PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Only about 14 mos (I smoked my fist pipe over 30 years ago but it didn't take at the time). Never have I taken up a new hobby with such zealousness before.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
About 16 years total, but regularly for about 11. It gets better as you go...

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
I began smoking a pipe in 1959 as a freshman in college. I smoked it steadily until 1975 when I stopped for 15 years.
Then around 1990, I hauled out my pipes, cleaned up my collection, and began adding both pipes to that collection and tobacco to the cellar. Been going strong ever since and loving every minute of it.
I might say the highlight of my day is time spent with my beautiful pipes and on this wonderful, informative forum.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
I bought my first pipe in the early 1990's. Very occasional smoker for the next two decades. Pulled out the stops around 2010 and got into the hobby full bore as I discovered the online pipe/tobacco world. :puffy:

salewis

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2011
I have been smoking a pipe for 47 years although I took 15 year off. I have been back smoking my pipes for the past three years.

roadqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2013
I started smoking cigs 14 years ago at the tender age of 17. I first picked up a pipe 2 months ago and am in love with the hobby.
Still smoke cigs though. :oops:

PlanxtyPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2013
Bought my first pipe in 2006 or 2007. That would put me at 6-7 years. However, for most of that I wasn't smoking the pipe. I smoked it for about a year, then I put it down when I picked cigarettes back up. Was smoking cigarettes from 2008-2011 and then I kicked that habit again. Picked the pipe back up about 5 months ago now.

adam2

Might Stick Around
Jun 8, 2013
Bought my first pipe - a bend billard and a bag McBaren Mixture - when I was 15. I had been facinated of pipes as long as I remember (proberly "bad" influence from both my grand dads who was pipe smokers) so it was a big day whenI got my own. It is about 30 years ago now. Never smoked more than 3-5 bowls a week. Most people dont even know about it. I like to have it as my own little secret and never smoke in public :)

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
Will be 10 years this year I think, Started with a basket ITALY pipe (still have) and a blend from the local shop called Upland Days. Still smoke it at least once a year, I am sure its some Lane renamed thing. Smoke about 2 packs of cigs a week when time or wind does not allow for the pipe at work.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
December 2012 same time i joined this forum.
Been smoking nails for too long im ashamed to say since i was 14yrs old really wanna quit the habbit i hate and love cigs but mostly hate lol

Aug 14, 2012
Still nobody who has been smoking for 60 years or more. What does that say about our prospects for longevity?

adam2

Might Stick Around
Jun 8, 2013
@foggy: the onces smoked for 60+ years do not waste their time on the internet.

joemcdds

Lurker
Nov 28, 2011
I started in 1957 and stopped in college, went back on sometimes in dental school, started again while in practice, stopped, retired, now full time,,,,enjoy...Dr. Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.