonesia. Talking to folks from other places is a great web benefit.

jayg

Lurker
Aug 29, 2011
Hello! I'm Jay, new to the pipe world and loving it! Glad I found the site! Any advice on anything would be great!

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Hey there y'all. Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a semi-reformed cigarette smoker and former cigar enthusiast that has recently made the advancement to pipes. And boy am I hooked. Thanks for an excellent and informative site. I'm discovering an entire universe of pipes, pipe lore, and delicious tobaccos.

oldmaus

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2010
Welcome to the forum to all the new folks!

@Chipsa I am also a beekeeper. (30-40 hives any given year)

chispa

Can't Leave
Sep 18, 2011
Well alright olmaus!! you know smoking the hives is very important!!
I'm new to the pipe scene and noticed Savinelli has a Miele bee/honey themed pipe complete withe a honey dipper style tamper. Doesn't really appeal to my tastes but thought it was interesting. Thanks for the warm welcome guys. And welcome all you guys even newer than me!

supermotes

Lurker
Sep 21, 2011
Hello pipe people,

Im relatively new to pipe smoking. Iv had a few of my grandpa's old pipes he left me when he died about 17 years ago. Iv just recently decided to try out pipe smoking, and I'v found it surprisingly complex and intriguing. It's a fascinating new world I'm ready to explore.

masse

Lurker
Sep 5, 2011
Hi, My name is Fredric. 30 years old from Sweden.

Have been smoking pipe on and off for the last 8 years or so.

I found your page when searching information about pipes and tobacco to try and jackpot! here you are! :)

a7teck

Lurker
Sep 22, 2011
Hey all, Rob from MI here. I'm a fairly young pipe smoker; I bought my first pipe at 18- a Dr. Grabow Omega. Since then I've dabbled in pipe smoking (usually when the leaves start to change...something about fall makes me want to smoke a pipe) Recently I've gotten back into it and am dedicated to making it a permanent use of time and funds. I just received my first tins of "real" tobacco- a Frog Morton sampler from Pipesandcigars.com. I smoked about half a bowl of the Frog Morton out of my new Bjarne Copenhagen- the first combo of a good pipe and good tobacco for me. I feel like Helen Keller did when she realized what w-a-t-e-r is. No more Captain Black for me! I now have on order the 2011 Christmas Cheer (1 tin so far) and the Three Oaks Syrian. Excited to be here and to learn from this great forum. Cheers!

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
Hello all. Just joined and looking forward to a fine experience. I am off to walk around the property and smoke my Churchwarden in celebration of Autumn.
Is there some pipe club near the Northern VA area?

whvaughn

Lurker
Sep 21, 2011
Hello All,
Thanks for the warm welcome (I received several friend requests that I've just accepted (I was traveling back from San Diego/La Jolla). I am currently working on sanitizing a new batch of estates I recently "won" on ebay. I love estate pipes; however, this is my first go at buying off ebay and sanitizing them myself. I've got the stems scrubbed and am using some "Over Proof" (63% alcohol) white rum to kill any possible cooties. Next step is the S/A treatment- I'm debating whether to go with the traditional salt treatment or to use the cotton ball alternative for my first try- I found a small crack near the bottom of the bowl (outside) on one of the pipes (it is supposed to be a Wally Frank Oil Finish, but I only see "Oil Finish" inscribed on the pipe- oh well, it was less than $10).
I am enjoying a lovely (and stout) GH Dark Flake out of a MM Pony- I had placed a couple of decent tobacco orders while traveling and received my shipment of goodies today (a frew weeks ago I was struck by PAD while browsing ebay, this week I had/have a bad case of TAD). I find the MM Pony perfect for sampling new tobacco (perfect size and no ghosts of smokes past).
I'll try to get pictures uploaded soon!

fyfbuddy

Lurker
Sep 24, 2011
Greetings! Two co-workers are on this site and pointed me here. My name is Mike. My Mustache is Magnus Ver Magnum. It is a joke that caught on with its own alter ego. It builds moral at work having a mustache to blame things on. Anyway, I enjoy my pipes and just wanted a place to casually learn more about pipes and tobacco. I love riding my motorcycle and hanging with my wife and kids. I ride a 2003 V Star 1100 and have a 1941 Knucklehead that will someday be road worthy. Long live Bourbon and Justice!

Status
Not open for further replies.