PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2012
Where are all the old codgers? I don't like being the senior on this thread. Seniors check out first. We must have a few guys who have been at it over 60 years.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
I started piping in the early eighties. Captain Black White and Prince Albert. Just those two for years and years. But to my credit, my first pipe was a Dunhill Shell. I used to smoke nails and worked in the restaurant business. We had one client that came in day after day and sat at the bar smoking his Dunhill. I got motivated and saved some money. And in 1984 I bought my first pipe, a Dunhill Shell billiard dated 1984. I bought it new in San Francisco. Still have the pipe. Since those early days, I've smoked every day, five bowls or so. Now going on 30 yrs. I wouldn't be me without a pipe.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Started in 2000, took a break in 2009 till 2012 and been at it a full year now. Smoked cigars for 25 years straight. Been smoking something since 1969.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
7 months, and loving every day of it! I smoked nails for 7 years before that, I wish I had made the switch sooner.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
I smoked cigars off and on for about 4 years. But took to the pipe last September and have been loving it ever since. Learning new stuff everyday.

wilson

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2013
36 years, off and on. The "off" time was long and, in part, due to not finding good tobacco to smoke.

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
50 years, on and off. Thought it was cool as a kid, now I think it's delicious.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
About 45 years, with a hiatus of oh, maybe 10 years,when I did cigars more. Then I discovered a tin of C&D Strathspey at a JR outlet, found Yahoo Pipesmokers 2, and before long was full bore into the pipe. Now cigars are an "every now and then" thing.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Pipe smoker since I was 16 years old and the best tobacco I could get at the restaurant where I worked was Amphora Brown. That makes almost 50 years with a pipe and many cigars. Enjoyed it then and even more now!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.