PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantomwolf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
TV adverts absolutely infuriate me. I find them extremely patronizing and insulting. My teeth are clenched just thinking about it. I have to mute them.
My housemate leaving cupboards and drawers open. haha No idea how stupid one has to be to do this, but..
Pizza guy forgetting my beverage
That is about it unless sitting in traffic counts?
I don't mind the religious visits. I look forward to the goofy frowns I get when I tell them 'I currently have no need for a wizard.'

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Jay, you mentioned - folks just walking into my house without ringing the bell first. I have never been to England and I'm not exactly up to date on English Law, but in my neck of the woods, in the rural corn belt Mid-West of America, someone who just walked into your house without ringing first, would likely leave the house in the permanently prone position!"
Philo, twenty years ago I would be able to take the same action...alas not now.
I do actually have a camera controlled remote door release device but in summer I leave the door open to let in fresh air...neighbours seem to see this as a 'Welcome Inside' thing...bloody annoying.
"What I hate most are scammers who prey on the old, infirm and stupid."
John, such scammers should have their hands removed as should all thieves in my book.
Regards,
Jay.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
The numerous attempts on my life weekly as I go about my business on my two-wheeled conveyance... :twisted:
jay-roger.jpg

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"People who like to think they are English professors correcting people does not make you superior it just makes you a apathetic person."
Igloo, that is so funny though I doubt you are able to see it as such. Send me your details via PM and I will post you a copy of Fowler's Modern English Usage :puffy:

"The numerous attempts on my life weekly as I go about my business on my two-wheeled conveyance."

Jay, I suffered the same when I was on two wheels...it was usually due to Volvo drivers for some reason :roll:
Regards,
Jay.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
People that insist on sitting in the left lane that aren't passing anyone and won't move over.
People who insist on correcting one's grammar.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
People who insist on correcting one's grammar.
:)
One who is afflicted with a childhood of perfect grammar may not have a choice to not correct others.... But I do try to hold off a lot!
My favorite is blasting someone who's correcting, but makes misteaks in so doing doing.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Thanks Mr. Caker; I knew you'd get it it. And, Jay you eviscerated dung sucking beetle you! (May change that in case "rampallian" is a compliment, which I rather doubt!)

Before we closed our store and moved, we lived in an apartment nextdoor. When we were closed people would try the shop door, and finding that locked would always walk into our home, like we were a 24 hour service. They never understood what the problem was when I would be standing there in my underwear with a look of infuriation on my face.

"I know your closed, but I saw your car and..."

Now that we've moved people will still try the door knob if we don't come to the door right away. It must just be a Southern small town thing. Sure, I could shoot them, but I wouldn't like having to constantly clean brains off the carpet.

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
...and our damned city has an ordinance against heads on spikes.
Ah, one of those sanctuary cities, eh?
Sure. You made me look it up.
rampallian. (ræmˈpælɪən) obsolete. a scoundrel, wretch, rascal.

EDIT: Hmmm...can I change my name to that?

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Jay you eviscerated dung sucking beetle you!"
What a jabberer you are John, bordering on being a pickleherring for being so pervicacious :wink:
"I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find great delight" :puffy:
Regards,
Jay.

kirkland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
People chomping on gum..and even worse "snapping" it. Give me the sexiest girl alive and have her chomping on gum and it just made her ugly. Well, not ugly, but highly unattractive.
People quietly sneaking out a nasty smelling fart and not letting anyone knows how bad it's gonna stink.
Burnt restaurant food. The cook and the waiter KNOWS its burnt yet they serve it to you anyway.
Buttons. I have no use with fiddling aroud with them. Plus, they're ugly. Zippers and velcro please.
Phillips screws and flat head screws should both be outlawed. Torx (star-bits) are king.
When the guy in the bathroom stall next to you starts shooting cannons and fireworks out his butt...followed by moans and groans.

Status
Not open for further replies.