Have Some Regulars Become Lurkers Since the Switch?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Wow this whole time I was reading the title of the thread backwards.

Now that totally changes the perspective of the thread!

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
I think of it as a Sea Monkey tank sitting on Zuckerberg's desk.

Or for anyone who's seen the movie Cube, it's like voluntarily entering one of those.

OMG a cube reference, I watched all 3 of them about a year ago on a very very hungover sunday. This is the 1st time I have heard anyone mention them other than my buddy that showed me the 1st one on that day.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
OMG a cube reference, I watched all 3 of them about a year ago on a very very hungover sunday. This is the 1st time I have heard anyone mention them other than my buddy that showed me the 1st one on that day.

I've seen the first 2...haven't got around to the third yet...thanks for the reminder.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I think Xenforo has renamed features that were part of forums even before the rise of suxial media: the Friend and Ignore features. I don't recall exactly what were the advantages of 'befriending' someone (which seems to have been renamed to 'Following' now) but Ignoring was useful. Worked very well for me on another board where some member was constantly exhibiting himself; of course, the thing becomes useless when someone else quotes the ignored one's posts... ?

Addendum: heh, I just found this after typing all that: Xenforo: what does Follow do?

papiperguy

Lurker
Sep 7, 2019
I had to rejoin under a new name so I lost all of my history. Frankly, I don't like what we have here now but I'll deal with it as a newbie again.

Status
Not open for further replies.