How/What Beverages do You Pair with Your Pipe?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Mostly filtered ice water, but also almost anything else i drink, including tea, coffee, lager, bourbon, lemonade, etc. I don't drink much milk except with sweets, and I think it would coat the mouth in a taste dampening way. Tea is excellent, but I avoid it because it may contribute to kidney stones.

Briar Tuck

Lifer
Nov 29, 2022
Oregon coast
Anything, as long as it's straight whiskey. Scotch, Irish, Canadian, Bourbon, Rye, flavored, or not. Lately I've been really enjoying Bird Dog salted caramel, but since I went through the last bottle I switched to Bird Dog maple, which is also quite good.

Reactions: Smoke Wagon

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I don’t like carbonated beverages with a pipe. Hot tea, iced tea, coffee, iced coffee & water for me. Coffee in the morning with 1792 or Bracken Flake is a ritual of mine that I will never tire of. Unfortunately I’m running low on Bracken, and it has aged so well!

Steddy

Lifer
Sep 18, 2021
Western North Carolina
Black coffee and strong Burley in the morning.

I love Bourbon with strong Dark Fired blends (aged Jack Knife Plug), out of all the spirits-tobacco pairings this is the most harmonious for me.

Rum for Virginia.
Cognac for English blends.
Or just water. I’m still exploring so who knows, maybe chocolate milk and War Horse will blow my mind.