Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Never had one but there used to be a mom & pop burger joint famous for their burger topped with melted peanut butter.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
"Weren't we supposed to boycott Heinz due to their anti-smoking position?"
Based upon my negative impression of Ms. Teresa Heinz-Kerry I would not buy ANYTHING manufactured by the H.J. Heinz Company. I was simply quoting Mr. Buffett.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
A good hamburger blend properly seasoned and grilled doesn't need help. I do like grilled onions, and occasionally good chili, a thick slice of tomato, and/or lettuce as add-ons to the burger so well prepared that it doesn't need them.
Ketchup on a hamburger is an anathema. Mustard? Doesn't really do anything for me. That's better for corned beef. Hamburger relish was created to speed up the fall of western civilization. All this junk can be added over an inferior patty to make it less of an insult to humanity.
A good burger doesn't need anything.

cpjeffrey11

Might Stick Around
Feb 24, 2015
What's the story behind the jocular controversy regarding the classification of burgers as sandwiches?

It was an old argument that started with Petersons being called out as poor quality, which led to the universal classifications of foods. It was an epic controversy that no longer exists, but started out absurd and ended up celestial. But, what can we expect from a Starcat, haha.

It was good fun, but one in which the cat that started it never returned.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
Living in New Mexico, green chili is the number one topping for just about everything you could imagine. Its always on my burgers.

jparker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 22, 2014
Jalapeno, bacon, grilled onion, a little bit of cilantro and either cheddar or muenster cheese.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I prefer my Hamburglar with some sick glove saves in between a wicked two pad stacked sliding save. (hockey fans should get that).
Seriously, I'm boring, just give me some nice Swiss cheese, some ketchup, some mustard, and some killer dill pickles (love the entire pickles family huge Rugrats fan).

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
Ketchup on a hamburger is an anathema. Mustard? Doesn't really do anything for me. That's better for corned beef. Hamburger relish was created to speed up the fall of western civilization. All this junk can be added over an inferior patty to make it less of an insult to humanity.
While I agree with your opinion of condiments in general, I think I disagree on the ketchup. I like the sweetness that it brings to the flavor profile of a good burger- I think I would be just as happy with a little sugar mixed into the meat though.

beastkhk

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2015
+1 on adding a little sugar in with the meat
Edit: But I also mix in spices that are spicy, savory and smokey; the sugar rounds that out nicely.(And in my opinion helps with the process of caramelizing the burger on the grill)

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Based upon my negative impression of Ms. Teresa Heinz-Kerry I would not buy ANYTHING manufactured by the H.J. Heinz Company
Too right!
Grilled 80/20 burger sprayed with Worcester sauce, add mustard, sharp cheddar cheese, dill pickles, onions, garden tomato, on a grilled bun, served with home made barbecue beans and german potato salad, and chips. Beverage of your choice.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I admire those who can forgo the best ketchup for any reason, but I cannot.
My favorite- between 15-20% fat, grilled open flame, Pittsburg style (charred on the outside, pink in the middle) a bit of ketchup, maybe crisp lettuce, cheese if any, Cheddar. Pickles on the side, including watermelon rind pickle. Bun toasted, a touch of mayo. Iced tea, Dr. Pepper or root beer. Heaven.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
I quit eating red meat so long ago I don't even remember what it tasted like, except that I didn't miss it even in the beginning. But I'll take my chicken-turkey-fish-veggie burgers with any variety of toppings except raw onions or anything spicy. Raw onions make me want to gag, and spicy, well, I don't really care to make eating an exercise in pain endurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.