My Apologies for My Misspelling and Poor Sentence Structure.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

patiobum

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2009
Baytown,Texas
So sorry to hear this Harris. I have never had a stone and surly hope I never do. I have heard some bad stories about stones but your case is the worse yet.
Prayers said for some relief.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I went to my regular doctor a little while ago and he agree with me that 18 days with a stint in me was too long. Luckily my doc is friendly with the urologist so I have a tenative date of the 16th to do the lithotripsy which would be perfect. He also upped the dosage on my oxycontin and added valium for stress relief and I am feeling better.
I was in the Er on Saturday and they were pretty much useless, all they hit you with is dilaudid and that don't do much for pain, they refuse to use demerol which is the best for kidney stone pain. Hopefully a week from now this will all be over and I can forget about it til the next time.
Irish,thanks for the info. The shortest they left it in one time was 3 days and I was fine, the longest was 8 days and that also worked out although it was torture the whole time. I went with a new urologist this time and his combo of drugs has made pissing through the stent more beerable than the other times.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Harris, I've had a brush with kidney stones. The first was the worst I've experienced. Women who've had kids and

kidney stones say the pain is comparable to childbirth. Make sure you have the best medical people available.

Clearly, everyone here is pulling for you.

Dec 24, 2012
I hope you are feeling better now that you are on the Hillbilly Heroin. You are very lucky you are not well endowed - that should make the removal of the offending kidney stone much easier.

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
My gosh, Harris, what a terrible way to start the holiday season! I certainly hope that they can get that damn stone out of you, and that you're able to enjoy the rest of the season. Buy yourself a new pipe to celebrate when things are better.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
That's good news Harris - glad to hear you're managing. I hope it's gotten rid of soon.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Hope everything passes quickly or they can go in and get it asap Harris. Sorry you have to go through this so close to Christmas. I am wishing for a speedy recovery for you buddy.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
trailboss, that was too freaking funny, thanks foe the laugh.
Thanks for all the well wishes guys, it is really appreciated. I had a decent nights sleep considering all he meds I have in me. They have me on 4 different meds just to deal with the stent pain and two others for the kidney stone pain. YOU can't imagine how long it takes me to write a sentance, sometimes I doze off in the middle of writing one. But it is really helping me to keep my mind off of this stuff.

docrx

Jan 9, 2011
Ive been where you are Harris. Stay tough. Hope it's all over soon. Drink lot's of lemonade.

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Sorry to hear about all the woes Harris. I've had friends who had stones and saw the terrifying pain they went through. Get well soon buddy. And hurry up, giving Peck a hard time takes more than one person. :mrgreen:

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I was contacted by the hospital today and they have me scheduled to try and blast the stone with ultrsound on the 16th. I am not confident that they will be able to break it up with just the ultrasound considering when they went in to grab it and laser the thing, it would not budge. I am thinking that after they fail to break it up with the ultrasound, they are going to have to go in from the outside into my kidney to get it that way. It will be the first time they have ever tried this procedure with me because all the other times either the ultrasound or the surgery when they go in through your penis has always worked. I think the fact that it is so misshapen and big is the reason the are having so much trouble. They did inform me that I have a few smaller stones in my left kidney which they will eventually have to deal with. If this was 100 years ago I would be dead from kidney failure as they did not have the technology they have today.
The worst part of all this is that the food that causes my stones are mostly green vegetables like Asparagus, Broccoli, Green Beans, Brussel sprouts and spinach and basically all good stuff I am supposed to eat. I will have to see a nutritionist as soon as this episode is over to figure out what I need to eat to keep this from happening so frequently. Twice in less than a year is not good as I cannot continue t keep having stents put in me.
I really appreciate everyone's well wishes and concerns, it does mean a lot to me, so thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.