PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
I don't have a problem with the smell,but struggle to light the tobacco.I cant seem to draw the flame down well..With my rollagas no problem.undoughtably user error but what?

Reactions: El Capitán

El Capitán

Lifer
Jun 5, 2022
Newberry, Indiana
I have a Beattie,was not paying attention and burnt the rim of my new pipe.the flame is quite aggressive
You might be packing too tight. The flame should be just above the rim but not close enough to scorch it. Take short puffs until you get a nice char on the tobacco and then tamp even. Light again to get even embars.

Reactions: paulfg

El Capitán

Lifer
Jun 5, 2022
Newberry, Indiana
Then your original statement is reduced to "Zippo users are fine with using liquid fuel." Don't see your point on that especially given your statement that many don't know of the butane inserts.
My original statement is a fact: liquid fuel is fine for smoking. There is no harm in using it. You jumped to assumptions and attempted to twist my statements by insinuating I was referring to preference when my statement did not make any reference to preference. It's a poor use of correspondence and very improper.

Status
Not open for further replies.