How/What Beverages do You Pair with Your Pipe?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Sethology12

Might Stick Around
Jan 27, 2023
Richmond, Va
Always water. Anything else is gonna really muddle the flavor. Sometimes when I am getting tasteless bowls or cigars I drink a few swigs of water and suddenly the flavor bursts. Also nice because it cools the mouth down a little

badbriar

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 17, 2012
Suncoast Florida by the Beach
My preferences in summer are iced tea, iced coffee and occasionally a nice cold ale or stout.
In winter, I like strong coffee, expresso or a good hot black or oolong tea.
Unlike with cigars, I do not prefer bourbons, rums or whiskeys with pipes, as those tend to overpower the nuances in fine pipe tobacco blends.
As stated, with cigars, most anything is on the table!

Cyxelsid

Starting to Get Obsessed
I prefer Diet Pepsi when I’m a smoking aromatics. I think the two sweet tasting things go together. I often pair bourbon with Virginias and VaPers because the sweetness of the bourbon seems to go well with sweetish Virginia tobacco. I like smoky scotch with a good English blend. The smoke and peat seem to compliment the flavors well.

Whats your preference? Any particular reason why?
I find that a good coffee is a great pairing in the early morning or when it is cold out... but I can also go for a good bourbon and ginger beer. On a hot afternoon, a frosty Arnold Palmer is a nice pairing too.

Pooh-Bah

Can't Leave
Apr 21, 2023
Central Maryland
Water. Coffee. Tea - used to be a big fan of Russian Caravan with my pipe, need to buy more of that.
Most recently, I've taken to bringing my bottle of aquavit with me to the lounge, let the caraway cleanse my palate as necessary between puffs.

Reactions: Smoke Wagon

MartyA

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2024
Iowa
A tiny bit of whiskey and Mountain Dew... Just enough to wet my whistle. I'll take out maybe a quarter inch in the bottom of a glass.

Reactions: Bles

Bles

Might Stick Around
Apr 18, 2024
Pretoria, SOUTH AFRICA
In the mornings an espresso or Americano and in the evenings either a single malt, dark rum, pot still brandy neat or a glass of red wine (Pinotage, Shiraz or Merlot).