PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can start with the people who have to come to a full stop to make a left turn.

We have a road near here that is so congested that they put up lights with turn arounds for people to use who need to turn left. Because, if someone wants to make a left turn otherwise, they stop traffic and no one coming head on will ever stop to let someone turn across traffic. But, the idea of going down further and doing a Uturn to make their left turn into a right turn just blows the minds of most of these idiots. And, when traffic stops because someone wants to make a left, it's not uncommon to hear gunfire. This is a very serious road.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Folks who start sentences with "So..." and folks who continuously say "like".
"So I went to the supermarket today and there were like hundreds of people there and I was like where is my pal Dave like as I really needed to see him....."
Regards,
Jay.

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
So what are you like trying to like say, Jay? :wink:
People who wear pajama pants in public. Disgusting.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
"All the other pet peeves I can walk away from, have fun with, or ignore. Chilled Guinness? Gotta warm it up."
th

You can warm him up, but it won't help! :)

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
But, the idea of going down further and doing a Uturn to make their left turn into a right turn just blows the minds of most of these idiots.
Blows my mind as well. People view driving as something that can be done half-alert, when in fact, it requires paying attention to all the possibilities.
Lately, I have been seeing a lot more of people realizing (suddenly) that they are in the wrong lane (on a road they drive daily) and turning left from the right lane or right from the left lane. It's beyond pointless and dangerous given that in most cases, they can just loop the block.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
People whose pet peeves are insignificant.
PS. Spam, sliced and grilled over an open fire, served with pineapple, is tasty. It helps to eat it in Hawaii....

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
Sometimes I am lucky to realize that I have any pants on before getting out of the car. Ha ha.

That's funny. When we're expecting an inspection at work, I've commented to my boss, "I should probably wear pants that day, huh?"

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I LOVE Spam!
SPAM!
Pet peeves include: The flies (and mosquitos) around my head/house mentioned earlier. Being in Afghanistan changes one in odd ways.
So many things about drivers on the road.
Injustice.

Dec 28, 2015
I think I would wear pajama pants all day every day if that was acceptable. On second thought who cares what’s acceptable.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Street preachers who yell in my face. If they say their piece at an audible but socially appropriate level, it's their First Amendment right and I'll walk on by. But I am ashamed to admit, on occasion, when one of these fellas raises the volume so he almost knocks my hat off, it happens that I have a high-amp vocal system too, and can usually not only yell as loud, but half again louder. I don't necessarily say words, just the bellicose roar. And of course the preacher always looks shocked and dismayed. Whereupon I just look him in the eyes and shrug. So, what's the problem? Funny, what's okay for him is astonishing from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.