How/What Beverages do You Pair with Your Pipe?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Smoke Wagon

Can't Leave
Dec 3, 2022
I prefer Diet Pepsi when I’m a smoking aromatics. I think the two sweet tasting things go together. I often pair bourbon with Virginias and VaPers because the sweetness of the bourbon seems to go well with sweetish Virginia tobacco. I like smoky scotch with a good English blend. The smoke and peat seem to compliment the flavors well.

Whats your preference? Any particular reason why?

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
Sweetened black coffee in the morning with a burley blend for my first cup. Second cup of morning coffee I'll add some Carnation Chocolate Creamer which goes great with a vanilla aromatic. Taste just like hot cocoa. In the evening I'll drink A&W Root Beer with pretty much any blend. I don't drink alcoholic beverages because my health doesn't allow it. I did drink alcoholic beverages in the past but didn't like the combination.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Iced tea is my favorite on the deck. The rare Coca Cola adds a tingle to Virginias. This time of year, it's just plain old ice water most of the time.

If I enjoyed pipes more in the mornings, which is not normal, it would be coffee or strong black tea with some sugar - those actually pair the best, just don't usually work with my "schedule".

The occasional Corona on the deck in the summer is nice, but as much as I've tried to enjoy a bowl with a single malt or pot whisky (whiskey), the combination just hasn't really worked, but doesn't stop me trying from time to time. I really don't drink much, and when I have some spirits I tend to enjoy those for their own sake and more often with something sweet to eat (chocolate) vs. smoke.