Have Some Regulars Become Lurkers Since the Switch?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

charf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 10, 2018
New Zealand
I bounced around for two days resetting passwords and trying to keep up with emails revising passwords. It appears I finally managed to install a password of my own, and despite the occasional balk, I've stayed on. I used my usual posting time to tinker until it happened. Mainly I didn't get perturbed, which is my digital undoing. It seems I have to assume the status of not caring whether I achieve my goals or not, and things then may come along. Is this a life lesson?
MSO, Not sure about the life lesson but glad to hear you are sorted. I am sure you will be an expert on how the new forum works in no time.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
For me, it took a while to get past that password change sentry, which just about ran me off for good. Now, I have to hunt like hell to figure out what the threads are. I don't even understand how to use this forum format on the phone, and all the damn lies the younger punks told us about how this would make the forum so much easier... Lies!

No, I don't like this new newfangled look. It's confusing, and hard to read. It doesn't even look new, just more complicated. But, I will roll with it, spitting, cussing, and farting the whole way.

I'm going to punch a younger person person in the mouth tonight, just cos...

Man, we were so close. Gotta try harder on the next update!

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
On a scale of 1-10, I give the changes here, a 2.
There will always be folks on the low end of the bell curve when it comes to big changes. I think if you were one of the moderators maybe that number would be a little higher ;)

Fortunately, it seems the vast majority of users (myself included) are very happy with the changes once adjusted, and very thankful we have such great people willing to put in the massive amount of effort it took to make these changes so that we can keep enjoying the free forum here in the 21st century.

On the scale of 1-10, I give the changes here, an 11. There, now the average is balanced back out for your detailed forum update user rating records, mods. :LOL:

charf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 10, 2018
New Zealand
I just looked up charf on urbandictionary. Literally none of the options are good. What gives?

Urban Dictionary: charf - https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=charf
Hi AlaskanPiper,
I explained my name in the post Explain Your Name in May. The 26th I think. The reference of the word is to MaryJane but I don’t use it. It was a bit of a joke between my brother and I when I took up the pipe. He used the word and it stuck in my head. Nice moose by the way. Never been to Alaska but it looks awesome.

Reactions: bnichols23

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
The update was smooth for me. I am a android user for the most part but I also use an iPad. I have had no issues. The new layout I find easy to use and easy to navigate. The new features are great. I am a happy forum user.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
The new format isn't all that new to me as it's been used on other forums to which I belong. It's nice to have those features here as well. The format doesn't work as well on my iPhone either, but I don't much care as I rarely look at anything on it.

There are a few design decisions I don't like, though I understand from a commercial standpoint why they are what they are, but the place is much better featured and that will be a plus down the road.

I don't post that often because there isn't that much for me that's new. After a couple of years forum topics become more and more repetitious. For new members it's all new. That's partly why forums are a revolving door.

If I've got something to add, a bit of useful information to share, I may post. It the topic has been well covered I don't post.

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
For me, the learning curve was steep but short. That is the way of many things in my life. Now, I really like the new sites. I hope the regulars take the time to give this site a chance. I would miss some of you guys, not all of you, but some.

Status
Not open for further replies.